Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOW to get writer's block??

I have my sims writing books every single day but she won't get writer's block... I need it for the aspiration thing. But I can't get her to even get it!
What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??

Comments

• Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    bump .... because I still can't get writer's block even though now I'm forcing her to write books with low needs.. :(
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Practice writing for several hours a day. You'll get it eventually.
  • Options
    kaelaonfirekaelaonfire Posts: 1 New Member
    Max out everything except for fun. I had her practice writing for a very long time until her fun bar got really low, then started writing books. It took several Sim hours but she ended up getting writer's block from it because she was so tense.
  • Options
    SkilzlostSkilzlost Posts: 6 New Member
    ive even tried it tense it did not work for me seems a really hard thing to achieve for some people especially the ones who are generally inspired alot like my sim.. have practiced writing for 10 hours with no fun and all kind of things, nothing seems to work i will try to hammer the tense bit out while practice writing tho.. she is currently level 9 writing skill and i have published tons of books.
  • Options
    luckyjewel87luckyjewel87 Posts: 40 Member
    Yeah I could not get my Sim to get writers block either and I tried really hard. They need to tweak that or remove it as a requirement for the Author Aspiration.
  • Options
    FlewingFlewing Posts: 95 Member
    Also wondered this...

Thanks for tips
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Not sure what are you talking about, what complicated requirement?
    It kicks in after you write 4-5 books in a row.
    Don't let your sims go pee sleep or whatnot, just queue them 5 romance books. Not comedy, not mystery, not scifi.
    Seems that spamming yucky stuff blocks them. Blocked two sims in my game successfully.
  • Options
    MasHendyMasHendy Posts: 5 New Member
    Check my video, im sure you can finish thos "Beat the Writers block" task :D
    actually, its so easy if you doing my trick

Read the the description and watch the video. I hope this can help you to solve those problem :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ri6IYb_SEs

please like if this trick work for you :D
  • Options
    CBRfinalmoveCBRfinalmove Posts: 1 New Member
    I had this same problem and looked through the forums to see if anyone else was having this problem and turns out there are a lot of people. After reading some of the comments I eventually figured it out, what I did was raise everything as high as you can and write till you get it. I did that with my sim and wrote from 4pm to 3am and he got off the computer with a writers block ^_^ hope this works for you guys.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Skilzlost wrote: »
    ive even tried it tense it did not work for me seems a really hard thing to achieve for some people especially the ones who are generally inspired alot like my sim.. have practiced writing for 10 hours with no fun and all kind of things, nothing seems to work i will try to hammer the tense bit out while practice writing tho.. she is currently level 9 writing skill and i have published tons of books.

If you have anything that has the inspired aura near your Sim's computer, turn off the aura while you're working on the writer's block. And practice writing works better than actually writing books because that doesn't stop till you actually achieve the block. Pick a day off if your Sim is working then go to it.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited September 2014
    If anyone is trying to get this with an inspired sim that might be your problem as the inspired emotion is the cure for writers block. Turn off any emotion aura's nearby and make sure you're not taking thoughtful showers etc before you start writing.
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    I finally got writers block. Trial and error was turn off all mood enhancements in the room, low bladder/food/fun. He practiced writing for 2-2.30 hours and became uncomfortable then tense writers block. He loves to write so I found the only way was to get him uncomfortable! LOL Poor guy really had to pee and eat then nice hot bubble bath for his efforts! :p

Good Luck! :)
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Sparkle wrote: »
    If anyone is trying to get this with an inspired sim that might be your problem as the inspired emotion is the cure for writers block. Turn off any emotion aura's nearby and make sure you're not taking thoughtful showers etc before you start writing.

I'm quoting you to repeat what you said, because I suspect that emotional auras is the main reason so many people are having issues.

I see quite a few threads where people post about something in the game being "hard" or even "impossible"...and not thinking in terms of managing the Sim's emotions is always the problem for the people having the difficulty. This writer's block "problem" is probably the biggest, most common one though.

Writer's block is actually pretty hard NOT to get if you have your Sim write often but don't let them get pepped up on positive emotions first.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    I NEVER managed to get writer's block with the sim that I posted this discussion about, but I made a new sim and got writer's block on her second book.

Now I can't write any best sellers!! She's already made over $40k in book royalties yet not 1 single best seller!
  • Options
    Rainbow2Rainbow2 Posts: 83 Member
    @Desirai, does your sim have the Creative Visionary reward? I couldn't manage to get any bestsellers before getting it, but afterwards it was pretty easy.
  • Options
    nightyswordnightysword Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 2014
    emotion doesn't effect it. The reason people seems rarely get it probably because everyone want to write book to level up their skill, and it's usually interrupted between each book. To get it you need to make sure you're writting none stop without breaking in between. Which actually pretty easy to do.

Make sure all your need are filled (so they don't have to stop and go eat or pee), then choose "Practice Writing" since this is a non-stop action. You'll get it after 4-5 hours, my lvl10 Writer got blocked while under "Very Inspired".
  • Options
    Ummmm I don't think so. I'm still saving reward points
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I got mine while my sim was inspired, and was on level 2 writing.