Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mentoring a Child (Solved)

King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
How do you mentor a child? My sim is on the Successful Lineage Aspiration and needs to mentor a child 10 times.
Post edited by King4510411 on

Comments

• Options
    WillyDark0WillyDark0 Posts: 33 Member
    Helping them with homework should count towards the aspiration goal!
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I was finding it difficult. My sim was trying to mentor their children at chess but every time she tried, normal conversation cancelled it out every time and the mentor count didn't go up. Wish I'd known before that helping with homework counted towards the aspiration goal. Does it still work with teenagers, or just children?
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    You need the activity table. Once the child is seated and drawing, click on child and there should be an option to mentor.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I had pretty bad luck with mentoring a child too, the skills my sim had 10 didn't let me mentor at all, like video games even, and yes, my child did have video game skill a that point, and yes, much lower than the sim trying to mentor.
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    I had pretty bad luck with mentoring a child too, the skills my sim had 10 didn't let me mentor at all, like video games even, and yes, my child did have video game skill a that point, and yes, much lower than the sim trying to mentor.

The only way I was able to complete was using the activity table.
  • Options
    I've tried the activity table and I still can't get it to work. Does my mentoring sim need high skill in creativity as well?
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    No. Older sims can't have creativity skill.
    And I don't remember mentoring the kid on the table (that's the thing with health pots creating, right?). I remember mentoring over chessboard and piano when I played a child sim in the house. On drawing pics the option was encourage, not mentoring.

Man, I should really go back add another brat in my house just so these things get cleared up...
  • Options
    nightgoddess34nightgoddess34 Posts: 47 Member
    My sim mentored her son while he was painting, all I did what click mentor 10 times
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Did your sim that mentored him painting have 10 painting?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    SimKeats wrote: »
    Did your sim that mentored him painting have 10 painting?

@SimKeats no she doesn't