Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do YOU genuinely think of TS4 so far?

I'm not posting this to start a war between TS4 haters and TS4 lovers, I'm really just curious as to what Simmers who have been playing TS4 for the past couple of days think about it so far. Of course, there will probably be a lot of improvements and additions to this game, but we're not talking about the future, we're talking about the game that EA has JUST released and how it's holding up RIGHT now.

This is how I want you to reply:

-Tell me how long you have been involved in The Sims franchise (whether it's since TS1, TS2, TS3 or just starting out with TS4). Also mention if you were ever involved with and/or enjoyed additional Sims games besides the base games (i.e. console versions, apps, etc.)
-Did you pre-order your copy of TS4?
-How long has it been since you have been playing TS4?
-Name a couple of features that you really like about the game.
-However many features you had mentioned in the previous question, answer with the same amount of features that you dislike about the game.
-If you were talking to the CEO of EA right now, what are the top 3 features that you would demand to see in future expansions?
-And finally, tell me what you genuinely think of the game so far.

I'd really like to get a good idea of what individuals are experiencing, so this goes out to EVERYBODY who has been playing the game. Please, no arguing or rude remarks and try to organize your responses as efficiently as possible, I'm going to have a lot to read through.

Thanks guys, and happy Simming. :)

Comments

• Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    It's got a few kinks but overall I'm glad I got it.
  • Options
    nextfatalbreathnextfatalbreath Posts: 345 Member
    I've been playing since TS

Overall, I really enjoy sims 4 and I didn't even want to buy it. My beloved toddlers!!! :(((

I'd add toddlers, cars, and pools. But I'd make it so toddlers are as adorable and endearing as the children and make it so they can swim with their families!
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited September 2014
    1. I started out playing the sims 1 as a little girl, about 6 years old. And even back then I remember my first encounter with my first family. @_@ I burned the house down by the mistake and the parents died (okay not the best first impression xDD), but I grew from it learning from each mistake as i went. Now i'm stilll hooked.

2. Originally I did. I canceled my preorder because at first I didn't think I was ready and plus I used the money for a gift my anniversary with my boyfriend. However, in a crazy twist, he bought the sims 4 as an anniversary gift to me lol.

3. I liked CAS since the day they showed it and while playing it in the demo I felt even more excited about that part. I like that the children are much better in this game as well and have more skills for music too. I actually enjoy the new "life-like" sims as well. I didn't understand the hype about it at first, but after playing, I actually see it.

4. Toddlers goes without saying. Storyprogession i'll really miss, it was fun to see the kids move out the house and get married and have their own family. More community lots is another, I'd be a happy kitty if they even added some kind of mall where sims could buy everything they needed. Family Tree, I play with alot of generations, so this is a must. Those are the most missed. for me

5. More intuitive toddlers, if they can finally make an awesome child stage, then they can revamp the tots in an awesome way to. A waaay more challenging way because of the new "life-like" system. Finally have a University in town (a community college). Allow an option that would allow other sims around the neighborhood to marry and have children. I know they're small, but the little things matter to me the most.

6. It's really good, it has potential, but i'm waiting for a lot of other things to be added for my playstyle. Besides that it's a very nice start.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    MercyKillingMercyKilling Posts: 2 New Member
    While it's missing quite a few things I really liked about all the other sims titles......I find it moderately fun. I do like that it's much smoother running than Sims 3 right off the bat.
  • Options
    harryjames009harryjames009 Posts: 84 Member
    I like it. I have all the Sims 3 packs, and this is a nice new game which will take a different direction than Sims 3. Now I can play both, it's like having oysters and scallops.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    lynny wrote: »
    It's got a few kinks but overall I'm glad I got it.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Few hiccups that I hope are addressed quickly, but over all I am quite content
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I was not as excited for Sims 4 as I was Sims 3. And when they confirmed no toddlers, I went from "on the fence" to "not gonna buy". Then I calmed down and knew I'd buy it regardless because it is a Sims game, and I love my sims. But I still didn't think it would ever match up to my beloved Sims 3.

I have the game and at first I only slowly played. Wasn't real impressed. Then I started really playing. And, yeah I miss toddlers, but I am so loving this game. It has so many fun things to it. So many exciting things. I love the multi-tasking and collecting. I think this game has the potential to be the best Sims game put out. I'd rate it a 4.5 (losing .5 for no toddlers). I have yet to have a teen, but I really love the children and I even enjoy the babies.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Fullmetal1890PFullmetal1890P Posts: 708 Member
    Guys, could you also remember to include the questions that I had stated in the original post, like how long you've been with The Sims.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Guys, could you also remember to include the questions that I had stated in the original post, like how long you've been with The Sims.

oh sorry I'll add that right now o .o
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    1. I have been an obsessed player of The Sims since The Sims 1. I have played a few Sims console games but not as much as the PC ones. No apps.
    2. I pre-ordered a week before it came out (issues with $$$) I got the Origin Deluxe edition
    3. I work a lot but I've been trying to play The Sims 4 as much as possible.
    4. I really love the emotion system, how much more interactive the Sims are to each other. I honestly love the "neighborhood" system although I do think that they should limit the loading screens and add way more lots. I love that the game has so much more potential to be as good or better than some of my previous favorites. I love the food choices this time around. How the skills are set up. And of course, Build mode and CAS. I don't miss CASt, but a color wheel would be nice.
    5. I don't know if I can answer the same amount but after playing the game, I don't like how small the world is. I can kind of live with the neighborhoods being small but I wish there were more community lots. I don't like how dark my Sims are indoors. They're so beautiful I just want them to shine! So far these are my two biggest complaints.
    6. My priorities don't really harmonize with the majority of Sims fans but... Open for business, pools / vacations / travel, cities.
    7. I love the game so far but I can see how some people can get bored. I don't because I have all kinds of play styles and I don't care about customizing every little thing. Of course, like all Sims base games, it needs improvement but that's what the EPs are for and that is what I look forward to the most.
  • Options
    CoolLlamaCoolLlama Posts: 419 Member
    edited September 2014
    1. I've been playing sims for 3 years or so, which isn't as long as some other people here, but I've played a bit of Sims 2 and quite a lot of Sims 3 and I've loved both games a lot so I was really excited when I pre-ordered TS4. I've never got any of the apps/ console games.

2. I pre-ordered it the night before as I was broke

3. I only got it on the 5th as I live in the UK, but I've have been playing pretty much non stop (oops)

4. Like some other people, I was kinda put off when I saw the list of all the things that weren't going to be included in TS4, and I also wasn't sure if I was going to like the whole thing about the sims having emotions, but so far I am genuinely really enjoying the game! I had no idea how what mood your sim is in would affect gameplay as much as it does, so that is a feature I really like. I also like the feature with social events where it gives you little tasks to do and you gain a medal depending on whether you complete them or not, which I think is a lot better than how it worked with TS3.

5.Probably like a lot of other people, I'm slightly disappointed that we no longer have an open world which is a feature I really loved about TS3 and I also wish we had a LOT more lots.

6.If I was to speak to the CEO of EA, I'd maybe ask for some more career options as personally I would have liked to see some more 'normal' jobs like doctors but I'm excited to see what they will bring out with future SP and EPs.

7. Overall, there are a few things I think need to be addressed but I'm very glad I bought it.

Happy Simming :smile:
  • Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I have been playing since Sims 1, up to this point I have pretty much everything for all previous versions of the game. I also have played both of the Sims games that came out for my gameboy The Sims 2 and the Sims Bustin out.
    I did preorder and I am really happy I did, but I did order from Amazon and not Origin.
    I started playing Sims 4 the day it was released.
    I love the game runs way better than the Sims 3 on my laptop. They have done a way better job with the hair and clothes than any other base game.
    I miss having a basement and the world is way too small.
    My must see things I need to return weather, I can't believe how much I miss it. A vacation destination package. A whole toddler package would be great.
    I really like the Sims 4, it runs very well on my computer. The game play is fun and I don't even mind the loading screens. I wish there were a wider variety of jobs but I'm sure more will be added.
  • Options
    DiedrupoDiedrupo Posts: 206 Member
    It's a pretty solid game that has room for improvement. Hopefully we will be getting some expansion packs/patches/store content soon as well.
  • Options
    TyaFTyaF Posts: 8 New Member
    Involved since Sims 1 launch - many moons ago

I did per-order a few days before it came out. I was really looking forward to Sims 4 until I started to see the scripted plays, with all the "bros" features. Granted I understand that some men would like to play that way, personally for myself, no. This is nothing against Ryan or Graham, but it was too one-sided.

Once the live game play, unscripted, was broadcasted and I watched the building tools, I knew then I would purchase. The final live game play I think it was on Monday, seeing the developers laugh and have fun, their passion and excitement, was infectious. I think this is what the sim community wants to see in game play or live broadcasts from the EA/Maxis team. Show us your excitement in an unscripted environment because its contagious. Show off your hard work down to how versatile your can now make your kitchens. ( learned this last night and i was almost jumping out of my chair)

I really can't pin point a few features that I like. Everything about Sims 4 I enjoy. Down to my sims cutting their finger while learning to cook , to weight gain, and large bills.

The features I would like to see, toddlers making a reappearance. its a very cute and innocent life stage, understandable why its not in the base game. Its very complex animation system. Definitely would love to see a Seasons expansion pack come first and an Open for Business style expansion pack.

On a personal note, I think the game is very polished.I love the graphics and the depth of field effect ( people are referring this to "blurred"), it keeps you focused on your sims without being distracted by what is going on a few lots away. It has a solid base for the game to grow. It is obvious, the passion and dedication the developers have for the Sims. They are the very lucky few who go to work and love their job.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    1. From the early days of TS1. I also loved TS1 for the PS2 and Bustin' Out, and to a lesser extent, The Urbz.
    2. No, I wasn't sold and found the price tag too expensive.
    3. I really like the multi-tasking aspect of the game. Having my Sim sit on the sofa with some food, watching the TV and having a chat with a friend is pretty awesome. And right now I'm particularly fond of the emotional pictures Sim can make on the easel depending on how they feel. :#
    4. The game feels more RPG than sandbox at the moment, and I don't feel the same amount of freedom as I did with previous titles. Obtrusive Sims wandering over and sticking their noses in the conversation where it's not wanted is extremely annoying.
    5. Bigger, more varied lots, ALL of the life stages given the same amount of care and attention that children have this time around... and the reinstatement of TS1 soundtrack. Heh.
    6. I think it's pretty good. Has a lot of flaws, it's far from perfect, but it's been keeping me entertained and I can see the potential.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2014
    - I've been playing since TS1. I've tried other versions of the game, but the PC version is the one that I've always stuck with.
    -No. My husband bought it for me as a birthday gift.
    -I've been playing since about the 3rd.
    -I like multitasking, I like the new build mode, I like some of the new animations and interactions, and I really like the improvements that they made to the child life stage.
    -I dislike the lack of customization, the lack of open world, how tiny the world is, and the spammy amount of notifications.
    -I don't know. Many of the things I'd wish for are things that I know can't be implemented, like CASt and open world. I'd say overall, I could do with less hand-holding, less of a focus on RPG elements and unlockable content. Please also make the camera controls better and give us a way to shut off the emotion music (you get a jingle every time your sim's mood changes). As for expansion content. Toddlers (though I think they should already be there), weather, animals, etc.
    -For me it's a 2.5 out of 5 stars. It's not bad, but I don't think it's as good as it could have been. I enjoy some things about it, but it feels very empty somehow. As though it was built solely to house expansions and not so much to be a game in its own right.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    No real opinion for me. Personally I find it very closely resembling the console version of Ts3 on ps3. The way the map works, the loads between lots etc. . . .way to many similarities. However saying that, cause I played the console version I adapted to Ts4 very easy.

That's about it. I like it, but it feels nothing like previous interactions aesthetically (by this I mean it's texturing). Everything is flat/smooth and lacks depth.....objects seem to be hollow.

It's very pretty to look at though that being said lol. Overall I like it. I dot love it. . .but I can get by with it the way it is.
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    I haven't played, but I've been watching TheSimSupply and Deligracy's LPs and it looks pretty fun! And build-mode looks amaaazing. The fact that you can just pick up the entire house and move it if need be, and create practically any roof shape you want... I'm drooling. <3
    44444.gif
  • Options
    DoenuttyDoenutty Posts: 16 New Member
    edited September 2014
    1) I came in late to the franchise, I started playing in 2012 with TS3 and bought the available EP's when I got a little bored of the base game pretty soon. I played Sims Freeplay on my phone for a while which wasn't horrible, on an old phone I also played a couple of other Sims 3 phone apps. Oddly enough I was so impatient with waiting for Sims 4 to arrive yesterday (UK) and seeing so many people compare it to TS2 I decided to see for myself what the fuss was about and also ordered it as well as a couple of EP's (collection versions, Double Deluxe, University Collection and Business Collection) which unfortunately arrived in the same package as Sims 4:) TS4 yesterday, I was out all day today but installed and played an hour of TS2 tonight.

2) Yes I pre-ordered it (Limited Edition)

3) One day.... I spent most of today out so had to have an early night last night so haven't played much yet.

4) The amount of different social options, beautifully laid out pre-made rooms, great CAS, lovely family interactions, cooking options are great.

5) Unreliable edge scrolling, slightly confusing save game system, I do miss toddlers but they aren't a game breaker for me (pools I didn't like as they were for my families what computers are to most others, if I wasn't paying attention they would just spend all their time in there), seems to take ages for my child sim to do homework (I suppose that is close to RL but I am struggling to increase her skills).

6) I love the supernatural aspect so would love that to return, I'd like to see toddlers and pools back so that more people would give the game a chance. Unlikely from what I have been reading but I'd love to see a form of CASt back as I did use it quite a lot for outfits and buildings.(however I think there is a sufficient variety of styles etc to keep me going for now).

7) I need to play it more but immediately my gameplay has shifted. With TS3 I skilled, and skilled and skilled... I wanted proficient sims and their interactions didn't make me want to spend 'too' much time on the social aspect. In the hours I have played so far I have had NO urge to speed through actions, less need to micro-manage and have only been working on the skilling aspect to complete the mini job/aspiration challenges because I think they are fun and encourage me to manage their time better. I actually 'want' to see my families sit down for a meal together and spend time with each other as there are some really cute moments. Considering I have two young adult sims and two child sims I have a lot more to see from them throughout their lifespans and I look forward to it. (demon babies aside - yep I had one) I look forward to seeing what comes next although I'm happy playing the game as it is for now. I'm sorry there are people who don't enjoy the Sims 4 but I think I will continue to enjoy it for the foreseeable future.

Edited to break up the massive wall of text..................
  • Options
    MestrixMestrix Posts: 170 Member
    edited September 2014
    Played TS1 with all expansions and TS3 with all expansions(not all stuffpacks) but the last one(into the future).

I pre-ordered TS4, collector's edition. Been playing for 2 days as it came out here on the 4th.

Like:
    - I like how easy it is to actually make a really nice house in TS4. I've always been so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at it in previous games.
    - The "Emotions" is fun, too.
    - Interactions with other sims are interesting and funny(I love the throwing a drink at xD )
    - Multitasking is amazing. Like working out and watching TV or talking. Leveling more than one skill.

Like less/dislike:
    - It's hard to match colours because some items have one type of red and another item has another type of red.
    Or, for example, a bed is blue and the frame is white-ish. Every other furniture is blue with brown bits/frames.
    - Gardening takes too long.
    - Can't set ownership to beds. Really annoying when people go sleeping in other's beds.
    - No pools.

Features:
    Well, basically the stuff I mentioned above.
    - More colour variations making it easier to match things.
    - Setting ownership to beds/rooms would be really nice.
    - Pools would be a really nice feature too.

What I think of the game:
    I really love the game so far. Sure, the things I mentioned above does get to me at times(like gardening taking half a year and when I can't match my colours), but I enjoy playing it so much.

Origin username: xLilies
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited September 2014
    1. I started playing the sims with TS3 on PS3 a few years ago, and I got the PC version not long after. I've also played TS2, but I didn't like it.
    2. Yes, I pre-ordered.
    3. Started today, played a few hours. I had it on release day, but this week was...horrible.
    4. The sheer number of interactions is impressive. I like the emotion system, the sims are very expressive.
    5. Nosy sims, they always want to form group conversations. It's both amusing and annoying. XD Also the lighting, it's a tad too dark.
    6. Basically a bunch of features from the Superstar/Showtime EPs and Makin' Magic/Supernatural EPs.
    7. I like it. The only reason I stopped playing is because I don't feel very well right now...I want to play more but I have a really bad headache.

I'd also like to note that the game feels very polished. It was smooth as silk and I didn't run into any issues playing four hours straight. No lag, no freezing, no crashing, no glitches. I was watching for clipping since people were making a big deal about it earlier and I didn't notice very much of it. The load times were so short, they took around 10 seconds (I don't have an SSD, just for reference). In the PS3 port of TS3 the load times were horrendous and I didn't like them in TS2, but in TS4 they are short enough not to bother me. There are sims everywhere. TS4 has a lot of potential, it could end up being my favorite sims game.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    jesse40jesse40 Posts: 381 Member
    I think it has serious potential to be a great game, and that if they add back some lost base features and then some in the next EP, a lot of people will be happier.
    I honestly love the art style. Did I expect it? No. But I still love it.
    The new features are extremely pleasing and the little things they added here and there like a kiss on the cheek before work and you actually having to work for things definitely make me interested.
    Though it really needs more content, overall I think it's a great game, and can only get better
  • Options
    UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    1.Ive been playing the sims series since the beginning (yes i have them all)
    2. Yes I preorderd
    3. -Been playing since day 1 .
    4. The Build Mode, the gameplay, the CAS
    5. The lack of ghosts toddlers and pools
    -GHOSTS TODDLERS AND POOLS
    -I reviewed it and gave it a 7.5/8 out of ten.

Its a good game for sure, lots to do, it doesn't get boring, the sims are believable, but it could definitely go with improvements.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    -Tell me how long you have been involved in The Sims franchise (whether it's since TS1, TS2, TS3 or just starting out with TS4). Also mention if you were ever involved with and/or enjoyed additional Sims games besides the base games (i.e. console versions, apps, etc.)
    Started in 2000. I have played most all versions of Sims, my heart for the games of the past is with TS3 for the consoles because of the Karma System and the extreme speed of the game throughout. My PS3 version has a long running Legacy on it, currently entering it's 24th gen. I don't play it as often as I used to do though.
    -Did you pre-order your copy of TS4?
    Yep, on 10-08-'13.
    -How long has it been since you have been playing TS4?
    Using the Korean trick, well, since the Korean release.
    -Name a couple of features that you really like about the game.
    Graphics, animations, general ambience and the different feel between the two worlds. The upped difficulty of the game I especially liked. No more easymode gameplay where your Sim advances anyway. Great!
    -However many features you had mentioned in the previous question, answer with the same amount of features that you dislike about the game.
    Multi-tasking can work against the player, especially in places where a lot of sims flock together. People may feel rushed as the difficulty of completing an Aspiration and a career, set off against things a player may want to do, might lead to feeling as if a sim's lifetime isn't long enough.
    -If you were talking to the CEO of EA right now, what are the top 3 features that you would demand to see in future expansions?
    More items, more color-presets for everything, either already released or in the pipeline, more Aspirations, more careers, different ways of doing the same thing (A writer using a writepad and a pen, a painter drawing on a piece of paper, a stand-up comedian being able to work on his/her material while taking a shower, a sim having a book in it's inventory might be able to read a few pages while at work. That sort of thing.
    -And finally, tell me what you genuinely think of the game so far.
    I feel as if the game was developed by Maxis as a personal present to me.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I started playing the sims just after World Adventures came out with Sims 3 but not too long after also bought most of the Sims 2 games so I have tried Sims 2, 3 and 4. I couldn't get into Sims 2 after playing Sims 3 because being unable to design interior colours just didn't cut it for me. I don't play any other sims games and pre-ordered Sims 4 a couple of days before it was released in the UK. I am currently playing a new game in Sims 4 and enjoying it.

Some of my main likes and dislikes:

Multi-tasking
    Music within the game
    Graphics
    New objects
    The general feel of the game
    The Sims are endearing and believable
    CAS is great

Dislikes:
    Some of the controls aren't very intuitive, such as tilting and rotating the camera. Other controls are ok but tricky to find.
    Not enough cheats - for instance, I can't pull individual needs up or down or raise aspiration reward points
    Huge limitation in being able to customise the world -not good AT ALL!
    People who like being creative have been noticeably overlooked - NOT GOOD AT ALL!
    No colour wheel - NOT GOOD AT ALL!
    Not enough lots to build on (Why????)
    No ponds to fish in gardens
    No towns with shops to wander around
    Grown children jumping out of bassinets - tch

All in all, Sims 4 really does have some great content and has the potential to be the best game of all the Sims series. The problem is that the normal gameplay which people expect to find in a Sims game has been taken out and I think this may be just too much for too many to handle. In my own case, the lack of ability to customise the game is a serious step back and I feel this lack while I'm playing.

I have to wonder - When repetitive gameplay becomes tedious, which it will eventually, will I lose interest after finding that all my houses have similar rooms because I can't customise them to my own individual liking? I think I will but I'm enjoying it while the gameplay is new to me.