Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Exactly how non-committal is non-committal?

Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
So I had this cute guy sim who got a boyfriend, but I'm not happy with his choice (I say 'his' choice, but really mean I'm slightly controlling his destiny ;) ) of boyfriend.
He's with Don Lothario.
So basically I was trying to see what happens if they got a bit more... committed...
Boyfriend propose passed... probably seemed less surprising. Then Engagement proposal was successful, despite me trying to propose at 50% romantic interest.
I am trying to get Don to refuse him (of course, holding back from mean interaction spamming for a bit until there is no option) and I am wondering if there is a certain degree to which the 'non-committal' trait affects these proposal interactions. I want Don to actually say "no" (story reasons after all).

I feel like I'm going to have to make Don cheat on him with his flatmate.
Alas, that is very hard, because Don has been refusing all romantic interactions... is he or is he not this player he is supposed to be?
Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock

Comments

• Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Don is a whoooooam...
    Trust me. He aint worth it
    He will gun for anything and everything that moves
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    Am I the only person on this forum who thinks Don Lothario is yucky and not attractive a single bit?

Errr...
    Yea, it's true my sims are not picky, all four different maids eventually followed them in bed... Males and females. But still. Would never let them do Don Lothario.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I haven't played the Caliente household yet, only interactions from my Sims have been with Katrina (now enemy of Malcolm Landgraab). It will be interesting to see what I do with him in my game, because I also do not like the way they have redone him and find him yucky. (Wow, I haven't used that word in quite some time. Need moar coffee).
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Caliente OMG, I adore Nina! She comes to my house, breaks everything and goes away like nothing happened.
    The only NPC with proper AI in the game.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I still haven't figured out WHY Don is living with the Calientes; not enough back story! I guess Katrina invited him? Whatever.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I haven't found it very non-committal. My Sim got the Tense moodlet now and then, but several pretty paintings later she was back to feeling happy.
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    > @alexspoom13 said:
    > I haven't found it very non-committal. My Sim got the Tense moodlet now and then, but several pretty paintings later she was back to feeling happy.

Me neither. My Sim married a noncommittal Sim, there were very few unpleasant 'fear of commitment' talks in the beginning, but nothing more since then, not even feeling tense. Second kid is underway and all is fine :)
  • Options
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Am I the only person on this forum who thinks Don Lothario is yucky and not attractive a single bit?

Errr...
    Yea, it's true my sims are not picky, all four different maids eventually followed them in bed... Males and females. But still. Would never let them do Don Lothario.

Yeah. I'm not a big fan either xD
    I haven't found it very non-committal. My Sim got the Tense moodlet now and then, but several pretty paintings later she was back to feeling happy.

I was hoping the trait actually made them harder to do proposals with :open_mouth:
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @JoxerTM22 said:
    > Caliente OMG, I adore Nina! She comes to my house, breaks everything and goes away like nothing happened.
    > The only NPC with proper AI in the game.

I second this. She's a real fun character. I love having her in group conversations, noxious cloud her, then leaving the group.

But as far as Don goes, his sims 4 version really is lacking of something. But Dina is lacking a lot too, pretty much looks like the girl next door.

To OP: You want to do a Cassandra-Don "in front of the altar" breakup like? Cause if not you can always switch control to Don and wait for the whim to break-up.
  • Options
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    > @JoxerTM22 said:<br />
    > Caliente OMG, I adore Nina! She comes to my house, breaks everything and goes away like nothing happened.<br />
    > The only NPC with proper AI in the game.<br />
    <br />
    I second this. She's a real fun character. I love having her in group conversations, noxious cloud her, then leaving the group.<br />
    <br />
    But as far as Don goes, his sims 4 version really is lacking of something. But Dina is lacking a lot too, pretty much looks like the girl next door.<br />
    <br />
    To OP: You want to do a Cassandra-Don "in front of the altar" breakup like? Cause if not you can always switch control to Don and wait for the whim to break-up.

Yeah, Cassandra Style :)
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited September 2014
    In this case, you might want to upset Don a bit and then propose.
    I'd suggest rise your mischief skill to lvl 2 and claim to be a criminal mastermind. He'll be either tense or embarassed, and then, propose. That should do the trick.
    There are oher ways, like making an "Angry painting", and enabling the aura, or a sad painting maybe.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    my cat is being cute and pretty starring at the construction workers outside but sure let's talk about don
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    Don killed my sims mother! True it was my fault but... they don't know that! lol Her husband had recently died of the same fate (death by over exertion) when I caught him strolling by and thought who better to help her get back to her husband? haha Don was kind of sad when she died but I had her son fight with him, he lost unfortunately and Don just kept raiding their fridge since she had asked him to stay the night before she died.
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    my cat is being cute and pretty starring at the construction workers outside but sure let's talk about don

Don make me come down there ;)
    Don killed my sims mother! True it was my fault but... they don't know that! lol Her husband had recently died of the same fate (death by over exertion) when I caught him strolling by and thought who better to help her get back to her husband? haha Don was kind of sad when she died but I had her son fight with him, he lost unfortunately and Don just kept raiding their fridge since she had asked him to stay the night before she died.

o.O
  • Options
    Rellort707Rellort707 Posts: 300 Member
    good to see sims4 players love game; EA congratz