Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things Retained and Lost after Transferring a Household to a New Save

bludhoundbludhound Posts: 297 Member
Worried about my save file getting bloated, I did an experiment. Using the Household Management menu, I saved my current household to the gallery, started a new game and then brought the household in. This is to see what's retained and what's lost. Here are my findings:

What's retained:
- Current career level
- Aspiration progress
- Buy mode unlocks
- Skills
- Aspiration points
- Aspiration traits
- Sim statistics (e.g. meals cooked, times angry, times playful, etc)

What's lost
- All worldly possessions, including simoleons and inventory (both household and individual) items
- All relationship progress, including those within your household. Links (such as Sister, Spouse, etc) within the household are preserved. Relationship values within the household will be reset to 50%.
- The entire collectables record
- Past job progress. This is a good thing if you wish to switch branches or encounter this nasty bug.
- Memories. Can't tag sims to screenshots from a past game either

If I missed out anything, just let me know and I'll add it to the list.
Post edited by bludhound on

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thanks! When you say relationships are lost, does that mean the game doesn't remember how you are related? Or does it refer to the friendship and romance bars? Either way, it sounds like a bug, as does the past job progress loss, given that career level and aspiration points stick.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @luthienrising Sorry if I was a bit vague. What I meant to say is that all relationships will be restored to 50% of the relationship bar. The links will still be intact.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    That's much less bad then :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    Thanks for this! I'll check this out when I want to change branches.
  • Options
    PaperPandaPicnicPaperPandaPicnic Posts: 131 Member
    Thanks for this information. I'm currently experiencing a glitch (new traits my sims learn don't show up :'( ) and unless anyone has a better idea I'm thinking uploading the family to the exchange and then loading them into a new game.

Are memories one of the things that are kept?
  • Options
    @PaperPandaPicnic Unfortunately, memories are gone. You can't tag your sims in past screenshots either.

I've added that to the list.
  • Options
    konhacaskonhacas Posts: 2 New Member
    I can't figure out how to do this...