The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Frog Breeding

Comments

• Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    KlrSims wrote: »
    Thank You :)

np, I hope it helps

gosh, I hope lady8jane doesn't hate me for wrecking up her thread..I seem to be doing that lately..Sigh
  • Options
    KlrSimsKlrSims Posts: 185 Member
    > @LadyVampiress said:
    > KlrSims wrote: »
    >
    > Thank You :)
    >
    > np, I hope it helps
    >
    > gosh, I hope lady8jane doesn't hate me for wrecking up her thread..I seem to be doing that lately..Sigh

Yes thank you! I finally completed the gardening collection!! and ooohhhhh true we should have done private messaging lol :) she can delete our conversation if she wants to
  • Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    I don't mind at all as I'm looking for those three too. :D Thanks @LadyVampiress!
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    @LadyVampiress<br />
    Just keep trying :) I'm sure it'll happen. I've been working on these collections for days now lol! I have 10/13 complete but I cant complete the plant collection unless they find a fix for the grafting bug

no,no, I made the discover for the bullseye frog. by cross breeding Eggplant Whirl Frog + Spotted Heart Frog = Bullseye Frog ..I just making sure it works for others

There are a couple different combinations for getting the Bullseye frog.
    I have been posting as I've done the breeding.
    Like breeding the Sunflower Frog with Hypno will get you either another Hypno or WhirlyFlower.

I haven't tried putting frogs into more than one sims inventory to see if breeding can be done by 2 different sims as it's grayed out for a time after you do bred. Make sense?

I really really wish they didn't have to be in inventory but just displayed better.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing this thread! I am now off to start a frog farm.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    @LadyVampiress<br />
    Just keep trying :) I'm sure it'll happen. I've been working on these collections for days now lol! I have 10/13 complete but I cant complete the plant collection unless they find a fix for the grafting bug

no,no, I made the discover for the bullseye frog. by cross breeding Eggplant Whirl Frog + Spotted Heart Frog = Bullseye Frog ..I just making sure it works for others

Like breeding the Sunflower Frog with Hypno will get you either another Hypno or WhirlyFlower.

I haven't tried putting frogs into more than one sims inventory to see if breeding can be done by 2 different sims as it's grayed out for a time after you do bred. Make sense?

I really really wish they didn't have to be in inventory but just displayed better.

I figured as much there was more combination on cross breeding frogs like Bullseye , I didn't know if cross breeding was random (1 hit wonders ) or do the same 2 frog multiple time and get same result. At that time I didn't have alot of frogs my sims inventory, I was just randomly clicking frogs and Blam! Bullseye.
  • Options
    lady8jane wrote: »
    I don't mind at all as I'm looking for those three too. :D Thanks @LadyVampiress!

np .. :)

• Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member

I agree, that's the only thing about this that I don't like so much. I'd like to show off my frog collection!
  • Options
    @LadyVampiress<br />

I figured as much there was more combination on cross breeding frogs like Bullseye , I didn't know if cross breeding was random (1 hit wonders ) or do the same 2 frog multiple time and get same result. At that time I didn't have alot of frogs my sims inventory, I was just randomly clicking frogs and Blam! Bullseye.

There are a couple that multiple results. I've seen 2 so far.
    I have all of them now so when I do breed it's for profit. :)

• Options
    SindiDollSindiDoll Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have been random breeding until I realised I only had 2 to go, then I started experimenting. I havent got far, but decided to come look for help. I was (and still am) missing the Leaf Frog, so I took your list and scrolled down to find how to make one.

You say...
    Eggplant Frog + Spotted Leaf Frog = Leaf Frog

What really happened...
    Eggplant Frog + Spotted Leaf Frog = Leopard Frog.

The only thing I could say is that perhaps the starting frog makes a difference? ie I started with the Spotted Leaf Frog, and bred it with the Eggplant frog, not the other way around.

*edit to add my failed attempts*
    Here is my small list of failed attempts (I have barely got started!)
    Tiger + bullseye = bullseye
    hypno + bullseye = hypno
    Tiger + hypno = Tiger frog
    Whirlyflower + heart = heart
    Tiger + leopard = Tiger
    Sunflower + Surfer leaf = surfer leaf
    Bullseye + heart = heart
    Sunflower + Leopard = Sunflower
    Leopard + Whirlyflower = whirlyflower
  • Options
    With making list and tracking the breeding I have found that there is more than one outcome with several frogs.

Example: Leopard/WhirlyFlower you would get either WhirlyFlower or Leopard.

• Options
    SimLeighPLSimLeighPL Posts: 6 New Member
    I tried these combinations from the first post but most of them give a different result. :/
  • Options
    Update. I forgot all about the frog breeding since my last post, but I just came back to it now and decided to have another go at getting that leaf frog.

So last time you said
    Eggplant Frog + Spotted Leaf Frog = Leaf Frog

What really happened...
    Eggplant Frog + Spotted Leaf Frog = Leopard Frog.

This time ....
    Spotted Leaf Frog + Eggplant frog = Leaf frog.

YAY! I got it... so it seems that it does make a difference who the starter frog is. How sure are you that when you made the list originally, Eggplant was first? Was this random, or is the starter frog important?

To test this theory, I am going to see what happens with the only other frog I am missing... Surfer Eggplant Frog

You say...
    Eggplant Frog + Surfer Leaf Frog = Surfer Eggplant Frog

What really happened...
    Eggplant Frog + Surfer Leaf Frog = Surfer Eggplant Frog
    Surfer Leaf Frog + Eggplant Frog = Leaf Frog

And since I have 1 spare sim to try the frog breeding with I thought I would try the SL frog + EP frog again to see if I got another leaf.... and I did! Which confirms my theory that actually A+B is not the same as B+A. Which means that all the Lists need to start again unless you are absolutely sure which order they were done in x :D (sorry)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    This is awesom. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I've bookmarked it for later reference.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    OMG, I didn't know we can breed frogs til now! :o
    Will try it when I get home.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    SimLeighPL wrote: »
    I tried these combinations from the first post but most of them give a different result. :/
    I don't think frog breeding follows a specific formula as suggested in the first post. I think it's more varied in terms of outcome. But that's just my perception of it.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    > @Nik24X7 said:
    > SimLeighPL wrote: »
    >
    > I tried these combinations from the first post but most of them give a different result. :/
    >
    > I don't think frog breeding follows a specific formula as suggested in the first post. I think it's more varied in terms of outcome. But that's just my perception of it.

Infact it does, but this post is still very much in its experimental stage, and is incomplete. Since I have completed my collection, I now breed for cash and have been noting my finds, because why not :) I have been working on all variations of the Eggplant Frog breeding (which is still incomplete). I have bred each possibility 3 times, to see the possible outcomes.

1st Eggplant + heart = Eggplant
    2nd Eggplant + heart = heart
    3rd Eggplant + heart = eggplant
    conclusion = this breeding pair does not work

1st Heart + Eggplant = heart
    2nd Heart + Eggplant = eggplant
    3rd Heart + Eggplant = heart
    conclusion = this breeding pair does not work

1st Eggplant + spotted heart = eggplant
    2nd Eggplant + spotted heart = spotted heart
    3rd Eggplant + spotted heart = heart
    conclusion = this breeding pair can give you the original parent (heart)

1st Spotted heart + eggplant = spotted heart
    2nd Spotted heart + eggplant = Spotted eggplant
    3rd Spotted heart + eggplant = heart
    conclusion = this breeding pair can give you the original parent (heart)

1st Eggplant + spotted leaf = leopard
    2nd Eggplant + spotted leaf = Spotted leaf
    3rd Eggplant + spotted leaf = spotted leaf
    conclusion = this breeding pair can give you a new frog (leopard)

1st Spotted leaf + eggplant = leaf frog
    2nd Spotted leaf + eggplant = eggplant
    3rd Spotted leaf + eggplant = Sunflower
    conclusion = this breeding pair can give you either the original parent (leaf) or a new frog (Sunflower)

1st Eggplant Frog + Surfer Leaf Frog = Surfer Eggplant
    2nd Eggplant Frog + Surfer Leaf Frog = Surfer Eggplant
    3rd Eggplant Frog + Surfer Leaf Frog = eggplant
    conclusion = this breeding pair can give you a new frog (surfer eggplant)

1st Surfer Leaf Frog + Eggplant Frog = Leaf Frog
    2nd Surfer Leaf Frog + Eggplant Frog = Leaf frog
    3rd Surfer Leaf Frog + Eggplant Frog = surfer leaf
    conclusion = this breeding pair can give you the original parent (Leaf)

1st Eggplant + spotted heart = Spotted Eggplant
    2nd Eggplant + spotted heart = heart
    3rd Eggplant + spotted heart = spotted heart
    conclusion = this breeding pair can give you either the original parent (heart) or a new frog (spotted eggplant)

1st Spotted Heart + Eggplant = spotted eggplant
    2nd Spotted Heart + Eggplant = spotted eggplant
    3rd Spotted Heart + Eggplant = spotted heart
    conclusion = this breeding pair can give you a new frog (spotted eggplant)

1st Eggplant + striped heart = eggplant
    2nd Eggplant + striped heart = striped heart
    3rd Eggplant + striped heart = striped eggplant
    conclusion = this breeding pair can give you a new frog (striped eggplant)
  • Options
    AeroSimmerAeroSimmer Posts: 212 Member
    Does anyone else find it disturbing you breed them in your inventory? Two frogs WooHoo'ing in my pocket... ew...
  • Options
    shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member

Thanks for this! I finally got my bullseye frog and completed my collection. That was driving me nuts. :)

"I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg
  • Options
    chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    Oh I didn't know you can breed frogs...lol thanks for the info. Now I wonder if there's a frog leg recipe.
  • Options
    katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    HAs anyone found a combo for sunsurfer that doesn't require having a sunsurfer? that is the last I need for my collection
  • Options
    katandmari wrote: »
    HAs anyone found a combo for sunsurfer that doesn't require having a sunsurfer? that is the last I need for my collection

have you try cross breeding Sunflower Frog with Surfer Leaf Frog ? its a guess
  • Options
    katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    katandmari wrote: »

have you try cross breeding Sunflower Frog with Surfer Leaf Frog ? its a guess

I will try that 2mrw, thanks

• Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited October 2014
    Just finished my frog collection and decided to post pictures of them as a key for others to see what they still need to complete their collection. I hope my explanations will help frog breeders out there!

I discovered that there are 5 groups of patterns, and 5 main colors, for a total of 25 frogs. So, there are the same five main colors in each pattern group. Knowing this should help you breed for the frogs you need, so try concentrating on selecting combinations for color and pattern. Some results could be random, but it sure helped me.

For example, I was trying to breed for the Dirtwhirl Frog. Here in this thread on first page, it said to try breeding a Spotted Leaf to a Striped Dirt. I tried that five times, even switching the order, too, but never got my Dirtwhirl. After noticing the patterns and colors, I realized I'd probably never get a "whirl" pattern from crossing a Striped to a Spotted. So then, I tried crossing a (plain) Dirt to an Eggplant Whirl and finally I got my Dirtwhirl Frog on the first try!
    NOTE: There is NO Spotted Surfer Frog, which is mentioned in the first post.

So to break it down: Dirtwhirl Frog
    To get the color I needed: Dirt = (olive) and plain, no pattern
    To get the pattern I needed: Eggplant Whirl (Whirl for pattern; eggplant color is purple, so result could have been another Eggplant Whirl. I could have also tried to use another whirly-patterned frog.)

- The five patterns are: Plain, Striped, Spotted, Whirly, Wavy
    - The five colors are: Green, Yellow, Olive, Purple, Red

Here are the 5 pattern groups, each arranged in this color order: Green, Yellow, Olive, Purple, Red.
    I have named each frog for further identification.

PLAIN - Leaf (green), Sunflower(yellow), Dirt(olive), Eggplant(purple), Heart(red)
    10-04-14_2-13nbspPM_zps3e76714b.png

STRIPED - Striped Leaf, Tiger, Striped Dirt, Striped Eggplant, Striped Heart
    10-04-14_2-15nbspPM_zpsb4590684.png

SPOTTED - Spotted Leaf, Leopard, Spotted Dirt, Spotted Eggplant, Spotted Heart
    10-04-14_2-14nbspPM_zpsa3ccad44.png

WHIRLY - Hypno, Whirlyflower, Dirtwhirl, Eggplant Whirl, Bullseye
    10-04-14_2-14nbspPM-2_zps71e38981.png

WAVY - Surfer Leaf, Sunsurfer, Dirt Surfer, Surfer Eggplant, Heartsurfer
    10-04-14_2-16nbspPM_zps695fbe31.png
  • Options
    Thankyou Pamhamlet, I couldn't find the pattern or relevance to the breeding which was frustrating me :)