Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to add a child to my household?

So I've been chatting with a few of the local neighborhood kids, and they are pretty cool.

Currently, I am only playing one sim... and I don't have any plans on having him get married or anything... but I'm thinking about adding either a little brother or 'adopting' a son.

What would be the easiest way to do this? (cheats enabled or not - doesn't matter to me)

I'm thinking of using one from the gallery... Is it possible to just add a son like that? or would he have to be a younger brother?

When you actually go thru the adopt function in the game, do you get to pick your child, or do they just randomly give you one to adopt?

At some point I'm going to do another game with a family and everything... but for this one - was thinking about going in another direction.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    edited October 2014
    I have yet to adopt so I can't comment on that front, but there are two other methods, but the child won't have any relationship (as in parent/child or sibling) with your Sim. One way is to download a child straight from the Gallery while you're playing. He/she will probably come with an adult, so you'll have to go to Manage Worlds, then Manage Households, find the household you're playing in, edit them in CAS, and delete the adult.

The other method is if you have becomed attached to a specific child in your game. You'll want to go to Manage Households, find the household that has that child, click them, and then click the icon that has two arrows going in different directions. That will allow you to merge and split members of the household. In this way you can find the household you are playing in and move the child there.

I hope this helps and I apologize if it's confusing!

Edited for punctuation
    Post edited by renzilla on
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    When you adopt, you get a window that opens with children of various ages & both genders to choose from.
  • Options
    starchilestarchile Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="SpradaciSproj;12775463"]When you adopt, you get a window that opens with children of various ages & both genders to choose from.[/quote]

Oh goodie! Thanks SpradaciSproj :D I am playing the Landgraabs in Oasis Springs for the 1st time and I want to adopt because Geoffrey wants a Successful Lineage. I didn't know how that worked. Malcolm is such a terror sometimes it hard getting him to have an interest in a love life being so mean.
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions and info on adopting. :)