Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open world or no rabbit holes

I was wondering what you guys would prefer:

Open world with rabbit holes

OR

No open world but no rabbit holes when you go out to eat etc

Not saying this is going to be a thing this is just for my own curiosity! I personally like the no open world with or without rabbit holes so if they added like restaurants you can really visit then I'd be very pleased.
Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.

Comments

• Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    I prefer no rabbit holes because I'd rather be able to go inside venues instead of disappearing into them. Hopefully, that's the direction EA is going with this.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    No rabbit holes. I hated those things so, so much. They did nothing but clutter space and create dead time. I want to follow my sims into theatres and restaurants, please.
  • Options
    reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    I like no open world but no rabbit holes. I never liked the rabbit holes in sims 3 I think if your going to have an open world then things like bookstores and restaurants should be open as well. So if I have to choose I would rather not have an open world but open venues.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    In the sims: not open world, from my experiences in TS3. Before Late Night, however community lots were fine. Idk what went wrong later (maybe that was all patched up).

If they can somehow make it work effectively, I'd be more for open world in The Sims. I wouldn't say no to open world in other games which would rely on it (Skyrim for instance).
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

NO RABBIT HOLES

I want to design the stores myself. The Sims 3 had store "Venue's" but they were glitchy. No one ever came to the restaurant, and the Bakery required a Mod just to work.
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    Yes, I do not want to see any rabbit holes. I like the more closed off neighborhoods, and I'm really hopeful that they will bring back the working businesses like restaurants and such like they had in TS2.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    This is 2014. We should be able to have open world AND no rabbit holes in games. I know that wasn't one of your choices, but it's how I feel.
  • Options
    JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    No open world no rabbit holes
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    This is 2014. We should be able to have open world AND no rabbit holes in games. I know that wasn't one of your choices, but it's how I feel.
    I understand I only asked those two options because I wanted to see what the community would rather sacrifice if it came down to it.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    Open world and open all ''rabbit holes''. Maybe Sims 5 is the game where we'll finally be able to control our Sims at school, work or go shopping... Walking off-screen to nowhere is so 2004.
  • Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    Open world with rabbit holes!

I really have big problems in Sims 4 without the open world, I just never leave my lot and that makes the game kind of boring.
    Rabbit wholes in Sims 3 gave me the feeling of a full world. And they were more than just places to work too!

I loved the Cinema, bars and Hospital. Missing them badly.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    I don't bother with rabbit holes in TS3 before. I think the buildings are pretty :).

Furthermore, I like "Ambition" career/profession. I like being a fire fighter, a ghost hunter and a detective. I think I tried almost all career and profession in TS3. So my sims don't need to go the career rabbit holes.

With the PC (Premium Content) item, I can create my own Cinema. I can create a hang out with bar and club. My sims have farming land and bakery store. Therefore I don't even bother with rabbit holes in TS3.

My sims can sail on the boat on the open ocean from one island to another and dive.

I can go on and on and on about how I enjoy the open world in TS3.

Oh..have you seen how beautiful the open world with each season, during the winter, autumn, spring, and summer ? It's so amazing.

So it's an open world with rabbit holes for me, any time. :mrgreen: .

• Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Why is it so hard to have an open world with rabbit holes AND places for your Sim to hang out?
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

^^^^^

it's how i pictured sims 4 when it was first announced not a game where your stuck in a hamster cage with loading screens everywhere

here's to hoping the sims 5 innovates and builds a open world with no rabbit holes (everyone should have a good computer by then to do it)
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Ideally? I'd love an open world WITH no rabbit holes but if I had to pick and choose, I think having the various locations fleshed out might supersede an open world for me. But that's with the caveat that there's not an absurd amount of load-screens/delay behind that system too.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~