Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do i earn Bestselling Author Achivement?

How can i earn this?
i'm a level 10 Writer
Gold Saint of Pisces
nlaauh.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Chris41279Chris41279 Posts: 247 Member
    Oh boy, well to try and get Writer's Block you can try being in a different mood than Inspired and practice writing for hours on end. Maybe try being Angry or Sad or what not.

After level 7/8'ish in Writing, getting Writer's Block is close to impossible. The only other option is to cheat if my previous recommendations don't work.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    How can i earn this?<br />
    i'm a level 10 Writer

I made a room on the Gallery to help a friend with this, it's called 'Get Me Writers Block'. Just look for my name on the Gallery, download the room into your garden, follow the instructions...done. I've one it over a dozen times now, as have others. Just make sure you get rid of all th good moodlets. :)

• Options
    PiscesCardinalePiscesCardinale Posts: 108 Member
    i've allready sent five bestsellers to the mailbox but i still dont get the achievement.
    Gold Saint of Pisces
    nlaauh.jpg
  • Options
    What else do i need to do? i really need to write the book of life or epic poem.
    Gold Saint of Pisces
    nlaauh.jpg
  • Options
    Rainbow2Rainbow2 Posts: 83 Member
    So I take it you're up to the final stage of the aspiration? Have you completed all of the other steps? Is the bestseller step the only one left?
  • Options
    > @Rainbow2 said:
    > So I take it you're up to the final stage of the aspiration? Have you completed all of the other steps? Is the bestseller step the only one left?
    yeah i'm level 10 and i've sent to the mailbox five bestselling books and i received the money for the books too but didn't get any achievement.
    Gold Saint of Pisces
    nlaauh.jpg
  • Options
    Rainbow2Rainbow2 Posts: 83 Member
    Hmm. I'm not really sure what the problem could be, honestly. Are you 100% sure that the 5 books you wrote were all bestsellers? I'm pretty sure the aspiration should've completed as soon as you finished writing the last one (it's been a while since I did Bestselling Author, but I'm pretty sure the requirement is only to write 5 bestsellers). Have you definitely finished all of the other requirements? You said you're level 10 - have you earned $25000 from publishing books as well?
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    > @Rainbow2 said:<br />
    > So I take it you're up to the final stage of the aspiration? Have you completed all of the other steps? Is the bestseller step the only one left?<br />
    yeah i'm level 10 and i've sent to the mailbox five bestselling books and i received the money for the books too but didn't get any achievement.

@PiscesCardinale have you given your sim the Bestselling Author Aspiration? OR are you doing the Writers Career?

Have you got past the part where you have to get writers block? because I don't think you have, as you are not giving all the actual info needed to get the Book of Life award. I think you have just maxed out writers skill on the career without doing all the other things needed for the aspiration. Please confirm what aspiration your sim has, because writers career and writers aspiration are 2 different things.

The reason I think this is because you mention having to sell 5 bestsellers and that's a career goal.
  • Options
    > @litabelaqua said:
    > PiscesCardinale wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > PiscesCardinale have you given your sim the Bestselling Author Aspiration? OR are you doing the Writers Career?
    >
    > Have you got past the part where you have to get writers block? because I don't think you have, as you are not giving all the actual info needed to get the Book of Life award. I think you have just maxed out writers skill on the career without doing all the other things needed for the aspiration. Please confirm what aspiration your sim has, because writers career and writers aspiration are 2 different things.
    >
    > The reason I think this is because you mention having to sell 5 bestsellers and that's a career goal.

I didn't choose author aspiration,i just choosed the career so i can write the book of life so i won't have trobles with old Grim and yes i have encountered the writter's block too, my aspiration is Soulmate.
    Gold Saint of Pisces
    nlaauh.jpg
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    > @litabelaqua said:<br />
    > PiscesCardinale wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > PiscesCardinale have you given your sim the Bestselling Author Aspiration? OR are you doing the Writers Career?<br />
    > <br />
    > Have you got past the part where you have to get writers block? because I don't think you have, as you are not giving all the actual info needed to get the Book of Life award. I think you have just maxed out writers skill on the career without doing all the other things needed for the aspiration. Please confirm what aspiration your sim has, because writers career and writers aspiration are 2 different things.<br />
    > <br />
    > The reason I think this is because you mention having to sell 5 bestsellers and that's a career goal.<br />
    <br />
    I didn't choose author aspiration,i just choosed the career so i can write the book of life so i won't have trobles with old Grim and yes i have encountered the writter's block too, my aspiration is Soulmate.

The book of Life is the reward for completing Creativity-Bestselling Author Aspiration. Change your aspiration complete it then change back to the Soulmate aspiration You wont lose any progress on the soulmate aspiration.
    Hope this helps :)

• Options
    > @Terrylin said:
    > PiscesCardinale wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The book of Life is the reward for completing Creativity-Bestselling Author Aspiration. Change your aspiration complete it then change back to the Soulmate aspiration You wont lose any progress on the soulmate aspiration.
    > Hope this helps :)
    Oh i see thanks!!
    Gold Saint of Pisces
    nlaauh.jpg