The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still 'C' for camera?

I pressed the 'C' key in CAS for a screenshot but for some reason the screenshot isn't showing up. Is it still 'C' or have they changed the shortcut key?

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    C is for a snapshot. The screenshots can be found in the Sims 4 file.

Electronic Arts > Sims 4 > Screenshots
  • Options
    Madiza86Madiza86 Posts: 158 Member
    I know when I press C in game it takes a pic.
  • Options
    OnyxemeryOnyxemery Posts: 107 Member
    Huh, I wonder what the deal is. I've pressed C multiple times and nothing is happening. There's no indication that a picture has been taken and nothing appears in the screenshot folder.

Is there a difference between snapshot (with C) and screenshots?
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Wish I'd known that when I first started playing and my sims sister died when the stove caught on fire and my sim or the sims sister pleaded with the grim reaper to bring her back to life
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    There shouldn't be a difference. I take pictures with "C", and then you can instantly look in the Screenshots folder in the game's folders and it's there. Did you check the in-game Options to see if anything is checked or unchecked? I'm not sure exactly what the options are in there, but that'd be a place to start.
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I went in game and was easily able to use C to take a screenshot while my Sim was walking around the house. (Saved perfectly in the screenshot folder within My Documents and everything.) Let me go back into CAS and try again...

Just went back into CAS and C still does not work there. I simply press C and nothing happens. How has everyone else been taking screenshots in CAS?

edited to extend my discussion
  • Options
    lym81lym81 Posts: 341 Member
    Onyxemery wrote: »
    I pressed the 'C' key in CAS for a screenshot but for some reason the screenshot isn't showing up. Is it still 'C' or have they changed the shortcut key?

It doesn't work in CAS, you'll need to Print Screen and paste into a paint program.
  • Options
    Ah, okay. Well for some reason when I Print Screen and paste into Paint it's only wanting to paste a blank white image rather than what I took a picture of. (Like how some programs do such a thing to prevent image stealing.) I know others have Print Screened just fine so I don't know why mine is being picky, but I guess I'm just going to have to work with it. Thanks though!
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    Using 'c' for a screenshot doesn't work in CAS. Some people can successfully do a <prt scr> but others report that they cannot.

If you have Windows 7 or 8 you can use the Snipper Tool. I only just discovered its existence, and now I use it all the time; it's so much easier than using <prt scr> and then having to crop it.
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    Hm...what/where is the Snipper Tool...? I still have not figure out how to make avatar of a sim... It was so easy to take screenshots in The Sims 3!!