Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story Progression?

As someone who loves using mods in game, yet has absolutely zero understanding of how they work, I thought this would be the best place to ask. Apologies if it's been asked before.

Obviously Twallan has retired from modding for The Sims *heart breaks,* and one of my favourite mods by them was Story Progression for TS3. It's very early days, but I was wondering if some skilled modders know whether a similar Story Progression mod for TS4 will be possible in the future?

As previously said, I'm totally clueless when it comes to how modding works so apologies if this seems like a really stupid question with an obvious yes or no answer.

Comments

• Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited September 2014
    I am not 100% sure but I think a basic version could be done. the npc sims already have programming to push them to visit lots and interact with each other so at least to my mind all that would be needed is adding things like getting jobs, getting married, and woohooing to that list.

I don't think it can be as advanced as Twallan's just because there isn't an actual in game story progression to build off but a basic version as said at least from my line of thinking should be possible.

Also there is a way to do basic story progression yourself. I'll post a link below.

http://www.simsvip.com/forums/threads/do-it-yourself-story-progression.354
  • Options
    hannahpracticehannahpractice Posts: 103 Member
    Thanks Celiria - I've been using that DIY Story Progression method since game release, it's good but it is unfortunately time consuming and tedious when I'd rather jump right into playing the game, but that's just my style of play :)
    Yeah, I didn't think it would be as simple as a SP mod for TS3, for that exact reason. Well, one can only hope and be patient I suppose! o:)
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    Over at Nraas one of the modders had mentioned that a mod for story progression may be possible. They don't have the game though and do not plan on modding for sims 4. Someone else will have to take on this challenge. I do notice that sims are progressing in skills in other households at least with the EA version, so at least there is something to jump off of.
    NraasSignature.png