The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

White parents just had a black baby

I'm not sure how it happened, but my Sims married and then tried for a baby shortly afterward and she came out black.

Comments

• Options
    LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    Hi welcome to the forum. :)

I am curious how the genetics of the game are working, I am playing a green skin, green haired couple they had twins a boy and a girl. I aged them from baby to child the girl had black hair and the boy was blonde, it happens - I have had red haired green sims born in game before now. Lol

The strange thing is though when I aged both of these sims up to teen both of them now have green hair. :o
  • Options
    loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    Not had a baby yet in Sims 4 but was hoping it would a better mix of genetics. As in my Sims 3 the other day my parents had a blue baby, both of the parents were as pale as can be so i guess it just happens sometimes
  • Options
    RyuoshRyuosh Posts: 26 Member
    That happened to me in Sims 3, I had two blonde, blue eyed Sims and they had twin children. They share the same skin tone, but both babies had black hair and brown eyes. I restarted the game a few times right before she gave birth too, and every time they came out with that black hair. There was no genetics behind them either, both parents were first gen. Happens sometimes, I suppose. *shrug*
  • Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    I heard about this in the sims 3 it's possible in real life to
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    My child also came out looking nothing like either of her parents. Trying to also figure out how genetics is working in 4.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    SquiggleDustSquiggleDust Posts: 70 Member
    How weird, I've only had one baby so far, but I think he looks so much like his father! It made me think the genetics were really good, but now I'm not so sure :? maybe it was just a coincidence, I guess
  • Options
    georgiegirlsimsgeorgiegirlsims Posts: 58 Member
    I adopted a white baby {looking at the pictures) and when it aged up it came out black. Imagine my surprise! LOL
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Are you sure you're the father?
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    How strange, I've had three children in the game so far, one boy and two girls and all three were a fairly even blend between their parents as far as I could tell.
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    OP and others with this issue: post your computer specs because it may be like the demon babies -- a problem with the software interacting with a piece of hardware. More data may help them figure out the genetic oddities.
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    > @KHele2k said:
    > I'm not sure how it happened, but my Sims married and then tried for a baby shortly afterward and she came out black.
    LOL, this happened in real life.
    Search black parents had white baby.
    It's not a glitch, it's a birth defect. Your sims may had little black DNA mixed in. XD
  • Options
    > @LoveEvil said:
    > Hi welcome to the forum.
    >
    > I am curious how the genetics of the game are working, I am playing a green skin, green haired couple they had twins a boy and a girl. I aged them from baby to child the girl had black hair and the boy was blonde, it happens - I have had red haired green sims born in game before now. Lol
    >
    > The strange thing is though when I aged both of these sims up to teen both of them now have green hair.

Oh yeah! Children don't have unnatural colored hair in CAS! But, that does sound random.
  • Options
    > @georgiegirlsims said:
    > I adopted a white baby {looking at the pictures) and when it aged up it came out black. Imagine my surprise! LOL

Well, actually, that totally normal. It happens to a lot of babies. Their usually light skinned (most of them) when they're born and as they grew older, their skin darkens/
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    KHele2k wrote: »
    I'm not sure how it happened, but my Sims married and then tried for a baby shortly afterward and she came out black.

I've had that happen too. But I use custom replacement skins, so I just assumed it was because of that. If you are not using custom skins, then maybe that's just how this game works? Interesting. Lots of variety.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    UmberApricotUmberApricot Posts: 887 Member
    Oh, my, somebody resurrected a six month old thread? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    Haha now thats funny ;)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    interesting thread, even more interesting how it has been bumped after more than 6 months!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Deandra TheNewGirlDeandra TheNewGirl Posts: 384 Member
    This thread sounds like something from Maury D:
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    <.< >.>
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    I'm sorry... I laughed too much at this.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    3fdeff077e088e82c4d435e8f0d6f0067fa8145cb469255996ce33f8ad79e353.jpg

:oLUUUUUCCCYYYYYYYYYY! :o

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    We need a paternity test Game Pack pronto.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    I saw this thread and immediately wanted one of the EPs to have a Jerry Springer like show where you could drag cheating Sims on for extra spicy drama.

...and throwing chairs. Gotta have chair throwing.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~