Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitches with Aging and cutlery

Has anyone else had these problems?

I had my first baby in the game and wanted the age up process to be natural. Although the babies birthday came and went without the baby aging up. Is this suppose to happen? Do we have to always age up the Sims.

Also, I accidentally aged up the parent when I meant to age up baby. The Baby is not a playable Sim and you can't see the babies needs. So when the it was time to take the baby to the Cake the only option was to use the parent to click the birthday cake. In Sims 3 after selecting the cake and blow out candles you had the option to select which sim would do this. That was not the case in Sims 4.

I have noticed a couple of glitches, that are not too troublesome, but they probably should be fixed. A couple of times my sims carried their fork around with them after finishing a meal, and one time my painter sim carried the paint brush around with her.

So far I like the game, but really hope they come out with a MAC version really soon. I installed the game on my MAC through BootCamp, but I really hate having to use Windows again. The thing is I LOVE SIMS more than I hate windows which is why I did it.

I would love to hear what other glitches or other oddities everything is experiencing with this game.

Comments

• Options
    TevinFergTevinFerg Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2014
    My sim walks around with fork/knife stuck to hand, also. I thought it would leave over night, and messed around and saved. It's still on her hand. will it ever go away? im still in awe mode of "new game" lol to care though. When it hits...... im going to be going crazy til she gets rid of it! lol
  • Options
    zMightyMoosezzMightyMoosez Posts: 64 Member
    I've had the cutlery problem.

I've also had a glitch with that corner bathtub, where I stays on even when it's not in use. Restarting/exiting to menu seems to be the only way to fix it.
    tumblr_inline_mmg7gkar3b1qz4rgp.gif
  • Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    i had the fork/knife stuck problem but instead of restarting the game i just did the traveling and when i returned back the problem was solved
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    TevinFerg wrote: »
    My sim walks around with fork/knife stuck to hand, also. I thought it would leave over night, and messed around and saved. It's still on her hand. will it ever go away? im still in awe mode of "new game" lol to care though. When it hits...... im going to be going crazy til she gets rid of it! lol

Perhaps she has a fork fetish? XD
  • Options
    msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    TevinFerg wrote: »

@TevinFerg, mine went away, but I think it might have been after I shut down and restarted the game. I hope that works for you.
  • Options
    OldFashionedDonutOldFashionedDonut Posts: 108 Member
    > @msarobix said:
    > Has anyone else had these problems?
    >
    > I had my first baby in the game and wanted the age up process to be natural. Although the babies birthday came and went without the baby aging up. Is this suppose to happen? Do we have to always age up the Sims.
    >
    > Also, I accidentally aged up the parent when I meant to age up baby. The Baby is not a playable Sim and you can't see the babies needs. So when the it was time to take the baby to the Cake the only option was to use the parent to click the birthday cake. In Sims 3 after selecting the cake and blow out candles you had the option to select which sim would do this. That was not the case in Sims 4.

The baby had an age up option on the crib for me. I was able to age it up that way.
  • Options
    anoses wrote: »
    i had the fork/knife stuck problem but instead of restarting the game i just did the traveling and when i returned back the problem was solved

@anoses, that is good to know thanks.

• Options
    >
    The baby had an age up option on the crib for me. I was able to age it up that way.

@OldFashionedDonut, yeah, I had that also, but I wanted it to happen naturally.

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    I thought I had the same issue with my baby not aging up then remembered I had the aging off so I could get the parents up in their job! LOL Geez was watching that crib like a buzzard! :p Turned the aging on and bingo Child!!

As to the fork issue mine was a pot. I just took my sim to the dresser and planned an outfit and it was gone when she came back. Did a search and this seems to be one of the ways to fix sticky fingers! :p The other is traveling that has already been posted! :)

Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    My sim ran around with a knife in his hand for a long while. I was worried. I thought that he might've had the hidden serial killer trait.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    My Sim had his guitar stuck to his hand after writing a composition. Went to work that way, came home that way. I can't remember what I did to solve it -- I think maybe I just had him play again. Now he won't keep the darned thing in inventory on his own. Anyway, I know that won't help with cutlery, but it looked really odd.
  • Options
    Terrylin wrote: »
    I thought I had the same issue with my baby not aging up then remembered I had the aging off so I could get the parents up in their job! LOL Geez was watching that crib like a buzzard! :p Turned the aging on and bingo Child!!

As to the fork issue mine was a pot. I just took my sim to the dresser and planned an outfit and it was gone when she came back. Did a search and this seems to be one of the ways to fix sticky fingers! :p The other is traveling that has already been posted! :)

Happy Simming! :D

@Terrylin, Okay, maybe I need to check to make sure that I don't have aging turned off, maybe I had it turned off and didn't realize it. I went through the game options pretty fast. Thanks. And thanks for the other tips about the sticky fingers.

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I had the cutlery and artist problems also. But the good thing is, rebooting the game fixed the issues.

As far as the baby aging goes, I let the babies stay babies only for a couple of days then age them up. I never did babies or toddlers well in the sims 3, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    @bshag4lv, I never liked the babies either. Toddlers were fun, but I always shortened that life stage. My typical set up for Babies was 2 days and toddlers no more than 5, sometimes it took that long to train them, but it did get old after the second kid.