Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited October 2018
    And Melody snags her next Baby Daddy, Marcus Flex, and is preggers again! Read all about it. Enjoy!

Chapter 3 - Summer Rain

melody_looking_for_items_in_a_thunderstorm.png
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    @SoulGal7 I am loving your chapters. Keep up the great story telling. When I name my babies in this challenge, I just get the babies the daddy's last name. Helps me keep track of what child goes with which daddy. I am also doing the ABC naming. When my Devon had her first baby, I hit the random name generator and had decided I was going to go with the first name that came up, and low and behold it started with and A. LOL Now with the subsequent babies, I just hit the random name generator until the correct starting letter shows up, selecting the first one that pops up. I bet it will be quit the challenge when Q X and Z come around. BTW, I had no idea the chicken hat helps with getting inspired! Thanks for the tips. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @Fizzstix - thanks so much for reading. Yes, I am just randomly picking the names, too from the name selector and doing the same as you are. And that is how I got my next baby name, which is kind of cool. I hadn't even thought of Q names, yet. I may have to go to a baby naming site for that one and possibly X if the name randomizer doesn't give any.

And now for our next chapter. Melody tries to snag Jacques Villareal for her next Donor Dad, but he wasn't coming over. lol Smart guy! So, a convenient townie is her next recruit. Enjoy!

Chapter 4 - Dinner Date

dont_be_around_her_in_the_kitchen.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Hi everyone! In this chapter, I realize there is a glitch in my game, as Melody's babies haven't aged to toddler yet. It's like she has quadruplets. They are all going to age up to toddler on the same day! Oh someone please help her! lol Read all about it here. Enjoy!

Chapter 5 - Toddler Chaos

waiting_for_the_babies_to_age_up.png
    Melody waiting for the babies to age up. It's tiring work!
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 That's called getting triplets/quads the hard way. LOL BTW- there's a moodlet you get after having a baby.. it's an actual count down to when the baby ages up. If you keep an eye on that, you'll know when the baby is suppose to age up (in case your game glitches the babies again.)
  • Options
    @Fizzstix - the calendar is great now in Seasons as it shows the birthdays, but sometimes it lists a birthday on a certain day, but it happens the next day. So still not 100% accurate. Oh yes, the notices...well, that was the problem, too, I wasn't getting any lol To be honest, it was so much easier when they were babies!
  • Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    Hi all - I've been playing for years now, and my third mom is pregnant with the series' 54th child.

The constant sadness from older children passing away is making it unplayable. Has anyone found a solution?
  • Options
    @AdelaideMann I have a mod that lets me click off unwanted moodlets. I have been doing that when my sims get the +2 sadness of someone they aren't even friends with. It's unrealistic to be sad that long for someone you barely know. Perhaps when it comes to the passing of the children, let the mom grieve for a day, then click it off?

UI Cheats Extension; by weerbesu
    The mod is: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Melody has a houseful of toddlers and is about to give birth to Baby # 5. Enjoy!

Chapter 6 - Where are the Leaves?

britanni-and-cameron-autonomous-hug.png
  • Options
    Hi all! It's Harvestfest! Another chapter up-date :)

Chapter 7 - Harvestfest

this-was-his-anwer.png
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 the high chairs are a real struggle for sure! Btw.. in case you didn't know, you can continue to plead for forgiveness as many times are you like. The electric shock you get isn't like the ones that are lethal. You can get shocked over and over and you don't die from the shock of the gnomes.
  • Options
    @Fizzstix - have you been trying this out with one of your simmies. Let's see how many times I can plead for forgiveness and get shocked! lol Yes, I was nervous that if I asked again, she might be getting a visit from the Grim Reaper. So, I just moved those nasty gnomes to the lawn, but they moved back inside....grrr....
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Fizzstix - have you been trying this out with one of your simmies. Let's see how many times I can plead for forgiveness and get shocked! lol Yes, I was nervous that if I asked again, she might be getting a visit from the Grim Reaper. So, I just moved those nasty gnomes to the lawn, but they moved back inside....grrr....

Yep.. My sim got shocked numerous times and Grimmie never showed up. At worst, their mood wasn't great .. but even that didn't last a super long time. If you are nervous about trying it out next time, save your game before you plead for forgiveness.. that way if something not expected/wanted happens.. you can exit your game without saving and come right back to before you made whatever decision you were leary about. :D
  • Options
    DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Are we allowed to let the matriarch buy a lottery ticket?
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Are we allowed to let the matriarch buy a lottery ticket?

I don't see why not.

(Out of curiosity, where can you get them/ what pack are they in?)
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    edited November 2018
    @DatSubmarineYourLookingFor -lottery tickets are part of the Seasons pack. The lottery is a random-generated holiday on the calendar. Only when The Lottery Day is on your calendar can you purchase a lottery ticket.

@denimjo - I don't see a problem with it. It's a random chance that you can win. Do you know about the money tree in the Seasons pack? When you get 5,000 aspiration reward points, you can purchase one. It is under "all" when you look at the rewards.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Hi All! I am behind in posting on my 100 Baby Challenge. Here is chapter 8. Enjoy!

Ch 8 - Are We There Yet?

ana-and-elise.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    SimaphileSimaphile Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a long time. I just had to chime in on my experience with this challenge. I don't have any expansions beyond cats and dogs. That said, I just got to my second matriarch. My first one had 21 babies all made it to their move out days. About my gameplay though, it's a little bit more challenging. I am using a miscarriage mod that is similar to the one from Sims2. If her energy and/or hunger get too low, it's possible that she will miscarry and ALSO possibly become infertile if she miscarries. This is challenge spike number one lol.

I had installed a mod to choose aspirations and trait at random upon age up and I LOVE it especially since I have also added a lot of custom traits. Speaking of that, here is challenge spike number two. My second matriarch has drawn the General Anxiety Disorder trait and as a result is ALWAYS tense and on the edge. She can't paint or do any woodworking unless she is in a very very rare good mood.

She got pregnant with twins as a teen. She's failing out of high school and almost never talks to her twin girls. I thought this was hard with the first matriarch but this is.....almost impossible. Just before the first matriarch died, they bought a bigger house and the bills are like 4k. NO WAY can she make this money painting. She is just not ever happy enough to do it. Soon I suppose they will be without water and electricity and having to rely on food from the grills or parks.

Part of me wants to just grow up her daughters (naturally) and let her just retire and hope for better traits for her kids but the hardcore simmer in me who has been playing since Sims 1 was first released is looking forward to the challenge. I'll try to come back and post some pics later. Just had to stop lurking.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    welcome to the forums @Simaphile .. boy you definitely have your challenges in place for you! I can't wait until you can share some pictures.

@SoulGal7 I've noticed that the thinking skill is the one that just doesn't raise up autonomously ... you have to help your toddlers with that one for sure (aside from getting them going on the potty training)
  • Options
    DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @denimjo - I don't see a problem with it. It's a random chance that you can win. Do you know about the money tree in the Seasons pack? When you get 5,000 aspiration reward points, you can purchase one. It is under "all" when you look at the rewards.

I know about that reward, yep. May save up enough rewards points to snag it; do you happen to know if hired gardeners or visiting sims can harvest it without your permission?

Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Options
    @Denimjo - I am not sure about the hired gardeners. I think that if it is ready to harvest, they will probably harvest it, because it is the same as any other plant. I am not sure about the visitors, though, unless they have a high gardening skill an autonomously start tending your garden. You can always put a little fence around it so no-one can get it, or put it in the basement with no stairs.
  • Options
    snapun_simssnapun_sims Posts: 9 New Member
    Is there any chance for rules update for 'seasons' and 'get famous' (or new update things like new career)? Can we take all those new jobs with 'work from home' option?
    And what about money tree?
  • Options
    @snapun_sims - I would think that any of the new careers that you can work from home would be fine. I believe that since the "money tree" is purchased with aspiration points, that it is fine. I have purchased one in my 100 baby challenge.

Here it is in the rules: "Any other in-game rewards that you've earned by completing aspirations/whims and throwing social events may be used. You earned them fair and square, there's no reason why you should not be able to enjoy benefits that you've done the work to unlock."
  • Options
    snapun_simssnapun_sims Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello again! I got this problem with Father Winter's son. He grew up into young adult and moved out from house, and after one of last patches he just wanished from family tree and from town. Should I count him or not? Thanks!
  • Options
    @snapun_sims - yes, count him in. It is a well-documented glitch. I guess he needed help at the North Pole and recruited all his children to help! lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top