Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits For a Serial Romantic

I wonder if anyone has found a relevant combination of traits that would most benefit a serial romantic. Of course the romantic trait would be a no brainer. But what two other traits besides romantic might be ideal (if there is an ideal) for serial romantic? I've done my own testing in game and haven't come up with anything that seems meaningful enough.

Also, i'm only interested in the base traits that you acquire in CAS and not the rewards traits. Because you can always get the rewards traits but you can't really change the base traits. At least not without the possibility of damaging your sim.

I know there's always the generic answer, which is, play however you want. Sure, everyone knows that. So, I suppose i'm searching for an analytic answer.

If you've found a fusion of traits that seems to work for a serial romantic, please do share. :)

Comments

• Options
    marioXtremomarioXtremo Posts: 1,773 Member
    Serial romantic? You mean like a serial killer but instead of killing people he loves them? :P

In this game there's not really a combination like in TS3 (Great kisser, for example) now that's a reward... but you have the option to make romantic interactions even if you're not romantic... however, it does affect a little bit, romantic Sims will get the "Flirty" mood more often and get sad/angry when they don't have any romantic interactions...

I think a good combination of traits would be Romantic, Self-Assured and Good, because What's hotter than a person who's not only romantic but also has confidence and is a great person? NOTHING!

Well that's my little advice... hope it works for you! :)
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited September 2014
    You can just pick whatever you want for the other two traits if you already have Serial Romantic (bonus trait: Alluring) and Romantic. There aren't really any other traits that enhance your ability to attract sims in general; there are only traits you could try to have in common with specific sims to improve Friendly relationship faster (by talking about those shared traits) and make the woohoo better (shared traits equate to better chemistry in that department).

I've made two Serial Romantic sims: a female with Creative, Bookworm, and Clumsy, and a male with Romantic, Lazy and Slob. It's really easy for either of them to get whomever they want in bed. It seems slightly easier for the male, perhaps because of his Romantic trait.

And even without Romantic, the female only had trouble flirting once, when a third wheel butted in and made the conversation awkward.
  • Options
    MadarasQueenMadarasQueen Posts: 544 Member
    my geeky sim is a hopeless romantic :P it's his dream to be a serial romancer XD
  • Options
    marioXtremomarioXtremo Posts: 1,773 Member
    Oh! I also forgot to mention when you choose the self-assured trait, you have more chances to get when the self-assured mood (I don't remember how the mood is called, actually, but it's close to that... xD) and you can have new kinds of romantic interactions, like "elegant kisses" (my game is in spanish so IDK what it is called in english...) and other stuff! :)
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    Oh! I also forgot to mention when you choose the self-assured trait, you have more chances to get when the self-assured mood (I don't remember how the mood is called, actually, but it's close to that... xD) and you can have new kinds of romantic interactions, like "elegant kisses" (my game is in spanish so IDK what it is called in english...) and other stuff! :)

Oh, i didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. Also, i appreciate your first post about the traits, romantic, self-assured and good. I went to CAS right away and made a sim with those traits. Going to play him now, thanks again. :)

• Options
    Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    I would think outgoing would be a given. They have an easier time socially with other Sims and well building up to a Romance is being Social. I've picked Cheerful for mine because they are happier and then they can cheer up other Sims that really helps break the ice.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    edited September 2014
    I usually go for romantic, family orientated and a mood trait so cheerful or gloomy

I would bet non committal is a good one too though but I don't like my sims to have that trait case I want them to settle down eventually but if you are sure you won't it's a good one to have
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||