Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trouble with moving into dorms!----------DONE (CLOSED)

daniellen18daniellen18 Posts: 117 Member
I just got university and enrolled my sims and sent them to the university. When I moved them into a dorm it added all the other people that already lived there to my active family. But I Can't control them. How do I get rid of them??
Post edited by daniellen18 on

Comments

• Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    That's how it's supposed to work, they are your housemates and will live in the dorm with you while you are there.
  • Options
    daniellen18daniellen18 Posts: 117 Member
    > @sirguylittle said:
    > That's how it's supposed to work, they are your housemates and will live in the dorm with you while you are there.

I ment they r like one of the squares of people that you control. My friend also has the game and it is not like that for her. :#
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    As @sirguylittle said, this is expected behavior. The Uni EP added the concept of roommates to the game. These are sims who live in your house and appear on the portrait panel on the left as if they were part of your household, but they are not controllable. When a sim moves into a Uni dorm, they automatically get seven such roommates for the semester.

If you don't want roommates at all, or only want one or two, a better choice would be to rent a house in Uni World next term.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    @igazor, except they shouldn't be added to the portrait panel!

Here is my sim, newly arrived at Uni, as you can see he has all his roommates in the relationship panel, but not their portraits.
    The_Sims_3_University_Arrival.png

This one has me stumped and I'm not sure how it could be fixed. I thought I might be able to force it using Master Controller but, as they are already roommates, I could see no way of adding them to the portrait panel, so that I could try and remove them. I don't know how it will affect the game with them being there, perhaps it won't make a difference, but maybe they will all end up as part of @daniellen18's sims' household when she returns home?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @sirguylittle - Well, that just proves that I really need to play this game without mods once in a while to remember what the default EA behavior is. I'm still kind of speechless at seeing that -- so the game really doesn't add uncontrollable roommates to the panel on the left? :)

The NRaas PortraitPanel mod puts all roommates in the portrait panel on the left by default. You can switch that off in its options, arrange them in a different order, etc., but they are still uncontrollable. And my sims have never come home from Uni with seven new housemates, although I would do my best to find them jobs and housing elsewhere back home if that really happened.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net