Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DO NOT INSTALL PATCH 1.3 IF YOUR HOUSES HAVE FOUNDATIONS!

You can see my extensive notes on the issue here, but I think it is important for people to note that this patch 1.3 alters gameplay in houses with foundations so that Sims complain about a blocked path if they are trying to complete an interaction on the first floor of a house unless they are already directly in front of (or at least in the same room as) the object they are trying to interact with. Because of this issue, you must waste Sim time by having Sims walk to locations within your own house before you can select for them to complete the interaction. If the object is placed directly on the ground instead of up on the foundation objects work fine. The most notable issue I've found is placing a toddler in a highchair.

BEWARE BEFORE INSTALLING THIS PATCH UNTIL THEY FIX THIS ISSUE!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/150/76326.page

Comments

• Options
    cbartsch69cbartsch69 Posts: 169 Member
    edited August 2009
    Has this issue been fixed in patch 1.4? Is this issue being addressed in this or future patches? Anyone?
  • Options
    TristanTzaraTristanTzara Posts: 32 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have to say I've never had this issue at all. This is a funny game because it appears that different people have quite different issues in many cases - or, put it this way, not everyone gets the same issues... if any of that makes sense!