Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ikeda Legacy [COMPLETE]

MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
HELLO!

Back in September the Book Club read the ENTIRE LEGACY in a week so take a look over there at our discussion if you'd like!

SimLitFinal_zpsuhotldts.png

Also wanted to say that if you hadn't already found it, Suzu has started her Amazon Challenge book and Eiji just started building Newcrest! They're both different styles so if this legacy wasn't your pot of tea try one of them out. ;)

The [Massive] Ikeda Family Tree

To follow the story of this legacy from start to finish, please check out my blog!
Chapter 1
Following Pinstar's Sims 4 Legacy Rules, I will be playing Equality - Living Will - Strictly Traditional. I’m not a big screen-grabber but I will try and post some pictures later of the heirs, at least.

My founder is a young adult named Misaki Ikeda. She is cheerful, clumsy, and a bookworm. She wants to have a big happy family. She joined the entertainer career track and learned violin.
4bb15-09-04-14_10-1125c225a0pm-2.png?w=640&h=360

Initially, she had some trouble finding a potential spouse that 1) didn't make her angry and 2) was not a current resident of the town. Eventually she found a nice man named Yung Clevenger and they married. He was already an adult so I knew they had to make the best of their time. He was creative, a glutton, and a perfectionist. He had the typical 20K in the bank and they were able to work up a cute little house. Despite their good fortune, they did run into some money problems along the way due to high bills. They sold their piano, a frivolous purchase, and they were able to make ends meet but just barely. Each time bills were due they had to wait until the final 24 hour mark to make it work.

Shortly after marriage they started popping out kids. Meilin was their first born, becoming a child before younger sister, Minako, joined her. After Minako aged into a child the family had a small amount of peace before Jung aged into an elder and welcomed a baby boy, Takeo. Meilin aged into a teen while Takeo was still a baby.

Not long after Misaki found out she was pregnant with their fourth child, Jung died of old age. Misaki pleaded with the Reaper. He refused to spare Jung. However, an unexpected burden now appeared to the family: the bill situation. Jung's income was incredibly needed. By selling some items of the family, they were able to make it through another load of bills.

Still, he left behind a teenager, two kids, and one on the way. Or, so he thought.

Misaki gave birth to twin girls, Ami and Naoko, about half a year later. Everyone was exhausted by this point. The babies were always crying and Misaki and Meilin passed out at least once a day. Thankfully, Minako aged up and was able to help out a bit more. Misaki's friend, Erin, offered to come over almost every day and she even helped a little with the twins.

Finally, they grew into children and the family was able to try and live more comfortably. Takeo aged into a teen during this time as well as Meilin into a young adult. At this time, Misaki realized that she wanted to adopt (it was one of her goals). Unfortunately, the rules state that she cannot adopt unless her spouse is still living. Sadly, her lifetime want would not be allowed.

The family again came into some trouble with bills and they made the choice to get rid of their tv to make ends meet. It worked and, lacking television entertainment, they instead played card games, read, and practiced their instruments. The time came for Misaki to age into an elder with Minako aging into a young adult shortly after as well as the twins into teens.

At this time, I decided to evaluate who would be the heir to the Legacy via Living Will. It was a close call between Meilin and Takeo so Meilin began to become closer to her mother, becoming best friends. She even found a boyfriend! They dated for one day. The next day Meilin got a raise! Meilin invited him over to celebrate and to pop the question. Things were really looking up for her! He...declined. She was mortified. He left after that and she went along with her life, hoping for her embarrassment to end. Her prayers would soon be answered and she DIED OF EMBARRASSMENT. Misaki pleaded for her daughter’s life and was refused. As I write this her urn is still in the kitchen where she fell. No one has yet mourned their family member.

The next in line in the Living WIll is currently a tie between Takeo and Minako. Bars are full. I’m not sure what will happen or who will pull ahead (or if I’ll even be able to tell!)
Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
Post edited by Meggles on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 2: The First Heir

Following the death of eldest sister, Meilin, the rest of the family continued with their lives. Not much progress was made. Takeo aged into a young adult and started a job as a dishwasher. Minako also got a raise in the entertainment path (finally) and leveled up her life aspiration (finally). We were informed that Misaki didn’t have long left on this earth so plans were made to check on the living will with Takeo in the lead. The evening before her death the family spent a lot of time talking before all heading to bed. The next morning she died of old age and Takeo took over as the heir to the Ikeda legacy.He grew up to have the Master Mixologist aspiration with his traits rolled as glutton, bookworm, and slob.

None of the children ever made friends with other children or teens when they were younger so Takeo had to start from scratch to find a spouse. His quest so far has been a challenge. He met two women outside of his house but both made him quite mad (one of them was evil). I wonder if it’s actually his fault. Minako is still looking for her own spouse before she moves out and if she takes long enough she may just bring the twins with her. Preferably, I’d like them all to be paired up but that may not happen. It’s hard to manage this many people at once for some reason. Also, no one has broken out of the C average curse. Perhaps the next generation will be able to afford nice things and have an easier time with their grades. I also think round two will have decidedly less children to make it easier to keep money around...
  • Options
    AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 248 Member
    This is one of the most interesting legacies I've read, yet! I love how your story is progressing and I can't wait for more! You've also inspired me for the future of my own legacy! :)
  • Options
    Annabelle wrote: »
    This is one of the most interesting legacies I've read, yet! I love how your story is progressing and I can't wait for more! You've also inspired me for the future of my own legacy! :)
    That's sweet of you to say, thank you. :smile: It's seriously been a challenge to keep everyone happy without using cheats. I've never done a legacy challenge officially before because I always get bored but it's HARD. As for pictures, I've been really busy this week so I hope to get some up soon. Perhaps after work tonight!

I'll check out your legacy, too!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Finally cropped some random pictures! :#

Yung
    da632-09-04-14_10-1425c225a0pm.png?w=723

Misaki reading to Meilin
    95b66-09-04-14_11-1325c225a0pm.png?w=723

Minako eating breakfast
    16b71-09-05-14_2-0125c225a0am-2.png?w=723

Meilin (tiredly) eating breakfast
    f1586-09-05-14_9-4925c225a0pm.png?w=723

The twins Naoko and Ami
    9667c-09-05-14_9-3925c225a0pm-2.png?w=723

Ami doing dishes, Takeo on the floor doing homework, Meilin chatting at the counter, and cut off Naoko doing homework in the dining room
    2e101-09-08-14_10-1225c225a0pm.png?w=723

Death coming to take away Misaki while the children around her sob
    tumblr_nbpilmuYsj1tg65w2o10_1280.png

Takeo, newest heir, chatting to younger sister, Naoko
    09-09-14_10-47c2a0pm1.png?w=723&h=409

Bonus: Death at the bar
    7004f-09-09-14_6-2125c225a0pm.png?w=723
  • Options
    BadWolfGirlBadWolfGirl Posts: 115 Member
    Your founder is beautiful! She reminds me of Rose McGowen. I'm seeing so many twins in legacies and I'm just thankful I have yet to have that happen in mine. Lovely kids, though!
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Wow, it sounds like you've had your hands full! Hopefully the next generation will be a little easier. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 3: Takeo’s First (and Possibly Biggest) Challenge

You can't always choose who you love. Takeo met Karina North, a lovely woman, while strolling around the neighborhood. They became fast friends and he learned her traits right away (foodie, outgoing, goofball). She seemed like the real deal so he started putting on the moves. One might call it a little hasty but they fell in love and quickly eloped.

tumblr_nbqkgrRlCa1qdtu75o6_500.png
    (What is he wearing? I've been too busy to change his YA clothes...)
    tumblr_nbqkgrRlCa1qdtu75o1_500.png

Once she moved in with all of her baggage (and another 20K!), he found out that she was definitely not the woman he thought he knew…

In what would become the lesser of their problems, Takeo discovered that Karina had the ambition of becoming public enemy #1. To be fair, she hadn’t pursued those goals but she might have to if she wants to add some more days on to her life. She really has no choice because she was a mere two days from growing into an elder when she moved in. Disaster.

After an inaugural woohoo, Takeo spent the morning researching youth potions and is now desperately searching for the funds to afford one. He’s pretty far from his goal. Looks like the couple will be busy when I get home from work…
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Your founder is beautiful! She reminds me of Rose McGowen. I'm seeing so many twins in legacies and I'm just thankful I have yet to have that happen in mine. Lovely kids, though!
    Thanks! Twins shocked me. I always get twins when I don't want them. :stuck_out_tongue: Also, the hair colors have turned out all random which sort of bugs me, but oh well. They have the same facial features of their parents so that's good.
    Wow, it sounds like you've had your hands full! Hopefully the next generation will be a little easier. :)
    My update this morning seems to be proving that it won't be quite as easy as I'd hoped!

I'm going to have to check out the rules about second wives just in case something goes horribly wrong. I'm playing strict traditional so I can't have an adoptee be an heir. T_T
  • Options
    Oh man, good luck! I've heard that you can still get pregnant up to the very last day before becoming an elder, so hopefully you guys manage to get a bun cookin'!
  • Options
    Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    There are the potions you can get with your points. Surely your founder has enough for youth potion. I didn't read through all the rules, know them from past games. But I would think the potion would be allowed. I don't bother with points and such and just do the basic marry a townie and get to 10 generations. I keep it simple. The age thing is why I lean toward female heirs. Men can father a child as an elder.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • Options
    Sparkysim2 wrote: »
    There are the potions you can get with your points. Surely your founder has enough for youth potion. I didn't read through all the rules, know them from past games. But I would think the potion would be allowed. I don't bother with points and such and just do the basic marry a townie and get to 10 generations. I keep it simple. The age thing is why I lean toward female heirs. Men can father a child as an elder.
    I'm probably not going to keep score (maths!) but I am going to attempt to play by the Sims 4 rules which has some different flavors (you should check it out! :smile: )

Yes, potions are allowed and Takeo is ~400 points short (I think the youth potion is 1,500, IIRC). That's even if I can pass the potion to a different Sim. I'll try for my baby and see if I can gain enough in the amount of time it takes for that baby to pop so I can get my spare. *crosses figures* I wouldn't even worry about a spare but since I've had an heir die already I can't be too safe.
  • Options
    BadWolfGirlBadWolfGirl Posts: 115 Member
    The third child of my 2nd generation had random hair, too! His dad has dark brown hair and his mom has bright red, but he's a blond. He did get his mom's green eyes and they're the same shape as his dad, but it definitely surprised me!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 4: Crisis Averted!

Takeo and Karina’s life was a little shaky at the get go but once he realized they could make some needed updates to the house they perked up a bit. Takeo put his bar on the newly crafted deck and went to work on his aspirations to become the best mixologist he could be. Karina was actually already at level 7 in mixology so Takeo secretly hoped she’d skill up more and become his mentor. They also bought a treadmill and Ami took to running on it twice a day (and started to notice a small difference!)

In the heir department, the couple had a string of good luck! Karina took a pregnancy test and found it was positive! Very much in love and happy, Takeo could breathe a little easier knowing he at least would have one heir. Towards the final months of her pregnancy, Takeo finally earned enough points to buy a youth potion and he willingly gave it to his lovely wife. Her youth (well, adult “youth”) was entirely restored (20 days) and she was thankful.

tumblr_nbrlrfHH9D1tg65w2o2_500.png

The twins, Ami and Naoko aged into young adults after school. During their birthday party their niece and the next heir, Rei, was born. Takeo, unfazed, attempted to tend bar to complete a wish but came just one drink short of doing so. A wish for another party.

tumblr_nbrlrfHH9D1tg65w2o3_500.png

Now that they were all of age, the sisters went on the prowl. Minako pursued a man named Cole and Ami worked on things with another man but he started things off on the wrong foot and it doesn’t look like they’ll be continuing their relationship (she might try, though!)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 5: Leaving the Nest

Takeo's sisters continued on their quest for loves of their own. Naoko found love with Liam Rhodes, married, and soon had a daughter named Sierra.

Ami met and married local Asa Arellano and had a daughter, Greta.
    tumblr_nbttd6yHYb1tg65w2o1_500.png

Eldest, Minako, found love with a bartender but he skipped town after refusing her proposal. She now lives in a large house with a family of four siblings.

Now that the legacy home was cleared out, Takeo had the chance to make it his own and spread out.
    tumblr_nbttd6yHYb1tg65w2o4_500.png

Rei grew up into a child and the couple were gifted another daughter that they (dumbly) named Reina (I wasn't thinking). Wishes were being granted all over the place and Takeo progressed well into his career (and also fitness-wise!)
    tumblr_nbttd6yHYb1tg65w2o5_500.png

Once Reina grew into a child, the girls would do homework together and Rei actually earned a B in school! Everyone was happy that she broke free from the "C Curse".
    (Rei, Karina, and Reina)
    tumblr_nbttd6yHYb1tg65w2o3_500.png

So, happy news all around and much less drama.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 6: Rei
    Now that the family is finally able to get a restful night’s sleep, the art of skilling and promotions has gotten much easier. Both Takeo and Karina have moved up the culinary ladder and enjoy nearly identical schedules. Takeo even maxed out his cooking skill! He's about twenty years ahead of his mother so he's pretty thankful for that.
    tumblr_inline_nbuos4Ewbj1qcl6kg.gif

Rei and Reina have gotten on well with their cousins, Sierra and Greta. Aunt Minako visits frequently as well. Rei attempted to pick up the violin before aging into a teen but her birthday snuck up on me again and she spent the first day as a teenager a little sad (but fairly attractive).
    tumblr_inline_nbuor7Qx4D1qcl6kg.png

As it was Friday (and she didn’t have class), she spent her first day home from school having a leisurely breakfast and then working out a bit.
    tumblr_inline_nbuoupmGIj1qcl6kg.png
    tumblr_inline_nbuotnsw8O1qcl6kg.png

Later that evening, the girls invited their cousins over for some socializing. Rei can get a little exasperated with them all but perhaps that will change when they grow up a little bit.
    tumblr_inline_nbuow5awg01qcl6kg.gif

Next on the docket is to see if Rei can find a boyfriend. Only time will tell...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 7: The Teen Years

I was incredibly focused on Rei today but a lot happened while I was playing that it's worth noting even though I'll be updating again later this evening.

Rei, fresh into a teenager, went to the park to find some teens! After a while of searching she found her catch: a cutie named Joseph. They hit it off, not running into any snags in conversation. They headed to the club, had a successful date, and became boyfriend and girlfriend.
    tumblr_inline_nbv867yyiD1qcl6kg.png

tumblr_inline_nbv881PyAF1qcl6kg.png
    It's worth noting that after they kissed the immediately high-fived and I laughed a LOT.

They also exchanged promise rings! Things were serious.
    tumblr_inline_nbv8c2vVfN1qcl6kg.png

Here's his handsome face!
    tumblr_inline_nbv8ac1zkH1qcl6kg.png

NATURALLY, as is the misfortune of this game currently, the next day he skipped town. (They had even messed around the night before! What a poop.) Thankfully, Rei didn't notice he was gone, despite having all the romance buffs still going strong from the night before. Ah, young love.

After this, Karina aged into an elder (I forgot her birthday AGAIN).
    tumblr_inline_nbv8gnfPKK1qcl6kg.png

Both Takeo and Karina moved up in their careers, too. Takeo took the mixologist path and Karina the gourmet chef path. Their paychecks were looking pretty nice, too. Bills still were not a problem.

tumblr_inline_nbv8hsFXDS1qcl6kg.png
    (Clean your counters, you guys...SERIOUSLY!)

Reina's birthday was next and they invited all of their friends over for a celebration.
    tumblr_inline_nbv8vedjad1qcl6kg.gif

Now that they were both teenagers, Karina took to the task of explaining WooHoo to the girls (like they didn't know already). You can see that they were embarrassed...
    tumblr_inline_nbv93mEGU21qcl6kg.gif

Finally, it came time for the announcement that Karina was getting pretty old. She was technically granted a repeat of her adult life so she lived a long time. Takeo and Karina tried to enjoy their final days together...
    tumblr_inline_nbv991Sr0P1qcl6kg.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Chapter 8: Karina’s Death, The Girls Grow Up, and Takeo Nears His End (Updated with Pictures)

Saturday and Sunday brought me lots of free time and lots of time to play my legacy! There’s a bunch to cover so I hope I can do their stories justice. Note: screencaps are on my home computer and I’m on lunch break at work so they’ll come later. ETA: Here you go!
    tumblr_inline_nbz2s92mUh1qcl6kg.png
    tumblr_inline_nbz2u5vRDt1qcl6kg.png

Karina died a day or so later than I expected and the family went into mourning again.
    tumblr_inline_nbz3ahpxab1qcl6kg.png

I made a little cemetery by the edge of their lot to butt up against the nice landscaping of the neighborhood. Meilin was put near her parents, Jung and Misaki, and Karina next to them as well with a spot nearby for Takeo when his time comes.
    tumblr_inline_nbz2xwlkak1qcl6kg.png

There was likely something that happened between Karina’s death and the girls starting their relationships but I can’t think of it right now. Probably not too important.

ETA: OH, Takeo aged into an elder! (He’s since trimmed down.)
    tumblr_inline_nbz3emHTiY1qcl6kg.png

Rei decided at this time to start on her life aspiration of being a master botanist. She started a vegetable garden with carrots and tomatoes. Gardening takes a lot out of a sim! She had Takeo and Reina help her with the tedious parts but soon she had it all figured out.
    tumblr_inline_nbz3c8qDR81qcl6kg.png

Both girls decided to go on the prowl again and didn’t have to go far to each find their own eligible bachelor. Rei met a red headed and bearded Spencer Key. They chatted casually for a while before Rei realized that he had the mean trait. This should have been a warning for me but I decided that he was fit and good looking so I would see if they couldn’t make it work. Thankfully, Rei was able to calm him down and they continued as if nothing had happened. She seemed to have a calming affect on him and he quickly had the happy moodlet. She decided to go the “friends first” method and soon they were listed as good friends.
    tumblr_inline_nbz3geleDp1qcl6kg.png

At exactly the same time, Reina met a pale but trim Dorian Seals. They took their relationship a little slower but became friends within the first day of meeting. For some reason, she found out his traits all at the same time and I took this as a good sign.
    tumblr_inline_nbz3ooiBHC1qcl6kg.png

As both girls had near equal friendship level with Takeo I felt it best to work on both of their relationships at the same time. It was not as much as a challenge as I would have thought it to be. They sort of double dated at their home quite a bit and by the second day they were both in relationships with the men. To avoid losing the guys to the abyss, I moved them both into their own homes as well as the rest of the townies into shared homes. I would not have Rei lose another boyfriend and this way has worked pretty well.

Soon, both were engaged! Hooray! As traditional family values didn’t seem to stick this generation, both girls took to trying to start a family before their marriages. This next picture was the morning after the guys stayed over. Takeo doesn’t seem bothered, honestly.
    tumblr_inline_nbz3r6thOO1qcl6kg.png

At some point during all of this, Minako died (no one in the family was told or too upset about it, sadly). Both Naoko’s and Ami’s husbands had died and their daughters (Sierra and Greta) were now living with their mothers. Takeo also received his final warnings for his soon to be death so I took a look at the heir situation. Rei had pulled ahead in the race.

Once Rei knew she was pregnant for sure (and that she would become the heir), she and Spencer decided to get married and he moved in. Spencer took a job in the Secret Agent career path and Rei decided to stay without a job (for now - she might need one later!)
    tumblr_inline_nbz3umFply1qcl6kg.png

Reina also realized that she was pregnant but held off on getting married until she had her baby. She planned on having another before moving out (as well as she and Dorian both finding jobs!)
    tumblr_inline_nbz3x318hF1qcl6kg.png

With Spencer moving in, the family was gifted with some more money and I decided it was time for a remodel (I’ll take some pictures this evening, see next post). I tried to save as many rooms as possible and just change their shape and location. I added a foyer and larger front porch. The foyer entered into the living room and to the left was a study. To the right was the kitchen and it moved into the dining room. The dining room and living room both had entrances to the hallway that led to the back deck where the workout equipment and bar were placed. Off of the hallway are the master bedroom with en-suite, two smaller bedrooms, and a bathroom for the rest of the house. New appliances were put all through the house where it could be afforded.

I mentioned Rei possibly needing a job - well, we haven’t seen the first set of bills from this renovation so only time will tell. Perhaps Reina and Dorian will need to stay for a while to help out with Takeo not contributing to the bills for much longer. I have a feeling that the bill situation is going to be a big problem in the coming days…
  • Options
    Chapter 9: Ryu Arrives

A quick update before the day is up. Takeo was still with us last I checked and, thankfully, Rei went into labor and had a baby boy whom she named Ryu. Here, grandpa and grandson share a moment.

tumblr_inline_nbz6cjmsuo1qcl6kg.png
    tumblr_inline_nbz6djJ3W61qcl6kg.png
    tumblr_inline_nbz6ej2Ge51qcl6kg.png

That's all to report before things get sad...
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    Oh my goodness that last line :(

I still enjoy reading your updates, though.
  • Options
    Aww, he got to meet his grandbaby. <3 We've not been so lucky yet in my save!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @renzilla, thank you :3
    I just assume no one reads this even though it has views. I should do more reading and commenting so people do likewise, haha. :smile:

@FloorRaisin, I KNOW! I was crossing my fingers that he wouldn't kick it before the baby was born. I guess I started things at the right time for once!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Megg - I'm reading it and enjoying it! Your Sims are really great, and so is your storytelling!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @Megg - I'm reading it and enjoying it! Your Sims are really great, and so is your storytelling!
    Thank you very much! If I took more pictures I think it could be better but I'm too lazy to stop and capture different moments to make them perfect, haha! :p
  • Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    Love to hear about the struggles of your family. Keep it up. PS your founder was so pretty :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    Love to hear about the struggles of your family. Keep it up. PS your founder was so pretty :)

Thanks, I was super pleased with her! I tweaked her from a different sim who was made from her brother (whom I made, too):
    tumblr_n8nr2cisfr1tg65w2o1_1280.png
    I think he's pretty good looking so it's regrettable he can't be in my legacy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also, I was hoping to keep my legacy looking a bit more diverse but I guess I didn't pick the best spouse this time around (although he's ginger - can't go wrong!)