Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod help

I downloaded three hairtyles from peggy zone and they won't show up on my sims but I still see the pictures. My sims come out bald instead. Please help me?

Also the game won't load when I use the teen pregnancy and marriage mods.

Comments

• Options
    unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Mod stuff seems to be a little messed up after the patch that was released tuesday. Check with the place you got your mods from and see if they say anything about patch compatibility or if they have released updates since you first downloaded them.

I'm having the same problem with peggyzone hair and I cannot figure out why. I got them working normally post-patch for all of ten minutes before I did something to break them again. :( Modded clothes or accessories are working fine, it's just the hair. I'm not sure it's necessarily patch related since others have reported no problems with their hairstyles.
  • Options
    WhiteRosesWhiteRoses Posts: 82 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I got the preggers mods working. DANG HAIR!
  • Options
    kae95kae95 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i have problems with the hair too they go bald :(
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I did some stuff yesterday and was able to bring back my hairstyles. No idea what exactly worked. Some of it might have just been voodoo, like removing the hairstyle files and then putting them back. I wish I had kept track of what exactly I did, maybe it would work for you.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, that worked. Well.. I started the game after I removed it the quit and put it back then it worked.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    And now it's not working again! My sims are all bald! :(
  • Options
    KittenKatKatyKittenKatKaty Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    So it's not just me then? I'm having the same issues; they worked just fine before the 1.4 patch, and now all the sudden they show up as bald in game. I tried deleting, re-downloading, all of my .package and my resource.cfg and still just bald :( Fail. How frustrating, especially with all of the new CC popping up now :/ I only have CC hair, but I'll try some clothes and see if I have any issues tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Nope, it's not just you; See here and here

I had really hoped someone would have been able to figure this out by now. It's kind of killing my interest in the game, along with how slow everything seems to be going now ever since I patched to 1.4. I'll load it up once or twice a day to see if my ladies are going to have hair today, but then I only play for maybe 10-15 minutes before I get bored and/or fed up.

I'm almost to the point of trying a fresh install, if I can figure out how to get back to the 1.2 update. But what I've been reading indicates that that might not be possible for Mac unless you backed up the whole game (program files and all) before installing 1.3, which of course I did not.
  • Options
    PurpleAmharicBunaPurpleAmharicBuna Posts: 624 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I haven't patched yet, because I have run out of bandwidth (due to watching cartoons for my course homework)
    I would like to see a return of the customisable tool they had in The Sims 2, where I would create Ethiopian-inspired outfits offline.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No, it's working again.
  • Options
    CourtneyyoxCourtneyyox Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm having the same problem, i have installed the patch 1.4, but it's done nothing, my custom hair(.package, .sim3pack works fine) still won't show up, while everything else does.
  • Options
    Ripley07Ripley07 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm almost to the point of trying a fresh install, if I can figure out how to get back to the 1.2 update. But what I've been reading indicates that that might not be possible for Mac unless you backed up the whole game (program files and all) before installing 1.3, which of course I did not.

If you do figure out how to get back to 1.2, please let us know. I have been searching since patch 1.3 and haven't found anything yet. I also really wish I had known to back up my game before that patch...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, i can tell you just reinstalling from the disc won't do it. I was immediately prompted to first update the Launcher (why they shipped a broken Mac version of the Launcher I'll never understand) and then immediately prompted again to install "a new update," but there was no mention of a version number or anything. So I did the whole reinstall process only to end up with the exact same version as before. At least it wasn't that much of a hassle, in the long run.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yep, yep, I tried that too. It installs just the newest patch :(

I love my mac, but I wish I had gotten Sims for windows. I'm finding the patch for windows all over the place!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It works on windows with the same disk. EDIT: I'm not talking about the hair, but the Sims 3 windows and Mac version are on the same disc

My game has gone he same as Courtneyox.

Everything else shows up except for the hair. Now matter how may times I take out the mods, start the game, quit the game, put the mods back in, and start the game, they don't work.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It was working yesterday though :O
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ripley07 wrote:
    Yep, yep, I tried that too. It installs just the newest patch :(

I love my mac, but I wish I had gotten Sims for windows. I'm finding the patch for windows all over the place!

If you have the retail disc and access to a Windows machine (or Boot Camp set up on your Mac) you can play Sims for Windows right now. Of course if you can do that you probably don't need to backtrack to the older patch since I don't think any Windows user has been having this same issue we are with the new patches.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If you reinstall, does that delete everything?
  • Options
    ScraverXScraverX Posts: 762 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Windows Users are having their own set of problems.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If you have the retail disc and access to a Windows machine (or Boot Camp set up on your Mac) you can play Sims for Windows right now. Of course if you can do that you probably don't need to backtrack to the older patch since I don't think any Windows user has been having this same issue we are with the new patches.

Thanks. Unfortunately for me, I bought my game online (from GameTree), so I only got the Mac version. I saw the game in the store and realized if I had just gone to the store to buy it then I could load it on our PC. Then I kicked myself, haha! Oh well!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    WhiteRoses, I reinstalled and still have my sims. I deleted The Sims 3 from the Applications folder & the game saved my stuff under Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3. I did back up CC before I reinstalled though.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Cool. Thanks.