Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Chance Cards: How do YOU answer them?

I'm really loving the revamped chance cards in TS4. They're not 90% life-and-death, promotion-or-demotion sorts of things like TS2, and the writing is witty and clever (at least in my opinion). Whenever one pops up for me, I always answer them in-character. I just think, "What would (insert sim's name here) do?" and answer accordingly.

A really funny instance of this was when my secret agent sim got the chance card about budget cuts to his department. The choices were a) slack off like everyone else or b) go after the bad guy anyway. Since he's hot-headed and ambitious, I had him continue on with his case. The result? He caught the guy, but there was no one to process him! LOL! He got a small performance boost, but was also embarrassed for much of the rest of the day. XD

So, how do you like answering chance cards? Are you enjoying them? And do you have a favorite chance card story?
There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
5MNZlGQ.gif
When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.

Comments

• Options
    MonkeeGoddessMonkeeGoddess Posts: 315 Member
    I like the new chance cards. They're actually pretty fun. I like the one in the writer career track. My sim got one that said that fans were angry at her killing off a popular character and were starting an online protest. One of the options was to ignore or cave in. I made her ignore it and she got a performance boost.
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    A maniac's new love song.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,
    Cause I have lost my way.

• Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    I like the ones you get exploring space. I try and follow how my sim would react.
  • Options
    sinero1312324sinero1312324 Posts: 46 Member
    Lol. I tend to answer the chance cards from my POV, but I do enjoy them most of the time. It gets dicey when I get a chance card on the day my sim is for sure going to get a promotion & the next day is his or her off day :/ I think the most memorable chance card story is from the Tech Guru career and a smelly sim comes in to work, so you're faced with the dilemma of spraying your work area or causing a scene so the sim can take care of himself lol.
  • Options
    Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    I hate when they pop up. I never really liked them. LOL! I just kind of quickly read them and pick a choice because I always assume I'll pick the "negative" choice somehow. Maybe I will try answering them like my Sim would instead of how I would and see what that does. :smile:
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    They are better.
    But PLEASE. Sometimes I want to get rid of 'em.
    Why?
    Just because I often leave the game "play" alone, except that this kind of "pop-up" prevent the game to "play" quietly. It's unfair.
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    I keep getting the same cards.

Twice my writer went to visit a sick child who wanted to know about her upcoming book. The first time I chose to tell her & she was overjoyed, so when I got the same card again I did the same thing & this time the little brat leaked everything online! Lol

And her child sim got pestered during a visit by the principal. Both times I had him ignore the pesterer. The first time the bad kid got caught, the 2nd time they didn't & her kid came home upset.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yes, I also try to follow how my sims would react since there's not really a big loss (like a demotion) if I pick the wrong one.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    If I answer them incorrectly, I log out without saving, then log back in. >:)
  • Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    I just go with my gut. I really love that the "right" answer one time may not always be the "right" answer other times. It keeps things interesting!
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    CuddlyKritterCuddlyKritter Posts: 66 Member
    I always enjoy the chance cards. Adds a little bit of excitement. I usually go for the choice I would personally do. If I ever play an insane or evil Sim though, I may take that into consideration.
  • Options
    Pandia101Pandia101 Posts: 175 Member
    I like the chance cards, but I find most are just recycled? I get about the same chance card everytime. However, for my daughter during school it's always something new. I don't want to spoil any because it's fun to get them and read them for the first time.
  • Options
    ElysianBlightElysianBlight Posts: 82 Member
    So far in my game, they don't seem to be *chance* cards at all.
    The same answers give me the same results every time.
  • Options
    RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    I love the chance cards. I tend to answer them how I think that Sim would answer. One of my Evil Sims who's in the criminal career got a chance card about running out of a burning building but there was a kitten trapped in there, should he save it? Naturally, I picked no. The kitten went crazy or something though and jumped up and scratched him and he lost performance lol #karma
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • Options
    jafo88fanjafo88fan Posts: 577 Member
    I pretty much answer them in character but I think some of them (like the doorway to the hidden lots) only have one right answer for each choice.
  • Options
    Lol Rubee, you gottah love karma. I would like to see more scenarios as the game progresses to avoid the situations where you get the same one a lot. But I'm a fan of them, liked them in the Sims 2 even if it did get my Superhero fired (How can you fire a superhero?).
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    Usually I just answer them at random and skim over the message to see what outcome I got. I'm already bored to tears of them, which is probably because I always seem to get the exact same ones over and over (if I get that stupid "there's a kid throwing something at your head, what to do???" chance one more time I'm modding in the option to stab the perpetrator.)
    44444.gif
  • Options
    I feel like I rarely get chance cards so I haven't had duplicates yet. I'm actually kind of jealous of you Melanie. I want my kid to have things thrown at his head....
  • Options
    KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    I've always enjoyed chance cards, but it doesn't feel like there's enough variation to them right now. I'm continually getting the same few.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    The ones you get when you launch your home grown rocket are funny. There was one that spoofed Yoda but my favorite is the tiny alien colony living on top of the nasty toilet. Somebody has a pretty good sense of humor and imagination over there writing these things.
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    No matter what my answer is I always get a performance loss. :#
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    berng00berng00 Posts: 122 Member
    So far I've chosen well. I'm very glad to see these chance cards back! I do wish I could opt out of some tho'.
  • Options
    berng00berng00 Posts: 122 Member
    They are better.
    But PLEASE. Sometimes I want to get rid of 'em.
    Why?
    Just because I often leave the game "play" alone, except that this kind of "pop-up" prevent the game to "play" quietly. It's unfair.

Just wanted to say... your sim pic is hot!

• Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I go with my gut feeling, 9 out of 10 times it works out for me.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    WitchelfWitchelf Posts: 15 Member
    I answer them based on the Sim's emotions and think what would I do in their situation :)
  • Options
    wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    I love love love the chance cards! I love the way they did them in TS4.

And yes!! I answer mine in character too lol :p I do wonder if the results are random or if there's a "correct" answer though... I haven't gotten 2 of the same card yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top