Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Social Event Guide - How to earn a Gold Medal at parties

Hi everyone!

I wrote a guide about the different social events in The Sims 4. It's almost complete but maybe you can help me out with some missing tips and rewards.

Social Events – Throwing a Party

plan-wedding.jpg

Missing
  • House Party - Rewards
  • House Party - Hints and tips to earn a gold Medal
  • Birthday Party - Additional goals
  • Birthday Party - Rewards
  • Birthday Party - Hints and tips to earn a gold Medal

You can also comment on what you think of the guide of course!
signature-the-sims-4-3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited September 2014
    Nice guide. I had the same problem with the caterer so the highest reward I have earned is silver.

I do have some additional party types in my game - probably because of the edition I bought. The only one I can think of at the moment is the "black and white" party. All the guests dress formally in those colors and it's a nice soiree.

Also, I think the bronze prize is usually a book.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    edited September 2014
    If you have one or more sims in the culinary career, parties are a snap and work well with the Master Chef aspiration which requires 5 gourmet meals be cooked at one event for level four and silver at a dinner party for level two.

My mother and daughter were both in the culinary track, so they took turns cooking and tending bar to each get their dinner party done. Mom catered the daughter's wedding and served two tiered cakes, two shrimp cocktails and a rack of lamb to satisfy her 5 gourmet dishes. Then the daughter catered for someone else's birthday and did the same. I had the father and son be the hosts while the ladies cooked and tended bar.

Was a bit disappointed in the gold rewards - they got several ol of the premium coffee pots, which you get from the culinary track anyway!
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I got Gold on a costume party the other night and got a really neat llama pegasus ice sculpture!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    DonsvlinderDonsvlinder Posts: 312 Member
    I got Gold on a costume party the other night and got a really neat llama pegasus ice sculpture!
    Do you have a screenshot of the ice sculpture? :)
    signature-the-sims-4-3.jpg
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Donsvindler I've already said in that other thread, thanks for the nice guide.

Feel free to add to it those hints on know-how goldearning party monsta' I've put here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12732172/#Comment_12732172

If you want. If not... Well... ;)

Also if you need some details about specific party type (except the two deluxe parties, as I have limited edition), feel free to ask.