Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Very Big Thank You

I wanted to thank despina53 for gifting me the "string of inspiration" from the Bohemian Garden set. I am so very very happy about that, lightning options are so wonderful. Feeling very inspired by it. It was so generous of you to just give it to me. And very unexpected. Thank you so very much again.

I hope this is an acceptable way to thank you for it.

Comments

• Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    This is very acceptable and you're very welcome :D . I'm a card-carrying member of the "Own the Store" Club so this really helps me with the urge to buy something B) .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    edited September 2014
    Wow, congratulations on carrying that card. And thank you again. I am now a little bit closer to getting the Bohemian Garden Set. And I really just love those lights on their own. I also enjoy buying from the store, but I can't spend too much money on the points. And being gifted something is such a wonderful feeling. I love the item even more now and will think of your generosity whenever I use the lights. :)
  • Options
    I wanted to add a huge thank you to @APotts for gifting me a beautiful chair, which was such a nice surprise. I love having these items in my games and being reminded of your generosity whenever I use them. :)
  • Options
    @APotts Thank you so much for the food processor. And I guess that really is spelled like the computer version. I had to check the item page there. :pensive:
    I came to realise that I absolutely adore kitchen sets and had to turn off shop mode in game to stop myself from purchasing way too many kitchen items at full price whenever I played. My last kitchen has the chair you gave me inside and on the balcony. And I am sure this processor will show up in the next one. ;)

It's strange that paying full price is much less bothersome if the item is for someone else isn't it? I definitely know that feeling. And I am very grateful you decided to spend some points on me and got me closer to my next kitchen set. :)
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    awellenbl wrote: »
    @APotts Thank you so much for the food processor. And I guess that really is spelled like the computer version. I had to check the item page there. :pensive:
    I came to realise that I absolutely adore kitchen sets and had to turn off shop mode in game to stop myself from purchasing way too many kitchen items at full price whenever I played. My last kitchen has the chair you gave me inside and on the balcony. And I am sure this processor will show up in the next one. ;)

It's strange that paying full price is much less bothersome if the item is for someone else isn't it? I definitely know that feeling. And I am very grateful you decided to spend some points on me and got me closer to my next kitchen set. :)

You are welcome, it made me happy to send you a little surprise to brighten your day. I also love kitchen sets, because many of my Sims are in the cooking career, so I like building them big kitchens.

I am a total bargain shopper, so if I could gift from the sale page it would be nice, because that would allow me to buy more gifts for more people, but since that is not the case I need to stretch those simpoints anyway I can. So the way I figure it, if I spend less on the last handful of items I have more simpoints that I can use towards gifting. :)

But yeah, I know I am being silly, but I suppose a part of me also knows that once I own everything I won't be able to use the MMAO machine ever again. :'( I don't know why that saddens me so much, since I should be relieved not to have to deal with that silly machine anymore, but still... well, I think you know what I mean. :'(
  • Options
    I totally do. In fact I just posted in the DD thread that I kinda really like that machine, in spite of some deals being not that great. :)

And the gift very much brightened my day, as I was hoping to find an EP on sale, because I promised my brother to go to Game Stop and get FIFA 15 for him. And they only had very few EPs at full price. I also already put it in my first kitchen, as the family I am currently playing decided they really needed their kitchen remodeled now. ;)

This store is a great thing for bargain shoppers, I think. I wish I had discovered it earlier. And that they would still make new items for the people who already own it all.
  • Options
    Thank you so much @APotts for surprising me with those lovely gifts again. I am still redecorating the same house and I really wanted the Haute Hip set for the bedroom. Now I might actually get it, before it stops being on sale.

You are really very kind, even when you the MMAO machine keeps being mean to you. ;)

And your messages that come with the gifts are completely lovely as well. I really want to be able to gift those exclusive items or extra MMAO tries. Maybe if I gifted them to you they would be nicer. :p
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @awellenbl - Well, I keep getting lucky with the bonus points, and I enjoy gifting more than I enjoy my standoff with MMAO, so gifting wins and MMAO is just going to have to do better if it wants me to buy those last 7 items. Plus I like your wishlist, you have a lot of my favorite items on it, so it's like I'm shopping vicariously through you. See this is what happens to ex-Daily Deal addicts when they finally own the store, and can't shop for themselves any longer. :D
  • Options
    My wishlist says thank you very much. ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @APotts Congratulations! The fantastic news that you beat the toymachine into submission reached me with a slew of wonderful gifts. :D Thank you so very much. I could pick up the Haute Hip set for the amazing price of 5 simpoints. :D

And it's wonderful and very much earned that your very last item was a freebie. Yay you! And thank you again for your generous gifts. I hope you will still be around, even if there are no more store deals for you to chase. :)

ETA: One of my kitchen is up on the DD! And because of you my CYS is low enough that it might be free. Yay. And I just noticed that you also gave me the whole Faire Folk Outdoor set. Thank you so so much. You rock!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @awellenbl -
    I am so glad, I had hoped that the gifts would help you get the Haute Hip set while it was still on sale, so that is great news. I also really love the Faire Folk Outdoor set, so I know you will have fun with it.

My final battle with MMAO was pretty funny. First I got 5 items in 1 offer for 22% off, so I bought that, but after that I kept passing on the final 3 items, because the discounts were all under 12%. My last offer was only 2 items at 22% off, so I went ahead and grabbed them, which refreshed my offers and gave me the freebie. I was very pleased about that. Since I have been such a devoted bargain shopper it just felt right that the last items was a freebie. :D

I will still pop in occasionally, and I can still collect bonus points and use them for gifting I guess, so I will be around. Perhaps not as much as I have been, since my schedule is going to be pretty heavy for a while, but I'll be peeking in whenever I have some free time. ; )
  • Options
    Your battle with the MMAO machine is awesome. So glad you were victorious in the end. I think you should get a costum title somewhere. Something like ToyMachineSlayer. :D And I was so happy to pick up Haute Hip. Paying 5 points for the whole set was so satisfying. And I got the kitchen for free on the DD, which also made Blast from the Past free. :D

I guess it's good that you have more time for other stuff now, especially if hectic times are coming up, but I will be looking forward to seeing your name pop up from time to time. :)
  • Options
    Thank you @wakawakachic101 for the lamp. :) It helped nicely with the CYS price for Drifter's Desire.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the hair, @missy2311. :D I will now definitely get Fanciful Fashion before the sale is over. That helped a lot with the price. :D

Unfortunately I can't really afford the things you are still missing, also I would love to gift you Midnight Hollow, because it is so awesome.
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    awellenbl wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the hair, @missy2311. :D I will now definitely get Fanciful Fashion before the sale is over. That helped a lot with the price. :D

Unfortunately I can't really afford the things you are still missing, also I would love to gift you Midnight Hollow, because it is so awesome.

You are very welcome. I'm glad you will be able to get Fanciful Fashion :)
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    I love seeing posts like this!! I am pretty new to the store...just about two or three weeks of really playing and buying a few things here and there. I just found out this week about the sim points that you can get watching ads!! I had no idea because of ad blocker plus, but it is really hard to figure out when you can find them or where!!

There are so many cool things on the store!! I am watching the daily deal like a hawk now, and am really hoping it is not going to end soon! I hear that it is on it's last round and when this is done, its over. I hope that is not the case..

I had never really gotten into the game as much as I have these past few weeks...I love my sims...even though they die sometimes due to my "what will happen when I do this?" Like I have learned when it is lightning outside....that is not a good time to repair a stove!!

I died..lol but I went back to my last save...I could not bear losing her!!

Sorry for chatting so much, I just was loving all the fun you guys were having..and had to say hi!!
  • Options
    Annie_HAnnie_H Posts: 90 Member
    This is awesome!
  • Options
    I wanted to add a very big thank you to @Aaronsims, @Fan00123, @kittykat8103 and the super generous @sadistwitch666. :D I got Homecoming from the DD just now, because of all your lovely gifts. You are all awesome. :D
  • Options
    And I am going to like your other posts now. @Annie_H so that you can be a member. ;)
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    Yay! Congrats on the set @awellenbl! You are very welcome! :D
    Thank you very, very much for the coat and jacket from Mother Russia! :D
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    You are very welcome, @KittyKat8103. Hope you can get the set when it shows up on the DD again. :)
  • Options
    AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    When I saw homecoming was coming up I was hoping you'd be on to see it! Glad you were able to finish. Thanks again for the goodies you gifted me. :smile:
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    Thank you so very much for the stone steps @awellenbl! You're so very kind and generous with all these gifts! So a very big thank you to YOU! :D;)
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You are both very welcome. :D

And I was very happy to find Homecoming on the DD with half an hour left when I logged on. Seeing my price after all these gifts was even better. :D
  • Options
    SadistWitch666SadistWitch666 Posts: 78 Member
    337132421.jpg
    28rgwnd.gif