Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My experience with a Gloomy Sim (pictures)

claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
A few days ago, I played around with an Insane version of Miley Cyrus from the Community Gallery and had a lot of fun with her. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782853/my-experience-with-an-insane-sim-pics/p1 I decided to dip into the gallery and download another user created Celebrity Sim to try out some other personality traits that I wouldn’t usually pick.

I chose Bella Swan from Twilight. Her pre-chosen traits were Gloomy, Clumsy, loner. Her aspiration was Jack of all trades. Not traits I would EVER pick for a Sim on my own. I was a little weary but I thought that would be an interesting challenge.

UPDATE: You can find Bella to download into your own game by searching for user id Rhiawolf the community gallery.

Meet Bella Swan…

09-07-14_2-43nbspPM.png

That’s her permanent expression, so you better get used to it. Lol

I moved her into Oasis Springs

09-10-14_9-44nbspPM-2.png

The first thing I noticed was that she looked very uncomfortable standing in front of her house. She was kind of shaking and looking around unhappily.

09-07-14_1-36nbspPM.png

I saw that she was TENSE and the moodlet said “STRANGER DANGER” she was upset to be outside with people she didn’t know walking around in the neighborhood. Geezus…

So I took her inside and she calmed down.

She was hungry, so I had her make a salad and it didn’t take long before she cut her finger with the knife.

09-07-14_2-28nbspPM.png

Then when she went to wash the salad bowl later…. she broke a bowl in the sink.

09-10-14_9-17nbspPM.png

09-10-14_9-19nbspPM.png

I felt bad for her. She just seemed so sad.

a201af3a-9ce9-4b1a-a49a-72bd7aafd80d.png

I thought maybe I could take her to the park to make some friends. She introduced herself to Daisy and sat down to join her for a game of chess. She was uneasy though being surrounded by strangers and very tense.

09-07-14_2-38nbspPM.png

I saw someone watching her from afar..

09-07-14_2-44nbspPM-2.png

Is that the original king of gloominess himself? Pancake Bob??

09-07-14_2-44nbspPM-3.png

I got excited about that potential connection! but it turns out he was just a doppleganger. NOT Pancake bob, but a friendly guy none the less. Maybe next time.

09-07-14_2-46nbspPM.png

So Bella finally had a friend. She started inviting more people over for short bursts of time.

Her bestfriend was Clare. She came over a lot.

09-07-14_2-31nbspPM.png

Most of the time they had fun together, but often Bella felt the need to “Share her melancholy thoughts” usually about death and It always made Clare cry.

09-07-14_2-32nbspPM.png

Look at Bella with such an innocent expression. “Oh my, you’re crying?… did I cause that? Doesn’t everybody have depressing dark thoughts like this all the time?”

Bella also became depressed over the smallest most mundane things. Like paying her bills. Every time she had to pay her bills, she cried under the sheets and called the “Sadness hotline”

09-07-14_3-52nbspPM-2.png

She spent a lot of time talking to the operator at the “Sadness hotline”. I’m glad they have resources like that now for gloomy sims.

Another note about Gloomy sims, the lower lip quiver is really touching. I found myself really feeling for Bella. I enjoyed playing her because it was a challenge, but also because I really felt sympathy for this Sim. I really wanted her to succeed and have a good sim life despite her social anxieties and sadness.

Since she had a “Jack of all Trades” aspiration she was given the “Fast Learner” trait. This made it easy for her to work her way up the writing career.

09-07-14_2-02nbspPM.png

She’s most happy when alone in the safe confines of her home. She gets the happy loner moodlet and her mood improves. She started writing and selling poetry. She’s currently pulling in about $500 a day with all the books she has published.

I decided to have her throw her first party.

09-10-14_9-09nbspPM-2.png

I walked away for a second to grab a cup of coffee, When I returned she was no longer in the room.

I checked the bedroom and sure enough she was tense from all the people in her home and decided to hide in her bed. I should have known better. I know...

09-10-14_9-09nbspPM.png

09-10-14_9-13nbspPM-2.png

The party wasn’t a complete mess because she met Joey.

He came over the next day and they started talking. I definitely saw romantic possibility.

09-10-14_9-54nbspPM.png

Unfortunately her first romantic advance was rejected…

09-10-14_9-51nbspPM.png

09-10-14_9-50nbspPM.png

For Bella this was the end of the world. She cried in her bed for hours and called the sadness hotline. She was in a funk for a while.

She stopped answering the door when he came by to visit.

09-10-14_9-46nbspPM.png

09-10-14_9-48nbspPM.png

That’s where I am now. Will Bella find love? I hope so. I’ll definitely keep trying. I’ll keep you posted.

Gloomy sims have some benefits. I think that unlocked the ability for her to write poetry. Also the fact that she was a loner made it possible for her to spend long hours working on her novels with a happy moodlet because she was alone. Clumsy traits don’t provide any benefits that I know of outside of entertainment. (Does it?) I’m enjoying playing this personality combination. Usually when I play the sims I stick with one family and play them forever. I love the fact that I can switch back and forth so fluidly. It’s definitely changing the way I play.

To be continued…
tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif
Post edited by claritysf on

Comments

• Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    Awesomeness...makes me want to play around with some of the negative moods. I really enjoyed your story telling. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I lol'ed so hard at this. love the story! she is a lot like kristen stewart.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    becstar09becstar09 Posts: 174 Member
    edited September 2014
    I enjoyed this story too! Thanks for posting :)

Edited to add: Oh and as with playing with negative traits. I created a sim with hotheaded, mean and insane traits, you know, just for curiosity. I haven't had much time to play with him yet as I'm concentrating on another family at the moment but sometimes I see him at the bar having offensive conversations with townies. I'll have to play him soon to see what that combination is like.
  • Options
    KarenJeanSimKarenJeanSim Posts: 59 Member
    edited September 2014
    Keep making these kinds of posts!! Love em :)
  • Options
    LysandersgrrlLysandersgrrl Posts: 56 Member
    That was amazing thanks for that!
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Awesome story! Maybe there will be vampires in the first expansion and she'll finally find true love with a brooding blood sucker ;)
  • Options
    Noah_ReddenNoah_Redden Posts: 311 Member
    Interesting! Pancake bob is such a hunk.
  • Options
    StuStuieStuStuie Posts: 455 Member
    She definitely looks gloomy
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Still more expressive as a sim than as a human :P
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    I made a Sim that is gloomy. I was thinking of the Susie Sad Eyes doll when I made her. She is sad a lot. My Legacy Sim married a guy that is clumsy, he has tripped once, but breaks a lot of dishes and has cut himself when washing them. The loner trait was why she was uncomfortable in public. It is neat to see how the different combinations play out.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • Options
    claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    edited September 2014
    THANKS @tomchanO @dixieangel550 @becstar09 (that's sounds a fun combo of traits to play with) @karenJeanSim @Lysandersgrrl @Shellbeme (that would be awesome if they do!) @Noah_Redden @StuStuie @Alnairan (LOL!)

@Sparkysim2 - I would love to see your gloomy sim!
    -
    Here's Update on Gloomy Bella

She had a breakthrough with Joey and found romance at last.

Here she is reading some poetry to him.

09-10-14_12-49nbspAM-2.png

This resulted in being given a rose

09-10-14_12-47nbspAM.png

and their kiss :)

09-10-14_12-49nbspAM.png

That night Bella made heart shaped cookies. She was actually cheerful for a change.

09-10-14_9-59nbspPM.png

Is that a smile?

09-10-14_9-21nbspPM.png

Her romance with Joey has turned that frown the other way around ;)

09-10-14_12-56nbspAM.png

They are now engaged. I'll post pictures of the wedding and future children when the time comes ;) - She still has her gloomy moments, but it's not as bad as before. There's hope for her yet.

09-10-14_12-34nbspAM-2.png

On a different note...

My happily married with Children Sim (Clare) was spotted making out with my Insane sim (Miley Cyrus) at the bar.

09-06-14_9-56nbspPM-2.png

What in the world??? That's an interesting twist. Time to play Clare and see how this has affected her marriage.
    tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif
  • Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    I really like the way you describe how the different traits act and play out in game. Would be very interested to see you do other combos :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    Aww, poor Bella! I hope it all gets better now she has found love! :)
  • Options
    GosheeGoshee Posts: 18 New Member
    Oh my I absolutely love this.

You know what you should do next right? Time to rip that relationship apart and Introduce another girl into Joeys life! (while Bella watches!!)

*cackles like a maniac*
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    claritysf wrote: »

On a different note...

My happily married with Children Sim (Clare) was spotted making out with my Insane sim (Miley Cyrus) at the bar.

:o LOL

TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    edited September 2014
    Pfft, is that Joey from Friends? Him and Bella Swan... oh, that slays me...
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    claritysf wrote: »
    On a different note...

09-06-14_9-56nbspPM-2.png

What in the world??? That's an interesting twist. Time to play Clare and see how this has affected her marriage.

LMAO I love this

• Options
    lupusrex180lupusrex180 Posts: 644 Member
    Funny story. My Gloomy Sim doesn't usually stay sad for long because his needs are well met and the Happy outweighs it. I was hoping for that boost to his creativity while writing. Ah well.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Keep us informed!
    He/Him
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    i love it
    hope you continue with this story
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    rachelh88playerrachelh88player Posts: 146 Member
    Great pics claritysf, I love how the traits really affect the Sims personalities this time around, they are so expressive and their personalities really shine through. Your sim really looks like Bella :)
  • Options
    Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    Aww! I feel so sorry for her. I do hope things go well with her new love. I'm looking forward to wedding pics!
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    I really liked this!
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    This was great! Thanks so much for sharing :)
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    thats not bella swan! her mouth isn't hanging open. haha! cute pictures. i hope she becomes happy after finding love
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*