Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Here I go!

Launching the game for the first time...I am so excited! I'll be back later to post more. :)

Comments

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    have fun...the kids are adorable

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    Have fun! Tell us if you make a Buffy sim!
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    slynnski wrote: »
    Launching the game for the first time...I am so excited! I'll be back later to post more. :)

Hey, for a first timer, I put together a review / guide to improve the experience.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/784657/ts4-pguidas-review-guide-to-improve-your-experience#latest
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Have fun! It's awesome!
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    Have fun! I love ts4!
  • Options
    Sa3ana3aSa3ana3a Posts: 79 Member
    Yeah, I would also love a Sarah sim. Please share if you made one. <3
  • Options
    Noah_ReddenNoah_Redden Posts: 311 Member
    Its fun! But crashes a lot on my computer. But still a hoot!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Hey sly! Glad you're here. Happy Simming! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Hey guys, I'm finally back!

I have to say that I am loving TS4. I really was not planning on getting the game at all, until I watched LifeSimmer's Let's Play on youtube.

I can't even compare it to TS3. To me, it is a completely different game that brings a whole new way to play to the table. I found that the lack of an open world was well-worth it when I saw how populated the community lots became. It was awesome to see so many sims out and about and interacting--it really brought the world to life.

I do miss the ability to tilt the camera like in TS3, though. But that is the only complaint that I can find so far.

I'm only playing a single sim at the moment, so I can't comment on babies/families/pregnancy/multi-sim households yet. But I look foward to eventually experiencing them.

Honestly, my biggest fear was that I would get this game and love it so much that I would forget TS3 and not want to play it anymore. But, I really don't see it as one being better than the other. To me, they are two great but separate games that happen to be a part of the same franchise. I still want to play TS3 on a regular basis, alongside TS4. I'm happy I took the plunge.

@thesims3andtwo and @Sa3ana3a I do definitely plan on creating Buffy sims! I already have plans to make a Sunnydale household with Buffy, Willow, Xander, Giles, Tara, Anya, Dawn and Spike. XD Once I get the hang of the new CAS, I'll make them and put them on the Gallery.

@bshag4lv Oh it's so good to see you again! I will never forget how you helped me through a tough time. I need to add you as a friend on here. :)
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Glad you like the game!
  • Options
    @AstroX1424 Thank you! I would play all night if I could, but I want to get up early for church tomorrow morning. It is going to be really hard to go back to work on Monday, lol.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    I do miss the ability to tilt the camera like in TS3, though. But that is the only complaint that I can find so far.

You're able to go into options and change your cameras to TS3 mode that way it will be the same as Sims 3. I had trouble getting reused to TS3 camera mode when I finally did change it, but I missed moving my view up and down too much.

Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    paulmcbeardypaulmcbeardy Posts: 70 Member
    @slynnski I agree completely! In TS3 there were hardly any Sims at the community lots, at least in my game (I think because I don't have the greatest computer). But I love the fact that there are so many Sims coming and going places now in TS4 :D
    I miss being able to tilt the camera as well, though. The angle is a little uncomfortable for me because I like to play with it tilted more upwards, but I'll get used to it.
    I was also afraid that I would lose the desire to play TS3, but the games are so different that I'll still be able to appreciate the experience of playing 3. :)
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    @AstroX1424 Thank you! I would play all night if I could, but I want to get up early for church tomorrow morning. It is going to be really hard to go back to work on Monday, lol.

I have church tomorrow too, 7:00 AM. Sadly I can't play the sims 4 till Monday afternoon.
  • Options
    @CamaroSycopaChic I did try the TS3 camera mode, but I still couldn't figure out how to tilt. I guess I will try it again when I play tomorrow.

@paulmcbeardy For me it was hit or miss. Sometimes I would have a lot of sims show up, other times places would be bare. There are times where I like to let my sims' free will take over and let them interact with the world as they please and see what they get up to. Frustratingly in TS3, they usually stand there and do nothing, whereas I don't have to worry about that with TS4. But God love it, I still adore TS3 for all of its quirks.

@AstroX1424 Ahhh darn, that is torture! Hope you can survive till then! ;)
  • Options
    Do you use your scroll button when tilting?
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Remember to save your game often
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    @CamaroSycopaChic I play on a laptop, so I don't have a scroll wheel. And I'm no good at using the 'scroll' feature on the touch pad lol

@cauliflowers Thankfully I have not experienced any bugs yet in my game. But I will keep that tip in mind. In TS3, I always make sure to save at least once every sim day lol
  • Options
    Oh, gotcha. I hate the way the scroll works on laptops. I'm always hitting it on accident.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg