Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone achieve this Unlockable Reward yet?

I came across this Flying Llama statue in the buy catalog under Sculptures-unlockables. It states you need to get a silver or gold level during a "costume party." Does anyone know which of the event parties qualifies as a "costume" party? As far as I know, there is only House - Birthday - Dinner - Wedding.

FlyingLlama_zps0d1530e4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    You need the party expansion pack that came with the more expensive versions of the game.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited September 2014
    I unlocked that with the Masquerade Party that came with the Deluxe version of the game. But I'm not sure why that reward is even in your game, if you don't have the Deluxe version...? Maybe you can unlock that some other way, but I'm not sure how..
  • Options
    That'll be interesting (and evil) if they add new unlockables to everyone's game each time an expansion pack comes, regardless of whether they have the pack they need to accomplish it. That may be a way to try to entice people to go out and buy the extra content.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I have the Premium Edition. Was is something only available through Origin? I ordered my game from Amazon.

Here's a better picture. This is the pop-up I get when I hover over it. (Of course I can't select it, because it's an unlockable.)

FlyingLlama2_zps1d350325.jpg
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    That'll be interesting (and evil) if they add new unlockables to everyone's game each time an expansion pack comes, regardless of whether they have the pack they need to accomplish it. That may be a way to try to entice people to go out and buy the extra content.
    That would be kinda...well, plummy of them, to be honest.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    edited September 2014

True! Well if so, it may be good they included it...you can always use the "unlock all" mod, then you'd have it regardless lol.

• Options
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    I have the Premium Edition. Was is something only available through Origin? I ordered my game from Amazon.

Here's a better picture. This is the pop-up I get when I hover over it. (Of course I can't select it, because it's an unlockable.)

FlyingLlama2_zps1d350325.jpg

I have the premium edition too... wait, I'll go pop into my game and check for you.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Hold the phone... they actually added unlockable content to games that don't even have the feature needed to unlock it? That is messed up. If you get that mod that auto unlocks all the locked content are you able to use it even though you don't have the right version of the game?
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    If that statue can only be opened by having a great costume party that came with the premium edition, it's something that developers forgot to take out i think
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Hold the phone... they actually added unlockable content to games that don't even have the feature needed to unlock it? That is messed up. If you get that mod that auto unlocks all the locked content are you able to use it even though you don't have the right version of the game?

Everything shown in your catalog as locked is unlocked with the mod, so it should work.
  • Options

True! Well it may be good they included it...you can always use the "unlock all" mod, then you'll have it regardless lol.

I thought the mod only unlocked career rewards? Does it unlock all the aspiration, party and date rewards, too?
  • Options
    OK, so use the phone to "plan a social event". If you have the extra content you should have the option of choosing the "black and white party", or the "incognito costume party". I have the option there, and I have the physical copy of the premium edition. If you have the premium edition and the choice isn't there, then something is wrong. You should also have party costumes (like the hotdog) available in CAS.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

True! Well it may be good they included it...you can always use the "unlock all" mod, then you'll have it regardless lol.

I thought the mod only unlocked career rewards? Does it unlock all the aspiration, party and date rewards, too?

Yes, it unlocks everything with a lock icon.

• Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

Yes, it unlocks everything with a lock icon.

That's cool. I haven't looked into yet because I'm still enjoying unlocking stuff. :)
  • Options
    Alysha1988 wrote: »

Not necessarily, apparently. The OP does have the premium edition, so should have access to the extra parties. Could someone with the basic version of the game check to see if this unlockable is available to them?
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    OK, so use the phone to "plan a social event". If you have the extra content you should have the option of choosing the "black and white party", or the "incognito costume party". I have the option there, and I have the physical copy of the premium edition. If you have the premium edition and the choice isn't there, then something is wrong. You should also have party costumes (like the hotdog) available in CAS.

Okay! Yes, those parties are there and available to me "Black & White" and "Incognito Costume." Thank you so much, I don't know why I never noticed that. Silly me. I guess I need to throw some more parties! And yes, I also have the hotdog costume and clown stuff, etc.

Thank you Shepherdmoon, and everyone else for helping out. :)