Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod for need decay yet?

The motives in Sims 4 and Sims 3 have always bothered me because they run out unrealistically fast. I don't want my Sim to need to pee twice in a three hour span when those three hours are minutes to me. So if there is some mod I've overlooked that lets me set how fast the needs decay, post it here pretty please. (:

Comments

• Options
    MandyAmandyMandyAmandy Posts: 51 Member
    There is a cheat that allows you to make them happy then turn off need decay. First you type in "testingcheats true" then you shift-click on the sim you want to apply it to, select the option that mentions needs, then select make happy. This will restore their needs to full. then shift-click on them again, select the needs option, then this time select "disable needs decay"

You have to do this for each individual sim and for some reason it seems to randomly deactivate, seems like every time they leave the lot so far, but it's something for now.
  • Options
    mgomezmgomez Posts: 126 Member
    I'm currently working on a relationship decay mod that will eliminate that quick and ugly decay. Once I'm done testing the final version and compiling it for release, I'll get to need decay if someone didn't beat me to it. It's very easy to do :)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    mgomez wrote: »
    I'm currently working on a relationship decay mod that will eliminate that quick and ugly decay. Once I'm done testing the final version and compiling it for release, I'll get to need decay if someone didn't beat me to it. It's very easy to do :)
    Awesome!!! Keep us informed and thank you
  • Options
    > @mgomez said:
    > I'm currently working on a relationship decay mod that will eliminate that quick and ugly decay. Once I'm done testing the final version and compiling it for release, I'll get to need decay if someone didn't beat me to it. It's very easy to do :)

That would be fantastic because the cheat to eliminate need decay just turns off at random and when a sim leaves the lot. It's very tiresome to have to continue to reinstate it.
  • Options
    ShaylyaShaylya Posts: 10 New Member
    I don't want to have to cheat so the needs don't decay. I want them to decay, just not so fast. Fulfilling the sims needs is the most important part of the sims, because just like real people sims have needs too. So I'm still looking for a mod.
  • Options
    I see. I used mine when my momma sim popped out twins and there was ALWAYS one that was fussing but I didn't want to age them up so I just froze the needs for my momma sim. She even had the aspiration rewards that slow down needs but they still were staying drained. A mod to control the rate would def be better than one to turn them off.
  • Options
    ShaylyaShaylya Posts: 10 New Member
    Well, I've made days two times longer than normal to make up for some of the repeated actions I do to refill needs. But I want to spend more time building skills than having my sims do menial tasks.
  • Options
    OK, so I just finished the mod I was trying to finish, then started working on the motives mod. I have managed to create a mod where motives stay at maximum and never decline. For the moment, I'm waiting for approval. Once that's done, I'll share the link with you folks :)
  • Options
    VanguardOfLouisVanguardOfLouis Posts: 16 Member
    i need to follow this, i believe the needs going down quite fast
  • Options
    Mod will probably be approved tomorrow. It keeps motives at maximum.
  • Options
    Need decay mod published.
  • Options
    VanguardOfLouisVanguardOfLouis Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2014
    @mgomez can you make one that justs slows down the process of decay? cause i would still like to do things with my sims like daily chores, but as it is now ingame its just too darn fast
    > @mgomez said:
    > Need decay mod published.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I've since made 4 mods related to need decay. They will be up on MTS soon. Each mod affects need decay differently.

Motivedecay0 eliminates the decay entirely, but doesn't bug out the game like maxmotives did.
    Motivedecay30 makes decay drop at 30 percent the original rate.
    Motivedecay50 makes cuts decay in half.
    Motivedecay70 will make decay more like previous iterations of The Sims, at 70% the decay rate for The Sims 4.

Edited to add: The four mods are now published and approved. Enjoy! The link is in my previous reply to this thread.
    Post edited by mgomez on
  • Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    thank you so much for this it is greatly needed.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited September 2014
    *delurks*

Thank you so much! <3

*relurks*
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    Mgomez you are awesome :)
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • Options
    icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    Thank you for this.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    mgomez wrote: »

I'm using two of your mods, this one at 70% and the realistic bills one. I like them!! Thank you and can't wait to see what else you make for our games.
  • Options
    The mod has now been updated. It comes in only one file, but with more customization. You can set the exact percentage of decay rate in-game so you don't have to switch between files all the time. The mod will save your configuration for you so you don't have to type it again once you find your sweet spot. Just set it and forget it!