Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Classify outfits

Would it be possible to have a mod that allows you to not only classify outfits, but also set what outfits are appropriate for community lots and parties? It would be nice not to have yodas running around randomly, but still allow sims to wear certain outfits for specific occassions...for example, if you classify the new Star Wars outfit set as costumes, NPCs and other sims would be allowed to wear it at a costume party that you throw. Another example: if you build an upscale bar and only want your sims to wear formal outfits, you should be able to do that (AND, if you want to, be able to classify the yoda outfit as "formal")

I don't know anything about making mods, just trying to get a feel to see if this is possible or not. I would really appreciate any (useful) responses!

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    I'm with you on this one! I'm hoping they will add a "costumes" filter to avoid those outfits showing up in other sections. When I watch the gaming session yesterday. I noticed the extreme clothing options are even listed very first so you will need to scroll past the extremes every time you use CAS, even if you never use those options. I for one will probably never use the Star Wars stuff at all (not matching my current game), so I actually hope I can avoid having them in my game LOL.

We need filters if EA plan to add lots of weird stuff beyond our will.

PS: I'm positive to the extras in general, even if it sounds like I'm not too happy, LOL!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I don't think you sound unhappy at all! People play the sims so differently, some people prefer a "normal" world where everyone is dressed "normal and have "normal" jobs, others prefer a kooky world where people are dressed like hot dogs lol. I think being able to classify outfits will allow you all kinds of playstyles without compromising the personalization factor. I really hope EA or modders can make this happen!!