Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods/CC in Sims 4

I'm tempted to download some mods and cc, but I'm a bit iffy. I had problems with it in Sims 3, and I don't want to mess up Sims 4. I would love to hear some of your guys experiences so far.

Comments

• Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    I'm tempted to download some mods and cc, but I'm a bit iffy. I had problems with it in Sims 3, and I don't want to mess up Sims 4. I would love to hear some of your guys experiences so far.

When you post in the mods section, you get the opnions primarily of modders, who are naturally pro-mod ;)

As a downloader, there's no getting around it... you have to know what you're downloading, who made it, and where to go for updates when a patch or EP breaks it. Up to you to figure out where the reliable mod sites and modders are, and what kinds of mods are most likely to be safe. People who just throw files willy-nilly into their mods folder without keeping track of what it is or what the source is are the ones who get into trouble.

But finding high quality CC and gameplay mods from reputable creators isn't exactly rocket science either, and wouldn't it be a shame to pass up all that free content? ;)
  • Options
    Madiza86Madiza86 Posts: 158 Member

The only times I've had problems with mods are my own fault for not making sure they were either updated to new patch/EP or removed until they were.
    I like MTS a lot. But I still read the comments section before downloading. I've always used some kind of mods.
  • Options
    Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    I have generally listened to what people had to say on this site about different mod-sites and modders. Mostly downloaded what people from this site have created, and have had no problems so far :)
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120