Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting really sick of this, EA...

I'm really hating this whole Origin launcher idea.
I can't update my game, therefore, I can't play.
I tried updatng, I tried repairing the game.
It won't work.

Comments

• Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited September 2014
    I know! It's so irritating! Now that everything HAS to be through Origin, it messes everything up! Since Origin updated a few days ago, I've had to do the fix for the grayed out game every time I restart my computer. Now there's this. It's really annoying!
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    It sucks but most companies are going this route and they will not even think about going back to the way it is. Technology has a big impact on how they deploy their products.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    try this to clear origin cache :

1.Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
    2.Delete the following folders:
    •Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\
    •Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\
    •Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\

•Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.

to unhide folders:

-type folder options in the search field in the start menu

-click on the view tab

-under the hidden folders options click show hidden files, folders, and drives- apply the setting and click ok
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    AileetaAileeta Posts: 14 New Member
    Mine just updated today and I'm having all sorts of trouble. I've always had issues with Origin, so I rarely use it. But now since it's required to play the game, it just really stinking sucks! The game updated today and since it finished and I restarted my computer, I've been having issues in the game. I've been playing since release day and this is the first time that it has ever frozen up and force closed on me (TS4 AND Origin). I have no idea if it's because Origin stopped responding and made the game crash or what :\
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

•Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.

to unhide folders:

-click on the view tab

-under the hidden folders options click show hidden files, folders, and drives- apply the setting and click ok

Sweet Chester!

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

to unhide folders:

-click on the view tab

Sweet Chester!
    It's helped a few :)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    It sucks but most companies are going this route and they will not even think about going back to the way it is. Technology has a big impact on how they deploy their products.

This is true . I was thinking about how I found sims 3 (don't have sims 4 yet so can't say, it's in the mail though!) Game files and folders so much more complicated and perplexing, and annoying than sims 1 and 2.

Sims 1 and 2 I knew where EVERYTHING was. Custom Content? Yes I know exactly where it is. Etc etc, I could go on and on but the short of it is I felt "in control" of my sims 1, and 2 game files. Where in the sims 3 I felt it was a complete mess. And I'm wondering, thinking probably sims 4 will be this way too.

And the REASON? It's partially online, in a cloud out there (origin in this case) and we are at their mercy. merce.

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    All companies are going this route these days sadly. :(

Steam, Origin, or uPlay... To arms! To arms!
    uplay_vs_origin_vs_uplay.jpg
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    I kept trying the update button and it didn't do anything. I pressed repair game and afterwards it works!
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member

to unhide folders:

-click on the view tab

I have tried doing this.
    It does not work for me.
  • Options
    Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    All companies are going this route these days sadly. :(

Steam, Origin, or uPlay... To arms! To arms!
    uplay_vs_origin_vs_uplay.jpg

I'm pretty sure UPlay is gonna lose. And Origin is at least better than the horrid EA downloader thing.
  • Options
    sarka597sarka597 Posts: 70 Member
    i also hate steam cuse my son gets games on it so when i wanna try it we have only 1 account cause he's not aged enouh to have his own so whe ever i log in i log him out lol in origin is the same we have only my account but if i log in and go offline he can log in online or offline ..it should be the same with steam
  • Options
    IalyrnIalyrn Posts: 2 New Member
    You can do the same with steam I believe, at least for about two weeks before it needs to check licenses again. Steam has a fairly good offline mode. You just click "steam" in the top left corner, and then select "go offline".
  • Options
    danee1973danee1973 Posts: 8 New Member
    If your game wont play try following these steps on this link: answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-wont-start/td-p/3453917/page/10
    It worked for mine.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    I kept trying the update button and it didn't do anything. I pressed repair game and afterwards it works!

I have to admit this is a pretty handy feature! I used it with Sims 2 Ultimate when I ran Norton Registry Cleaner and it deleted something there.

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    edited March 2015
    Deleted post to post question elsewhere
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png