Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open World Reform

landonsmithlandonsmith Posts: 81 Member
Why cant the Sims world use both Loading screens and an Open world at the same time?

What reform I am suggesting is:
-The world and Lots are "Technically" one, but still have neighborhoods separated by loading screens.
-the Sims will be able to step out of their lots, and walk to another lot (not simply teleporting there as it is now), with a super short loading while stepping off.
-the use of driving cars with real practical use like in The Sims 3
-when the Sims leave their lot onto the road. The technically leave the lot. However, the "Open world" should be considered its own "Imaginary Lot" that the sim enters after leaving their own lot and the sim leaves this "Imaginary lot" the minute they step onto another lot. meaning that Sims will be able to interact effectively (Unlike the sims 3)
-A loading screen will still present when the Sim steps into another Neighborhood (and in a sense, another "Immaginary lot". this Idea is to maintain balance and order within the Sims universe. preventing the game from being Overloaded

Comments

• Options
    daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    It would be nice. Dunno if they can make these changes. They seem to listen to feedback, at least. Maybe you should suggest that to the gurus and see what they answer at the monday chats
  • Options
    I am not 100% against Loading Screens, but my problem is, the The sims 4 makes me feel too secluded in the game
  • Options
    I like feeling secluded, lol. But I understand you. Once again, we should ask this in the monday chats and see how it goes. Will be nice if it's possible, eh?
  • Options
    how can I ask them on these chats?
  • Options
    they happen at mondays 9 am I think. There's a big post about it on the forum
  • Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    I would love that, I barely leave my lot in Sims 4. The loading screens are annoying.
    But sadly i'm afraid that it can't be changed :(
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited September 2014
    Perhaps allow the sections of the neighborhoods to be a little open, and then if you want to go to the "community lots" section you'd have a loading screen. similar to what someone said about "districts", I think that would have been just a bit better and make the transition back to the loading screen a little easier.

Edit: few spelling errors lol.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Klaw01Klaw01 Posts: 117 Member
    Not confirmed yet but at the source, story progression is already embedded but lacks a complete chain. Imagine a light switch fully wired, but the breaker is not active. There may also be ways to fully edit a neighborhood in developer mode. There are many interesting things & finding yet to come.

Again these are "theories" for now.
  • Options
    BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    Because they have a new engine and the architecture of the new engine does not allow for open world. They will be able to expand the map in the future but it will not be open world, according to them.

The game does not run on the same engine as previous Sims games did. That's why TS4 runs a lot better than TS3 and isn't a clustered mess of stuttering. If they used the open-world TS3 engine...we'd have the same issues with performance.
  • Options
    FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    I hope they add cars. It bugs me how they magically Teleport to the lot they want to travel to. It would also be better if a School bus picked up the kids.
    \cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
  • Options
    Klaw01Klaw01 Posts: 117 Member
    > @BWpunisher said:
    > Because they have a new engine and the architecture of the new engine does not allow for open world. They will be able to expand the map in the future but it will not be open world, according to them.
    >
    > The game does not run on the same engine as previous Sims games did. That's why TS4 runs a lot better than TS3 and isn't a clustered mess of stuttering. If they used the open-world TS3 engine...we'd have the same issues with performance.

I believe that's a true statement nothing suggests or points to a true open world ever being possible even at source, perhaps story progression in a closed world, yes.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Fleurkween wrote: »
    I hope they add cars. It bugs me how they magically Teleport to the lot they want to travel to. It would also be better if a School bus picked up the kids.

I never thought I would miss the carpool or school buses, but MAN, it's weird to see them just disappear and reappear.
  • Options
    Thats Why I asked to have the system reformed. Because I only play the Sims 4 like 3 minutes. When I had the Sims 3, I played it for Hours
  • Options
    I do notice some free world elements, but it just isnt enough for my taste it still make the worlds seem smaller than they actually are. Im sure they can do some reform on the game engine.