Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we fix Auto-Save please?

If that feature is working as intended it seriously needs to be taken back to the drawing board and reworked.
Common sense would've told you Auto-Save should be saving after an x amount of time has passed, whether it's not doing that because of a bug or because it was designed that way I don't know, what I do know is that it's no good the way it is.

Do something about Auto-Save! Why is it there?! It's next to useless at the moment!

Comments

• Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    If that feature is working as intended it seriously needs to be taken back to the drawing board and reworked.
    Common sense would've told you Auto-Save should be saving after an x amount of time has passed, whether it's not doing that because of a bug or because it was designed that way I don't know, what I do know is that it's no good the way it is.

Do something about Auto-Save! Why is it there?! It's next to useless at the moment!

I wish I could turn it off
  • Options
    Pandia101Pandia101 Posts: 175 Member
    I haven't seen it work, yet. :\
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    It has been working correctly for me, but I'd like to have the ability to specify the time frame for auto-saves. Right now I feel it is auto-saving too frequently (the game has a very slight stutter-pause when it auto-saves).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited September 2014
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    It has been working correctly for me, but I'd like to have the ability to specify the time frame for auto-saves. Right now I feel it is auto-saving too frequently (the game has a very slight stutter-pause when it auto-saves).
    Apparently it only auto saves when travelling to a new lot or editing in CAS , ect,
    Does not save periodically.
    But i do wish they had not included it.. been allot of trouble for some people.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Apparently it only auto saves when travelling to a new lot or editing in CAS , ect,

...That is not how it is working for me. It saves periodically..period. No need to travel, use CAS or anything else. And the period between auto-saves is far shorter than I would prefer.
  • Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    It doesn't auto-save for me at all :/ I wish it did ;_;
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    I don't even know what that is. I just save the game like I did in TS3.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

...That is not how it is working for me. It saves periodically..period. No need to travel, use CAS or anything else. And the period between auto-saves is far shorter than I would prefer.

Except that it's not auto-saving... at all! Even when it stutters there is no saving! My game just crashed (huge shock) after an hour play through and I lost all progress despite Auto-Save being turned on. It's flat out not working, period.
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    my doesn't crash, it like to freeze my game every 5 mins or so for at lease 10 to 25 sec.. and does it in cast
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I haven't had a problem with the autosave yet, but I just started using the advice others have given about saving so I hopefully don't run into the issues others seem to be having. Better to be safe then sorry, I think.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    @Logistics, I understand it is not working for some people...but it is working for me. Whenever I use the "load game" button on starting there is an auto-save there that is usually only a few minutes different from the "save as" that I did before exiting the game. Sometimes it is even right after.

I get it, the feature is not working for everyone based on what people are saying. But don't presume that it works for no-one. That would be incorrect.

It is working for me, and I was just indicating that even with it working, I feel it is not working the way I'd like it to because it is doing the autosave TOO often.
  • Options
    PiinkbunniePiinkbunnie Posts: 148 Member
    I haven´t put any trust in the "Auto save". Got used to not having one in TS3.

So I do "save as", usually 3 save files I rotate for 1 game. Then I mix it up with save, whenever I remember. So far I haven´t lost anything. But from what I have read on the forum, I will stick to my "save paranoia system" LoL :)
  • Options
    marthakixmarthakix Posts: 188 Member
    Ye, you must use save as. I got a sim deleted from my neighborhood using auto save.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    To make matters worse, it looks like auto saves are corrupting pretty often and causing crashes.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Autosave is either poorly designed or is bugged.
    Since we can't possibly know when the patch will be released, before exiting the game, make sure you use "save as" option.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2014
    Acknowledgement of issue with Autosave is in this thread from SimGuruHayes.
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12683254/#Comment_12683254

Crinrict has move The Sims 4 Bug Report over to it's own forum at Answer HQ.
    answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFO-Lost-save-games-PLEASE-READ-FIRST-POST/m-p/3452781#U3452781
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    derflocderfloc Posts: 66 Member
    @Stormkeep you are wrong, it doesn't save while playing, even the gurus confirmed that it isn't working that way. It only saves when traveling and on exit.
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    It doesn't work for me... I had to restart my family about 3 times because I thought auto-save was working, but apparently it wasn't. Not even the "save" button worked. I had to start using "save as" instead, because it's the only thing that ACTUALLY saved my game.
    original.gif
  • Options
    marthakixmarthakix Posts: 188 Member
    Yup. It's broken! Save as to the recue!