Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't go back

I have played the Sims since they came out. Cant remember much about Sims1 but I played it and loved it then. Sims 2 came out, loved it and played it too. Sims 3, same.

Each time a new series came out, I put the other one away. Never touched it again. Each got better. I did download the Sims2UC and tried it, but couldn't get into it. I know a lot of people love different Sim Series. My favorite was Sims3 :p

I am now playing Sims4 and not that thrilled with it (base game thing) but I will continue to play it. I have not gone back to my Sims3.

I just cant go back! When a new series comes out, I am done with the other one. If I cant get into Sims4 then I will retire!

I hear of others going back to Sims2 in the forums, and some go back to Sims3, anyone still play Sims1?

Which one is your favorite and do you think you would get to the point and say, "No more Sims"?

Just asking ;)

Comments

• Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    I don't really have a favourite, I like that all the games have something different about them.

I'm one of those who will play the older ones still, no point spending the money never to use them again in my opinion. :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    Fav was 2 by far. Played 3 fully never want back to 2. Don't see me quitting sims. Got bored with 3. Didn't ever feel connected to my sims in quite the same way. Liking 4 so far. Could see reinstalling 2 just for fun.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I've usually been in that boat too - unable to go back after a new series comes out. Until now.

My favourite is Sims 3.

TS4 - I am playing it now and again and enjoy parts of it but it doesn't hold me for long. I still much prefer TS3 and will hopefully get many more years of enjoyment out of it. There is still so much in that game that I haven't yet done.
  • Options
    FirelloFirello Posts: 92 Member
    i never have been bounded with my sims like now in TS4 :-)
    sigv2.jpg
    Please be patient with my English *** European simmer since TS1

• Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Create a style beckons me in Sims 3 but there is just no comparison in the game play so I have to do without it and stay with Sims 4. (Not happy about no colour wheel though!)
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I can never go back, either, but TS4 might be the first game that makes me feel like I should.

TS2 was my favorite of the series, but the loading screens and lack of time syncing really messed up the enjoyment. TS3 changed that and brought about advancements that were awesome. Once I knew what an open world was, there was no going back to TS2. I tried because, even though TS3 made some really good changes, they forgot to upgrade the sims. So I got bored and tried to go back and play TS2, but just couldn't.

Now here we are at TS4 and overall, it's missing some key features of progression. Sure it runs smoother, but I've already had a couple of crashes and major bugs causing a whole family to disappear, even the ones living in other houses that were married to other sims. So the fact that my game still crashes like TS3 and has worse bugs than TS3, plus it's lacking major upgrades that TS3 has, means that I won't really have a problem going back and playing it.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I won't go back to TS3; never liked it that much, and find TS4 superior. May go back and forth between TS4 and TS2; I still have great love for TS2. Have not played TS1 in ages, but have thought about installing just for old time's sake. I don't think I'll ever outgrow the Sims. I have told my grown children that when they put me in a nursing home, I'll need my gaming rig and an internet connection.
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    For now, Sims 4 keeps me very entertained. I love all the new interactions and moods.
    But my favorite is still The Sims 3. Will occasionally play it, I think just because I can't say goodbye to my simmies, haha!
    Haven't played Sims 1 or 2 in ages.
  • Options
    ElysianBlightElysianBlight Posts: 82 Member
    I never ever went back either.. Sims 2 was *better* than Sims 1.. and Sims 3 was *better* than Sims 2. They were the same style of game, but the new ones had MORE features and content. Why go back?

But I'm re-installing Sims 3 now. I will play both.
    TS3 and TS4 are completely different games.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    I don't really have a favourite, I like that all the games have something different about them.

I'm one of those who will play the older ones still, no point spending the money never to use them again in my opinion. :D

I like all the games too and your right, each one is different!

I am one of those who play the recent one and money down the drain on the other ones :'( I find it hard to go back!

Thanks for your reply and Happy Simming :p

• Options
    ts3seml wrote: »
    Fav was 2 by far. Played 3 fully never want back to 2. Don't see me quitting sims. Got bored with 3. Didn't ever feel connected to my sims in quite the same way. Liking 4 so far. Could see reinstalling 2 just for fun.

I loved Sims3! I have not uninstalled Sims3 yet even though I have not went back to it.

I did reinstall Sims2UC, but ended up uninstalling it. Just wasn't the same after playing Sims3.

Hoping Sims4 makes me feel that way!

• Options
    I've usually been in that boat too - unable to go back after a new series comes out. Until now.

My favourite is Sims 3.

TS4 - I am playing it now and again and enjoy parts of it but it doesn't hold me for long. I still much prefer TS3 and will hopefully get many more years of enjoyment out of it. There is still so much in that game that I haven't yet done.

Yep, Sims4 is not keeping me glued to computer yet, but it is just the base game. I do like it though! Just still missing open world and color wheel the most!

I think that's why I have not uninstalled Sims3 yet, just in case I could go back if Sims4 don't hold my attention :(

• Options
    Firello wrote: »
    i never have been bounded with my sims like now in TS4 :-)

Glad you are enjoying the game, Sims4 definitely has some good emotions and stuff in my opinion :)

Thanks for your reply and Happy Simming :p

• Options
    Sucom wrote: »
    Create a style beckons me in Sims 3 but there is just no comparison in the game play so I have to do without it and stay with Sims 4. (Not happy about no colour wheel though!)

Yes! I too, am not happy about not having the color wheel!

Happy Simming :p

• Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have played the Sims since they came out. Cant remember much about Sims1 but I played it and loved it then. Sims 2 came out, loved it and played it too. Sims 3, same.

Each time a new series came out, I put the other one away. Never touched it again. Each got better. I did download the Sims2UC and tried it, but couldn't get into it. I know a lot of people love different Sim Series. My favorite was Sims3 :p

I am now playing Sims4 and not that thrilled with it (base game thing) but I will continue to play it. I have not gone back to my Sims3.

I just cant go back! When a new series comes out, I am done with the other one. If I cant get into Sims4 then I will retire!

I hear of others going back to Sims2 in the forums, and some go back to Sims3, anyone still play Sims1?

Which one is your favorite and do you think you would get to the point and say, "No more Sims"?

Just asking ;)

I like them all for different reasons although ATM Sims 4 is kind of out there for me.
    Love TS3's open world, Love Sims 2's charm, love Sims 1's originality.

I actually completed my TS1 set a few months ago, went to a vintage gaming shop and bought the rest of what I did not have (I only had 2 EP's) and a replacement copy of Deluxe for $10.

I wanted to take a break from 3 and did not want to buy 4 right away, so I went to 1! It's been ages. I find it adorable. I get frustrated cause it's so isolated. And I waited for my child to age for a second before realize they won't. But the stuff in the game is really fun and silly and just remembering this is the game I started out with at age 14, it just came back to me. I played it for awhile, discovering all the EPs I didn't have a chance to play back then. Truly cool experience, but that's just me :)
  • Options
    Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    I played the sims 1 since I got it in 2002. I've taken breaks but never really stopped. I've played the sims 2 since I got it... again I took some breaks but never really stopped playing. I played sims 3 and, eh... it's not a favorite. I imagine sims 4 will end up in that mix somehow.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Still playing sims 3 because I love the families I've got going and they are still growing and growing. With the travel mod I am going to spread the family out. Which reminds me of sims 4 and how I love how we can travel between the 2 different worlds. I can't wait to see what other worlds, interactions, supernaturals EA are going to give us. I have not tried for baby with my sims yet. Way to early to take care of kids right now. It wears me out just thinking about it. lol I'll wait until both parents are at level 5 in their careers first.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I have played all 4 versions, besides the game running awful most of the time Sims 3 is my favorite, I still play it and always will. I have high hopes that the Sims 4 will have so many improvements it will turn out to be an awesome game.
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    I played Sims 2 whilst waiting for Sims 4 to come out but when I was waiting for Sims 3 to come out, I couldn't play Sims 2 because Sims 3 was such a big game changer. I don't play Sims 3 as much I would like to but that's because it has never run superbly well. I hate the stuttering that I had in Sims 3 and it ruined the fun of it. It would be manageable stutter for a few generations and then be so annoying that the only way to fix it was to move the household to another neighbourhood. It doesn't work well enough on my personal laptop as it does on my sister's (and she's put her laptop either in her car boot or upstairs in her room so I can't get to it). Sims 3 only seems to work amazingly for computers, so having a laptop and being a Sims lover is tough.

So basically, I'm never going to be fed up with the Sims, as long as it stays entertaining with "thousands of possibilities". I can see myself getting somewhat 'bored' with Sims 4 and reverting back to Sims 2 if there isn't an expansion or stuff pack or free downloads in the next, oooh 2-3 months? I haven't played Sims 1 in years but I do own it, just not installed right now.
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    I feel torn, when I fell deeper in love with Sims 3, I just couldn't get into 2 as much anymore..

Now with 4 being out, I feel like playing it would be cheating on 3..

Though I don't have 4 yet, I still feel all mixed up inside!!

It's crazy how you can go through relationship drama with these games! Who needs a boyfriend when my plate is full already? ...*scratches head *
  • Options
    MonkeeGoddessMonkeeGoddess Posts: 315 Member
    I've played since 2000 and the first Sims game. But The Sims 2 was my all time favorite game. I still play it thanks to the UC. I never clicked with The Sims 3. I got all the EPs (through gifts and my own compulsive need to have it all) but it just gave me the same feeling I had with The Sims 2. I played The Sims 3 for awhile off and on and then the UC came out for The Sims 2 and I didn't look back. I think it wasn't until I got my new computer that I even opened it up again. And I only played for a day until The Sims 4 came out. I tried to go back to The Sims 3 but I just can't. The Sims 4 is better in every way.
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    A maniac's new love song.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,
    Cause I have lost my way.

• Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I can never go back, either, but TS4 might be the first game that makes me feel like I should.

TS2 was my favorite of the series, but the loading screens and lack of time syncing really messed up the enjoyment. TS3 changed that and brought about advancements that were awesome. Once I knew what an open world was, there was no going back to TS2. I tried because, even though TS3 made some really good changes, they forgot to upgrade the sims. So I got bored and tried to go back and play TS2, but just couldn't.

Now here we are at TS4 and overall, it's missing some key features of progression. Sure it runs smoother, but I've already had a couple of crashes and major bugs causing a whole family to disappear, even the ones living in other houses that were married to other sims. So the fact that my game still crashes like TS3 and has worse bugs than TS3, plus it's lacking major upgrades that TS3 has, means that I won't really have a problem going back and playing it.

I love Sims3, the aging up, knowing who was your Grandma, sister, etc, open world, careers, I could go on and on but I wont :p

Sorry you lost your family in Sims4, I have not had a problem YET! Upgrades will come, just going to have to wait a while!

Thanks for your reply and Happy Simming B)

• Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    I played sims 2 and 3. Three is by far my favorite because of the open world and CASt. I am not very happy with sims 4 and will probably go back to 3, at least until some expansions are out that, hopefully, improve sims 4.
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I won't go back to TS3; never liked it that much, and find TS4 superior. May go back and forth between TS4 and TS2; I still have great love for TS2. Have not played TS1 in ages, but have thought about installing just for old time's sake. I don't think I'll ever outgrow the Sims. I have told my grown children that when they put me in a nursing home, I'll need my gaming rig and an internet connection.

LOL, yes, my kids said when I die they will put the Sims in with me! I told them they better stick with base games, there is not enough room for me if they put in all my expansions, stuff packs etc!

:o I did the digital download of Sims4, I wonder what that means? :s

Thanks for your reply and Happy Simming B)
  • Options
    jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    op is right. I can't play sims 2. and I haven't tried sims 3 since 4 came out. I have 100 hours in and the good features are good enough for me not to go back. but I do miss a lot of things in 3.