Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashes and Script Mods

My game crashes to the desktop and it says "The Sims 4 has stopped working". I also get an error when the game launches about scripting mods. How do I find the bad cc in the mods file? Has anyone made a program for that similar to Delphy's Dashboard for TS3 yet?

Comments

• Options
    jennjenn2009jennjenn2009 Posts: 3 New Member
    I just removed all of the CC from the mods folder for now, since I don't know how to fix the issue.
  • Options
    GVLonSims3GVLonSims3 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @jennjenn2009 said:
    > My game crashes to the desktop and it says "The Sims 4 has stopped working". I also get an error when the game launches about scripting mods. How do I find the bad cc in the mods file? Has anyone made a program for that similar to Delphy's Dashboard for TS3 yet?
    > @jennjenn2009 said:
    > I just removed all of the CC from the mods folder for now, since I don't know how to fix the issue.

Hey, you tried it in Windowed Mode, though? I had the same problem as well -- and have you update the game through Origin?

EDIT: Though first day patches can be a bit wonky -- on diffrent systems, allthough we all have this same problem. give it some time. but if you can work it, and if you can

Dirctory > Origin Games > The Sims 4/The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe > Game > Bin TS4.exe

Go to Properties and set the compatible mode to Windows XP (SP3), Then go to your options in game. Then go to Display and set it to Windowed Mode.

If you are still having problems in this realm, Try playing the game offline. You can change it in The Origin File Menu and select "Go Offline".

It's up to you how you use Mods inside your game. It's the game itself. Remember, it's a new game. things happen.
  • Options
    jennjenn2009jennjenn2009 Posts: 3 New Member
    Did everything you said there and just a few minutes into the game, with all the cc installed, game crashed saying the sims 4 has stopped working. I guess I will just be playing without custom content for now lol
  • Options
    garrison17garrison17 Posts: 362 Member
    I found a dress causing game crashing- I keep track by date and one is handmade mesh called 'weddingdress' on trs- recolors are safer than new mesh items the cc- it maybe caused by updates! After removing dress game works good again!