Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 and 4!!

Hey, i asked a question a while ago asking sims 3 or 4? (check it out on my profile thing!) and sims 4 is amazing I got sims 3 and 4 for my bday and i love them both! i prefer sims 3 because of the lots and people but sims 4 is amazing i log your ideas and met feedback is amazing! sims 4 is really good because you can chose the walk style for your sim and there is a lot of ups and downs of sims 4! but sims 3 is the best!!! i don't know why i just find it mores fun! thanks, Lotte :p

Comments

• Options
    Lotte2003Lotte2003 Posts: 108 Member
    i meant i love it not log loll
  • Options
    plz tell me what you think
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I like Sims 3 and Sims 4 in different ways. I do not prefer one over the other. Sims 3 has more content in my game, more looks for Sims, more worlds, bigger worlds, open worlds, and features like toddlers and pools and cars/bikes, but way longer start-up loading time (which alone often keeps me from playing it as often as I would like). Sims 4 has emotional actions and interactions, and improvements to build mode.

But it is hardly fair to compare a full game with expansion packs to a base game so if I just compare base games, Sims 3 still takes longer to start up, doesn't include a blueprint mode, but has Create a Style/color wheel and pools available, has an open world, still has limited venues to visit, (restaurant is a rabbithole, as is the bookstore), doesn't include prebuilt museum until World Adventures, has more parks to visit in Sunset Valley, only includes one world shipped with base game (Riverview available for base game upon registration online), and includes baby, toddler, teen, young adult, adult and elder life stages with base game.

Sims 4 base game loads up in a flash without causing issues with my graphics card (I had to update my video card drivers because it was doing weird things with lighting when playing Sims 3 base game). There are about the same number of hair styles, but really more in Sims 4 because you can have hairstyles with and without a hat instead of having to pick a hat hairstyle or a hatless hairstyle. Sims 4 has emotional actions and interactions and walk styles for Sims. It is easier to play rotationally in the Sims 4 because of lack of story progression, and because whims are much easier to fulfill than Sims 3 wishes (whims/wishes disappear when changing households) you can switch households without losing your progress on gaining reward points for the most part. It is also easier to find the first household you played in Sims 4 because of smaller worlds, so you don't have to look through 25-30 occupied houses to find your household, plus played households are highlighted in Sims 4. Rotational play is one thing I really missed going from Sims 2 to Sims 3, and am happy that it is supported so much better in Sims 4. Advanced build mode tools are available in game for things such as resizing rooms, moving rooms or whole houses, and putting down predesigned rooms. I have high hopes for expansions that will come for this game adding new features, or adding back features from previous games such as pools and toddlers (it does seem strange to have aging but not toddlers since they arrived in the Sims series around the same time).

TLDR; If I have a short time in which to play my game, I play Sims 4. If I have more time available in which to play my game (like all day), I play Sims 3.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    yeh ur right
  • Options
    thnx
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    .. you know you could have just "Bumped" your old thread, you didn't have to start a completely new one does the exact same thing
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited September 2014
    Even though the Sims 3 would crash sometimes, I still think that it was a great game. i'm unsure about the Sims 4 now due to the restriction of lots. :D
    However, I had the Sims 3 on Ps3 and it had a restriction of lots and I found it great despite. :D
  • Options
    ok
  • Options
    > @Kuypers125 said:
    > .. you know you could have just "Bumped" your old thread, you didn't have to start a completely new one does the exact same thing

whateves :p