Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unneeded Locked Topics?

As we all know, the forums are indeed very small when it comes to post amount per page, right?
So, does anyone else feel that... they should delete Responsible Modding, CC Sites, and Reporting Threads posts?

Because it would create more room.
Anyone else agree?

Comments

• Options
    MinouChanMinouChan Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't understand the purpose of the CC Site thread.
    They tell you to "come post here" but then they lock it.
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The responsible modding thread isn't even a day old :roll:
  • Options
    KelseyMeshellKelseyMeshell Posts: 752 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    As we all know, the forums are indeed very small when it comes to post amount per page, right?
    So, does anyone else feel that... they should delete Responsible Modding, CC Sites, and Reporting Threads posts?

Anyone else agree?

No, as long as they don't affect the games raiting I don't think they should be deleted. I wouldn't even know about mods if it wasn't for the forums and my game is better because of them.
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Tenshi3 wrote:
    The responsible modding thread isn't even a day old :roll:

Yeah, but look how many user made threads are shown on the first page now... Only 8.
    TS2 BBS showed 50 per page... I don't know why that isn't do able here.

Also, the Responsible Modding thread, IMO, is kinda useless. I think that everyone who downloads a mod already knows what to do with them. Sounds like it should be a disclaimer on the mod download post, not here.
  • Options
    GoddessNoireGoddessNoire Posts: 769 New Member
    edited July 2009
    lawer wants the heavy hand of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 guru on him. I totally agree with you and don't know how many times I complained about the thread having 6 locked posts. Espeically when that spore crap was going on. I'm glad they locked the thread on cc, but they were a little bit late on that. Most of us know where to get the cc. It annoys me because guess what now when i post something it's on the fifth page in 10 seconds, seriously. They should have a seperate discussion for rules and how tos.....
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Lawertend wrote:

Anyone else agree?

No, as long as they don't affect the games raiting I don't think they should be deleted. I wouldn't even know about mods if it wasn't for the forums and my game is better because of them.

No, I meant like... they should delete those posts to give some more room on the forum for threads.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I agree that it's possible more threads could appear per page, but I don't see it as being an issue.

I look at the recent topics page to find new stuff, I only look at actual boards to find old stuff.
  • Options
    aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree, They take up too much room.
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Tenshi3 wrote:
    I agree that it's possible more threads could appear per page, but I don't see it as being an issue.

I look at the recent topics page to find new stuff, I only look at actual boards to find old stuff.

I would find it a major issue, because I never use the other parts of the forum.
    Most of the "popular" threads on the Community page link to the Creative Corner, at least every time I go there they do.
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited July 2009
    Normally, I would agree with you about the responsible modding thread being useless, but after answering questions over and over trying to explain why EA isn't responsible for making a patch to work WITH 3rd party mods, I'm thankful it's there.

They should leave it up for maybe 2 weeks but then get rid of it. May save some people the headache of trying to explain it themselves to people who are unfamiliar with this aspect of the world of gaming.

I would love to see more threads per page though, absolutely!
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Normally, I would agree with you about the responsible modding thread being useless, but after answering questions over and over trying to explain why EA isn't responsible for making a patch to work WITH 3rd party mods, I'm thankful it's there.

Unfortunately the people that are consistently going to ask these questions are incredibly unlikely to bother looking for stickied posts anyway. No helping some people...
  • Options
    GoddessNoireGoddessNoire Posts: 769 New Member
    edited July 2009
    responsible modding? like responsible drinking?? What is this an afterschool special? In any case, another problem is that the search feature is useless so of course we get multiple threads of people asking the same question because they can't search for it properly.
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited July 2009
    Tenshi3 wrote:

Unfortunately the people that are consistently going to ask these questions are incredibly unlikely to bother looking for stickied posts anyway. No helping some people...

Very true. Frustrating at times, but very true. At least I can refer them that way than having to type it out over and over myself, though, lol.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Very true. Frustrating at times, but very true. At least I can refer them that way than having to type it out over and over myself, though, lol.

My responses start of vaguely helpful, then get progressively more terse to the point of rudeness :roll:

There are so many times you can explain the same thing over and over...
  • Options
    mikkimouse1978mikkimouse1978 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited July 2009
    One or two locked threads is fine, but when 1/2 of the first page is stickies or locked threads, that's way too many.

Keep it down to the basics.

News amd Rules... The majority of the locked topics can fit into any of these two topics.