Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a list of objects that affect emotions?

Just wondering if there is a list somewhere that contains the objects and effects on a sim's emotions/moods.
eg. Tea Machine:
Oolong - Heightens Metabolism
Pitch Black - Focused
Steamy Ginseng - Flirty
Calming Chamomile - ???
Earl Grey - Confident

If not, could you please share what you have found here.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    I've activated the emotional aura in some paintings that my sims painted while in a particular mood. That's fun!
  • Options
    Melbana9Melbana9 Posts: 262 Member
    yes there is if you have Your sim digging up rocks, they can have helping moods, :D sorry bad english
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Each career track has a specific emotion it prefers and it seems every item for a specific career track has the emotional aura tied to that career.

Example: Writer career track prefers the inspired emotion and so career rewards will have the inspired aura.

That deals with a lot of the aura items, I think. Oh and there the reward lamps from having the different sims 3 EPs.

Others I know of:

Crystals give the energised aura
    MySims trophies give the playful aura
    The legendary date champagne bucket gives the flirty aura
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Elements give focused, postcards give inspired. The Entertainer reward stereo gives energized.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    klenaklena Posts: 51 Member
    What about other buyable items other than the shower and the tea machine?
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    If you have the Sims 3 and it's eps registered on your Origin account, there are several rewards that you can unlock. They're little plumbob lamps and each one gives a boost to a particular emotion. :)
  • Options
    klenaklena Posts: 51 Member
    With the original Sims and Sims 2, I bought everything but Sims 3 I kinda give up after 2 expansion pack so I only have 3 of those plumbobs.

Anything else in the buyable items in build mode?
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    edited March 2015
    I would love to have a list of objects and their emotions. I was looking, but no luck so far. Little collectable figures you discover from digging have auras you can activate as well. Their bases are different colors and I think the colors are associated with their auras, but haven't tried yet.

The collectable figures all have the "playful" aura.
    Post edited by sooozeeebeee on
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Oh, playing with the clay toy makes your sim focused. Browsing Simipedia gives focused too. A lot of the items you dig up you can send off to the geological council, which will give you an element version of it. They're these little cubes that you can put down on shelves and in a periodic table type object. Those will make you focused as well.
  • Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    edited September 2014
    I would also like to see a list of objects and corresponding auras. I've googled for it but no luck so far...

EDIT: I mean the objects that come with the option "Enable Emotional Aura".
    Post edited by SimCarlex on
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Calming Chamomile=Inspired :)
    Also all the exercise equipment= energized
    Chess table= focused
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    THIS is something I wish they had put in the game guide. Instead of a whole chapter devoted to lists of build/buy mode items, can we please have some concrete info on emotional auras and such. Geez.
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    So funny because last night I was trying to find a list of what actions produce what emotions and couldn't find one. My thoughts while searching was....a game based on emotions, yet no information about emotions! :D
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I would love a list. the items we receive from careers or such I have no clue what they emit i would love a tool tip that includes it
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    just noticed this thread is months old
  • Options
    MaeveAlleineMaeveAlleine Posts: 20 Member
    You may be necroposting, however a chart of emotional aura giving objects is still needed. Anyone get a chance to make one yet?
  • Options
    MaeveAlleineMaeveAlleine Posts: 20 Member
    I found a link but this site won't let me post it. That's kind of sad, since I've been a Sims fan since 1. Oh well...
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,760 Member
    The plumbob looking lamps also give off auras. Those of us who bought EPs for Sims3 were awarded them. I'm not too fond of their look, however, I use them and enable the emotions to help my Sims out. And, as others have stated, there are certain career awards that will give off emotional influence. And, if you throw parties and earn a high score, some of the rewards are also useful to this end. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    We should try to make a list as a group
    21mbz47.jpg