Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods in The Sims 4

Ever since I started playing The Sims 2 8-9 years ago I have downloaded clothes and hair and makeup from The Sims Exchange. I understand that in TS4, we have the gallery instead. But how do i download clothes and stuff like that into the game? I saved a couple of people to my gallery, but they are all naked now? I just don't get it. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    At modthesims they have instructions on where to put downloads. As I recall, lots and Sims go in different places.
  • Options
    TruffleMuffinzzTruffleMuffinzz Posts: 9 New Member
    You might have to dress the sims yourself, but if you can find the clothes that the particular sims is wearing that you downloaded from the gallery then you might be able to fix the naked issue.

There aren't many mods out there yet, but there are a couple on modthesims.
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    Check out mysims4blog.blogspot and you can see all the things that are for downloading. Then you download the package file from the web site. Sometimes it is zipped, so you have to upzip it. Place the package files into the mod folder in the sims 4 directory. It is really easy.

Mods/hacks are a bit different and they usually tell you how to install them. Modthesims is a good mod starting ground. Just read the comments to make sure it is acting properly. Also never forget each patch can break the mod/cc. So be ready to have to remove it and redownload updates.

And ALWAYS back up your save games if you are trying new mods.

I personally LIKE that the gallery purges the custom content. I dislike hidden and attached CC that was improperly created.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I did not get it at first. so she downloaded a sim that had CC or mod and it did not download the CC, ok, that I like. I would just delete the sim and not want her in my game at all..
  • Options
    DarthMittenzzDarthMittenzz Posts: 279 Member
    edited September 2014
    Mods are elstupido
    -- Darthmittenzz has spoken