Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: A Fourth Dimension, Simulation

Hi, Simmers :)

I am posting this from my Sims 3 Blog because I'd like to spread these thoughts, and it would be good to hear your reactions and responses. Please: No speculation of the past, no criticism of other forum members, and no hate speech! Let's focus on the favorites, the present (“here and now”), and even aspirations for the future, if you desire to share.

First, The Sims 3:

As a computer animator, I find that The Sims 3 has truly been an impressive simulation game regarding its user interactivity/engagement, 3D animations, visual effects, procedural animation, processes, AI, lighting and textures, real time rendering, revolutionized gameplay, development of all aspects, and the list of goodness goes on and on.

Onto The Sims 4:

For an entire game (with an ongoing and nevertheless a timeless concept), whose components and mechanics are *built from scratch,* I am psyched to learn of the behind-the-scenes development that has been going into The Sims 4. I wonder about any interesting stories, nightmares, and successes of the development team of programmers, artists, conceptualists and animators. I'd love to know of interesting in-game progressive development formulae and functions that generate the game's content and storyline.

The development already sounds extremely complicated in many ways, considering its controversial project management processes, with many changes of direction, and the excessive amount of labor, time, trial and effort made by the team. Technical difficulties are *hard!* This is why their progress is tremendously appreciated, and worthy of applause, compensation and respect. So, kudos!

I'm very excited to experiment with the new game simulation engine. While awaiting the arrival of my Sims 4 game, I am already experimenting & brainstorming for making custom content for the game. Many thanks to the community managers for acknowledging and honoring our cravings to build, apply and play with custom content. I can only speak for myself, and I'm stoked!

What an intense roller coaster of learning experiences and an emotional journey, for the developers/artists, players, and the Sims.

Thanks for reading.

— sketches
Origin ID: sketchur
Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities

Comments

• Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    A follow-up post to the community:

Are you impressed or inspired by the technical and artistic achievements made by the Sims 4 team from scratch?

To me, it sounds like the team has been surviving a disastrous mess. Their strength and endurance through this challenging project sounds quite impressive, taking into account only the publicized working conditions, U-turns, detours and speed bumps. I could only imagine what other roadblocks the team overcame.

What is your favorite thing within the gameplay?

What is your favorite musical or sound-related aspect?

What is your favorite thing about the AI (artificial intelligence)?

And other favorites of The Sims 4?

Have any silly Sims 4 stories already to share? Post them here!
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities