Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Shader Lists& possibility of help on getting alpha editable hair to work?

Comments

• Options
    famke3377famke3377 Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump !
  • Options
    AcidicPossumAcidicPossum Posts: 1 New Member
    Oh lawd BUMP. I NEED DIS.
  • Options
    SiaSimSiaSim Posts: 3 New Member
    bumpity bump bump
  • Options
    SimplyBreaSimplyBrea Posts: 145 Member
    Come on SimModSquad! Help us! :/ we shouldn't be ignored!
  • Options
    simserenitysimserenity Posts: 3 New Member
    BUMP ! BUMP ! BUMP ! @SimGuruModSquad and all others Gurus !
  • Options
    Moser213Moser213 Posts: 3 New Member
    Come on EA! Help one of the most loyal fanbases out there with some hair mods.
  • Options
    filletetuefilletetue Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes, bumping with everyone else. While the hairs in the base game are not nearly as bad as they have been with past Sim games, I dearly would like more customization that the creators seemed to have promised by advertising the game as "mod-friendly". This seems like a direct, clear cut instance where they could be modder friendly.
  • Options
    LulubelleAppleLulubelleApple Posts: 36 Member
    Bumpity
  • Options
    dianalaurinadianalaurina Posts: 1 New Member
    BUMP
  • Options
    WildfoxWildfox Posts: 8 New Member
    Bump
  • Options
    jessicakneesocksjessicakneesocks Posts: 1 New Member
    bump!!
  • Options
    steff0128steff0128 Posts: 85 New Member
    i shall bump this for sciency reasons
  • Options
    lemondrops26lemondrops26 Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump, 'cus I want some nice hair for my sims.
  • Options
    NekrosVNekrosV Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump! I would love to get custom hair.
  • Options
    ShalkeyShalkey Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I won't buy the Sims 4 till this is fixed, I think we should all take a day and Spam the Gurus, Maxis and EA with it on E-mail, Twitter etc. or else they will ignore us.
  • Options
    WildfoxWildfox Posts: 8 New Member
    Bump
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    Hmmm ten pages and still no repsonse? I hope they can/do answer this. Modding hair is a big part of the simming communities creativity.

We have skins, eyes and recoloured clothes. Modded hair would complete the Sims ensemble. Has anyone contacted the gurus responsible for this side of things on twitter?
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Hmmm ten pages and still no repsonse?

Would you feel like responding to a thread if you'd just waded through 10 pages of "bump"? And you'd not really want to respond if you *hadn't* read it, in case important bits of the thread were somehow squeezed in between the bumps.

Personally I'd suggest the original question gets posted again in a new thread, and this time everyone else leaves it alone. It's true we're not getting a major amount of attention here, but I think a sensible mature looking thread about modding is more likely to *eventually* get a reply than this strange flash-crowd affair.

• Options
    toovitoovi Posts: 1 New Member
    Let the creative simmers keep being creative! Ea we love you but please listen to your players!
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

Would you feel like responding to a thread if you'd just waded through 10 pages of "bump"? And you'd not really want to respond if you *hadn't* read it, in case important bits of the thread were somehow squeezed in between the bumps.

Personally I'd suggest the original question gets posted again in a new thread, and this time everyone else leaves it alone. It's true we're not getting a major amount of attention here, but I think a sensible mature looking thread about modding is more likely to *eventually* get a reply than this strange flash-crowd affair.

Yeah I see your point, that's why I have tried asking around the Sims community on twitter to see who is the best Guru to contact. I have tweeted the Guru's directly through twitter to see if I can find out who best to ask :)
    Waiting for a response :)

Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    EshebsEshebs Posts: 18 New Member
    BUMP BUMP BUMP!!! COME ON BABY MOVE YO BODY!! BUMP BUMP BUMP, YEAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I would love to have hair like that was available in other sims games. Often, my daughter's hair for instance, isn't something that winds up being an EA "do". So please give us alpha editable hair! This game is being advertised by EA as being mod "friendly" well either 1. make the hair alpha editable, or 2. at least give us a REAL answer why, and please pretty please don't say it is too hard, or that you ran out of time, pretty please :)
  • Options
    PumpkinSeiPumpkinSei Posts: 7 New Member
    English isn't my native language, sorry.
    Aaaanyways,
    I think, it's something engine related. No alpha- no flickering with water/windows/trees. I saw someone made hair with alpha already, means it's possible. But the hair flickers with itself. Is it something layers related? Or just shaders?
    Would be really nice to get some help from Gurus
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

I'm not the original poster but what you said could just as easily be applied to my post. Coming from a forum background where posting the same thing over again in different places is considered rude I feel hesitant to repeat my question in a new thread before giving an adequate amount of time for it to be addressed.

My post is the second here and will, as a result, most likely be the second one read by anyone coming to the thread. No one has to wade through anything to read my post and I'm watching this thread diligently so I don't miss it if a SimGuru responds. I am still hopeful that they will because they have been quite helpful to Sims 4 modders.

• Options
    CaliverCaliver Posts: 2 New Member
    Bump~