Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Sims get married on a community lot?

I tried to marry my Sims but whenever they have the ceremony the wedding finishes without completing (because one sim dissapears to move into her new home). Would this still happen if they moved in together first? Also, they can't cut the wedding cake or get the guests to eat.

Does this mean I need to get married at someones house? And if that's the case, do I also have to move my sims in together before they get married?
Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter

Comments

• Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Please can someone help? I don't want them to be living together before they get married, but do I have to anyway?
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    Bump... surely someone has managed to get their sims married... how did you do it?
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    My sims got married on a community lot and they didn't live together first. I assume you planned the wedding? You have to have a place for a caterer to cook or bring your own. A cake needs a wedding topper to become a wedding cake.
  • Options
    ohohraptor87ohohraptor87 Posts: 98 Member
    My wedding failed too and I'm not sure why. They both were moved in, completed their vows and still I got the failure notice. :(
  • Options
    th3pr1nc3ssth3pr1nc3ss Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I wish I could help. I had the same exact problem. I think it's because the game has to deal with combining the families. I think you have to move them in first. It sucks, but you could just move them in the second before the wedding party!
  • Options
    SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    Yes! My sims got married at the park. But my sims lived together first. I created them as roommates. I first had them initiate the plan wedding action and it let me pick the park as a venue. I then was able to go into build mode and set up the wedding arch, seats, a bar for the mixologist and a table, refrigerator and oven for the caterer. I even put piano for the musician.

My wedding lasted over 12hrs and the bride and groom were so exhausted they fell asleep on the park benches. But they accomplished all the wedding goals and got a gold rating. It was great. Maybe these tips can help you.

Good luck! :D
    CxevBFV.gif
  • Options
    skyeuk05skyeuk05 Posts: 122 Member
    Yes mine did although wasn't a great wedding! I had the guests and caterer, even the entertainer but no cake, couldn't work out how or where to get this... maybe i was meant to bake it first? then just as they got married the groom decided to head off to work? - party fail!
  • Options
    Ok, thanks everyone. I moved them in together... I had a few issues because I wanted her to move into his house (Not the house I was playing) because his was bigger but even though I didn't select the option to sell the furniture she couldn't seem to take her furniture with her. So I ended up moving them both into her house and making it bigger. They got married at the nightclub but the caterer wouldn't do anything.

Anyway my Sim married LGR lol
    izmfpy.png
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    Ok, thanks everyone. I moved them in together... I had a few issues because I wanted her to move into his house (Not the house I was playing) because his was bigger but even though I didn't select the option to sell the furniture she couldn't seem to take her furniture with her. So I ended up moving them both into her house and making it bigger. They got married at the nightclub but the caterer wouldn't do anything.

Anyway my Sim married LGR lol
    izmfpy.png

Is LGR like a toy?
  • Options
    LGR is Lazy Game Reviewer - it's his self-sim (I changed his name in my game though). This is his link to his Sims 4 review on youtube if you want check out who he is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohwbklm3w_E&list=UULx053rWZxCiYWsBETgdKrQ