Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA you are unbelievable.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    [/list]
    So the original sims had 7 expansions, sims 2 had 18, and sims 3 had 20, I imagine Sims 4 will have something like 22 expansions before they decide to do a sims 5.

and I own nearly all of them! :o
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    smoogie wrote: »
    [/list]
    So the original sims had 7 expansions, sims 2 had 18, and sims 3 had 20, I imagine Sims 4 will have something like 22 expansions before they decide to do a sims 5.

Try not to think about the amount of money you've spent on Sims. It's like me avoiding ever looking at my purchases tab in League of Legends due to skins.

The horror!
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    I'm actually really happy with the sims 4. It's not so buggy as to be entirely unplayable and I'm enjoying it. I was just thinking about how the games have been doing not-as-well as the previous one but still quite well.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Leo_Gruen wrote: »
    I'm actually really happy with the sims 4. It's not so buggy as to be entirely unplayable and I'm enjoying it. I was just thinking about how the games have been doing not-as-well as the previous one but still quite well.

Yeah I'm loving sims 4 as well. I think the main issue is some people went into sims 4 already bitter about no toddlers and pools and already had it prejudged and that is a mistake. Sims 2 base game had less than the fully expanded sims 1. Sims 3 had a similar launch as sims 4 is having now. Hell, pools didn't even have diving boards in the sims 3 base game. Diving Boards came into that game in seasons.

Thus far Sims 4 has been very stable for me. I encountered my very very first crash yesterday evening. But luckily my save point wasn't too far behind that point and was able to throw a gold medal wedding and get my sim wife pregnant again and finish the milestones without issues. Sims 3 base game, took forever to load, and if you left the lot, you found yourself waiting for textures to load at your new destination. But sims 4 solves this with a very fast load screen. My load times last time I timed them was between 1 and 2 minutes.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    I think people went in bitter and I think people don't realize that Sims 3 is sort of the 'odd one out' comparing to the other two as far as how it handled a lot of things. It plays very very differently from the first two to the point where if you try to compare them it sounds like you're describing entirely different games, while you can explain 1, 2 and 4 in ways that make them sound like the same game.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    edited September 2014
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 with EA?
    Would be like if Windows 7 and later never be developed due the epic fail of Vista
  • Options
    I think people went in bitter and I think people don't realize that Sims 3 is sort of the 'odd one out' comparing to the other two as far as how it handled a lot of things. It plays very very differently from the first two to the point where if you try to compare them it sounds like you're describing entirely different games, while you can explain 1, 2 and 4 in ways that make them sound like the same game.

Getting used to that open world system and losing it is admittedly a pretty tall order in some ways.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    [/list]

Try not to think about the amount of money you've spent on Sims. It's like me avoiding ever looking at my purchases tab in League of Legends due to skins.

The horror!

I have stopped buy The Sims now myself, instead of 70quid on TS4, I am saving my money on other things. In fact other than The Sims the only game I brought in the last few years was Tomb Raider and Core Design have had a few digs from me as well...
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    To be honest I highly doubt they'll just pull the plug on one of the most successful and biggest selling game series of all time. Even if 4 doesn't do so well (which I think it will, eventually).

Exactly, they're just saying this to blackmail their fans into buying 4. They know it's not doing as well as their previous iterations. I don't know if their sales exclude the people who have returned it?

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    The franchise is worth a lot of money. The copyright and the trademark can be transferred in a business deal. Yes, I am aware of their history, but I am also aware that they like money.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    The franchise is worth a lot of money. The copyright and the trademark can be transferred in a business deal. Yes, I am aware of their history, but I am also aware that they like money.

It would come down to 1) is EA no longer interested in maintaining it 2) what other publisher would pony up that money for the franchise THEN do something with it that's more meaningful than it's current existence.

Activision picking it up would probably cheese half the populace in one fell swoop. 2K would be the only other contender I think would do something great with it. Couldn't see Valve making a move for it.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member

Getting used to that open world system and losing it is admittedly a pretty tall order in some ways.

The open would would of been alright, if it actually ran smooth, and like sims 4, actually had sims visiting public venues like the park. One time in sims 3, I started up a new world, bridgeport, and created a male sim who wanted to woohoo in 5 different places with 5 different sims. Well I took it further and had him trying for babies with them. He had the potions, the genie wish, you name it, he had it and was almost 100% successful. The problem came in actually finding marks! Went to the park one afternoon, no one there. Went to a hangout. No one there. Went to the usual tavern, there was the now pregnant celebrity he was with a few evenings earlier.

This game, if I decided to remake that sim, I could be very very successful at finding marks for him lol.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options

I never quite got used to it, myself...
    leo3487 wrote: »
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 with EA?
    Would be like if Windows 7 and later never be developed due the epic fail of Vista
    You will be shocked to learn Windows7 is just Vista in a new box. Also it's not actually MS's fault Vista failed. PC manufacturers took legacy hardware intended for the last XP systems and installed Vista on hardware it didn't properly support. 7 added back in legacy support because people weren't ready to give up all of it yet... but otherwise 7 is just an alternate distribution of Vista.

• Options

The open would would of been alright, if it actually ran smooth, and like sims 4, actually had sims visiting public venues like the park. One time in sims 3, I started up a new world, bridgeport, and created a male sim who wanted to woohoo in 5 different places with 5 different sims. Well I took it further and had him trying for babies with them. He had the potions, the genie wish, you name it, he had it and was almost 100% successful. The problem came in actually finding marks! Went to the park one afternoon, no one there. Went to a hangout. No one there. Went to the usual tavern, there was the now pregnant celebrity he was with a few evenings earlier.

This game, if I decided to remake that sim, I could be very very successful at finding marks for him lol.

I hear you - it was the drawback for me too. Liked the open world, hated the load time/performance problems with the engine that backed it plus the really empty community lots.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Yeah and I never killed Bob Newbie every which way possible!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    FirelloFirello Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @nilanius said:
    > So the original sims had 7 expansions, sims 2 had 18, and sims 3 had 20, I imagine Sims 4 will have something like 22 expansions before they decide to do a sims 5.

I think, they can't rise the number to infinity :-)
    sigv2.jpg
    Please be patient with my English *** European simmer since TS1

• Options
    ThoddyEAThoddyEA Posts: 108 Member
    I'm from the UK myself and not brought the game lol but only time will tell if it is a 'success' or not. Way to early to be even talking about TS5!

What is "success" ? The game sold tons of copies. Just the 140.000 players at peak (concurrent online only) would make it a "success". And this series will run years to come. This game is a success right now.

This poster is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Firello wrote: »
    > @nilanius said:<br />
    > So the original sims had 7 expansions, sims 2 had 18, and sims 3 had 20, I imagine Sims 4 will have something like 22 expansions before they decide to do a sims 5.<br />
    <br />
    I think, they can't rise the number to infinity :-)<br />
    <br />
    test

what about beyond?
  • Options

I hear you - it was the drawback for me too. Liked the open world, hated the load time/performance problems with the engine that backed it plus the really empty community lots.

That's one reason I never took to it. Even without loading screens you can't really pop between lots that are far away. The loading times between seeing what's going on at home and then what's going on with even one other sim at the park was annoying. Now, if the game kept all lots with active sims loaded I probably would have taken more to the game, but I wasn't thrilled about only playing one household, let alone then being asked to focus on one specific sim at a time! I didn't learn to manage a 32 sim household in sims 2 for this!
  • Options
    Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    There will be a Sims 5, and probably a Sims 6, 7, and 8, too. EA will not stop because if they do, that's no money. I mean, I love EA for bringing these awesome games out, and I just know that #4 is gonna be mega with all the expansions, but you've got to admit, the company is money hungry. If there's money to be made, they'll do whatever it takes. Don't worry. They're probably already working on #5, even though they've stated they aren't.
  • Options
    I think for them to absolutely cut the franchise the game would have to do worse than it already has. Games have bounced back from much worse than this (Blizzard...).
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2014
    Will Sims 4 really be unsuccessful after the sure 11+ expansion packs?
    Come on now.

Plus the reviews giving negative criticisms are usually by those who haven't spent too much time with the game, those who are on some "Evil EA" meme kick, or just idiotic.

And the positive ones are on the EA dole? Give me a break. It's a cute game, but it's not a groundbreaking title, either. Who knows, might get better over time.

If it doesn't 'succeed' financially (How can it not? Games don't have to be great to be profitable), then they clean house and start with a new crew. The last Star Trek Movie with Berman at the helm didn't do well at all. What did Paramount do? They waited a few year for the stink to wear-off, and then hired fresh face to reboot the franchise. Not a bad job of it (not perfect, but what is?).
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg