Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you add mods into the game?

I know it sounds like a silly question, but when I added the packs into my game that should have worked, they didn't show up. So maybe I did it wrong. Anyone know exactly how to put mods into the game and could give me a general idea of how to do it? I haven't been able to find a page that gives instructions. Please and thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Madiza86Madiza86 Posts: 158 Member
    Depends of the file; a .package goes straight in the mods folder, but if it ends with a .py or .pyo then it belongs in a zip file and then placed in mods folder. And remember to turn on the game option that allows scripted mods (which is zipped mods).

What items do you have trouble with?
  • Options
    JennyggJennygg Posts: 1,574 Member
    Is there supposed to be a package folder inside the mods folder?
    hC6F85532
  • Options
    Jennygg wrote: »
    Is there supposed to be a package folder inside the mods folder?

No, but if you want you can sub categorize within the mods folder.
    The first time you open the mods folder all you can see is a "resource" file. Leave that where it is.
    I made a couple folders inside the mods folder so that I know what's what. Like I have one for my eyes, unlocked items and a div folder - That's perfectly fine, but a package folder like ts3 is not necessary.
  • Options
    XXSKEXxPXXSKEXxP Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I had a hard time when I first downloaded a mod, If you still need help here's some tips :)

Allow mods in your Sims 4 game options.
    Download the mod file you want.
    Put it into the documents-electronic arts - The Sims 4 - mods folder.

You may need to extract it, which is what I needed to do. I had to install WinRAR (windows) then I could right click the mod file and extract it.
    After that it should work.

I got my instructions from the website - modthesims.
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2014
    How about removing a scripted mod? Just drag it out?
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    How about removing a scripted mod? Just drag it out?

Aye just take the zip out of the folder.
  • Options
    @Madiza86 thanks!!
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Meela_Pasht
    The same can't always be said for items used in game. There was one that had troubles with eyes after updating the current eye package and it messed the sims up that had eye colors of the former version. I think that would be a more delicate procedure to remove such items.

ETA I haven't read about other items causing problems, but maybe make sure the sims aren't wearing what one is removing might be a nice idea.
  • Options
    I found out that when you update your graphics card, your game will re-set back to the default settings as it did with Sims 3. So you will have to go back in and change your options to the way you play your game. It's probably best if you have them written on a piece of paper so that you won't forget. In my case, it wasn't reading the mod because the script mod thingy had been re-set. :o