Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roof and Trim Cutting Through Walls, Windows

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I don't mind this on the outside, but unlike Sims 3 the clipping wall is actually visible inside the house which looks beyond horrible. I'm finding I have to redo my roofing so the edges don't cut into my rooms.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I don't mind this on the outside, but unlike Sims 3 the clipping wall is actually visible inside the house which looks beyond horrible. I'm finding I have to redo my roofing so the edges don't cut into my rooms.

This is the first time I've seen the clipping on the inside. In fact I made a house some pretty unusual roofing needs and was thrilled at how the roofs didn't clip through to the inside.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    KraslevKraslev Posts: 110 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Except, when you go down a couple of levels to the inside of the house, the roof trim clips the inside.

Visibly? Because I've been looking all around inside and I don't see it on mine.

There sure are bugs if you rotate and things change :)

(P.S. Good night, I gotta work in a few hours.)

Well, that "fixes" the clipping problem, but it doesn't follow my original design, which is a little frustrating. I guess I'll have to just come up with some other design for the house so long as I want to keep it on that lot. :(
    Thanks for all your help though. I guess this is just a bug I'll have to deal with until it's patched (if it's patched). Maybe I could get a SimGuru to notice? @simgurugrant @simguruhouts @simgurujohn

Doubt those are the right people, but maybe we could get someone from the proper department to notice this bug.
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    I have no idea if this is relevant, but I read somewhere that you need to ensure the rooms in the house under the roof are complete rooms and not use the wall drag tool. So plop down a square room and drag and pull. The game then sees that as a room and the roof does not show inside.

But I just woke up and I have no idea if you tried that. Just thought I would throw that out there.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I have no idea if this is relevant, but I read somewhere that you need to ensure the rooms in the house under the roof are complete rooms and not use the wall drag tool. So plop down a square room and drag and pull. The game then sees that as a room and the roof does not show inside.

But I just woke up and I have no idea if you tried that. Just thought I would throw that out there.
    That's an interesting point and might be why my house with complex roofing didn't show interior clipping.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options

Yup. That's listed in the things I've tried in the first post. :)
  • Options
    EsotericRogueEsotericRogue Posts: 153 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Kraslev Thanks for the exercise, I had fun :) For game like this, I "play better" with a distinct goal, haha.
    tumblr_m63nqrB4u71qbkq4po1_r1_250.gif

Streaming at http://www.hitbox.tv/eRogue (Twitch sucks now.)
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Kraslev, another great place to ask about this would be in the Sims 4 Lots forum. Lots of very experienced builders there, and at least a few SimGurus who follow them. I'll be interested if you ever get an answer on this. It reminds me very much of a bug I found in TS3 that would also occur when a lot was oriented to certain points of the compass but not others. It was not related to roofing though.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Kraslev, another great place to ask about this would be in the Sims 4 Lots forum. Lots of very experienced builders there, and at least a few SimGurus who follow them. I'll be interested if you ever get an answer on this. It reminds me very much of a bug I found in TS3 that would also occur when a lot was oriented to certain points of the compass but not others. It was not related to roofing though.

You know what's funny? I was the first one to post a tutorial on infinity pools and indoor-outdoor pools back in 2009 with TS3 vanilla. It's still up, but all the pictures are gone for some reason. Then, as soon as WA came out, the Japanese are had indoor-outdoor pools that exactly followed my design. Either the lot designers used my tutorial or we think very much alike. haha
  • Options
    Kalizma92Kalizma92 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2015
    > @SlyStarDust said:
    > I have no idea if this is relevant, but I read somewhere that you need to ensure the rooms in the house under the roof are complete rooms and not use the wall drag tool. So plop down a square room and drag and pull. The game then sees that as a room and the roof does not show inside.
    >
    > But I just woke up and I have no idea if you tried that. Just thought I would throw that out there.

^^^This fixes it. You need to make sure build mode recognizes each of your rooms as rooms and that you don't have any "ghost rooms".
    I made a (not-so-good) video on how I fixed it. I had renovated the second story and moved a room. Every time I place the new roof it would poke through the walls into my home.
    Can't post links yet so bear with me...
    Search Youtube for Sims 4 roofing Glitch (Roof goes through walls/into rooms)