Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is Empty?

WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
tumblr_nbg469MC3E1rzq92mo4_r1_500.png
tumblr_nbg469MC3E1rzq92mo1_r1_500.png
tumblr_nbg469MC3E1rzq92mo2_r1_500.png
tumblr_nbg469MC3E1rzq92mo3_r1_500.png

I’d also like to state that each skill in Sims 4 has much deeper, meaningful gameplay attached to them than they did in Sims 3. Cooking and gardening are two of the biggest revamps.

Sims 4 also focused much of its resources on multitasking and emotional states because they needed to be in the foundation of the game whereas your rehashed pools and toddlers can easily be added in later.

Sure, Sims 4 is missing CASt and open worlds, but if you would actually shut up long enough to try the game, you would realize how great of a decision it was for actual game playability.
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Well said, sir.
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    here here!!!
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    Geferdi wrote: »
    I'd rather have a single $100 bill than a jar full of pennies. It's about more than raw numbers.

There are plenty of reasons why Sims 4 is the $100 bill and not the jar of pennies. This comparison is for everyone that's constantly comparing Sims 3 to Sims 4 tit for tat.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Eh? Why compare it to Sims 3?

I prefer to compare it to game released around the same time.
  • Options
    Kittenkiss wrote: »

Because all the trolls and naysayers are comparing it to Sims 3. So I'm disproving their comparisons.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I actually love those features, crazy about them! I just miss family gameplay
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Paneth48Paneth48 Posts: 134 Member
    Anyone can see Sims 4 has good bones to grow on, but we all know people are going to complain about things that are left out. In many cases I agree with them, mostly because I don't want to pay for them yet again in another Expansion pack. I will get use to Sims 4 just like I did with Sims 3, and if I feel the need for more open worldness i can just switch to my sim family on 3 for a while.
  • Options
    UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    Paneth48 wrote: »
    Anyone can see Sims 4 has good bones to grow on, but we all know people are going to complain about things that are left out. In many cases I agree with them, mostly because I don't want to pay for them yet again in another Expansion pack. I will get use to Sims 4 just like I did with Sims 3, and if I feel the need for more open worldness i can just switch to my sim family on 3 for a while.

Its a given, and wow this post speaks volumes, its now my sig.
  • Options
    daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    Sims 3 was small at the beginning, eh? I didn't even remember..
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    Kittenkiss wrote: »

Because all the trolls and naysayers are comparing it to Sims 3. So I'm disproving their comparisons.

Are you going to compare the prices, too? For $90 Australian dollars I could buy the base S3 game and quite a few expansions, now.

Most sensible people are comparing the game to current games, for a fair comparison. Like DA:I, GTA, Skyrim (well ok, that's a bit old), etc,... And it's quite obvious that S4 isn't quite worth it's asking price. People expect a fair price, and S4 dropped the ball.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @daltondoug, not really small, but I remember feeling there wasn't a lot of stuff to do. I was looking forward to the first expansion by the 2nd day just to get more "things to do".

With how aspirations, skills, and careers are set up in TS4, I haven't hit that point yet after 30 hours of play. And I still need to do most of the party types too. the Black Tie affair (or whatever it is called) is the next one on my agenda, but I can't do it until both of the adult sims in my house have the same day off work.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    RakawreRakawre Posts: 71 Member
    Just wait until several expansions comes out and I 100% guarantee you all of the haters will be buying the game over will definitely feel left out. This game has a lot of new features despite the fact that many important ones were removed. Sims 3 had so many stuff packs and expansions that I feel we will definitely be in for a treat when they come out for Sims 4.

Sims 4 haters WILL BE OVERCOME WITH CURIOSITY!
  • Options
    jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I actually love those features, crazy about them! I just miss family gameplay

I am actually enjoying playing with the families more in the sims 4. Just because one life stage is missing doesn't mean the game play is gone. The Sims families are better now, more complex. They have a lot more to do as families now.
  • Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Life Stages:

The Sims 3: 7
    The Sims 4: 3
  • Options
    DiSoAngelDiSoAngel Posts: 746 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    tumblr_nbg469MC3E1rzq92mo4_r1_500.png
    tumblr_nbg469MC3E1rzq92mo1_500.png
    tumblr_nbg469MC3E1rzq92mo2_r1_500.png
    tumblr_nbg469MC3E1rzq92mo3_r1_500.png

I’d also like to state that each skill in Sims 4 has much deeper, meaningful gameplay attached to them than they did in Sims 3. Cooking and gardening are two of the biggest revamps.

Sims 4 also focused much of its resources on multitasking and emotional states because they needed to be in the foundation of the game whereas your rehashed pools and toddlers can easily be added in later.

Sure, Sims 4 is missing CASt and open worlds, but if you would actually shut up long enough to try the game, you would realize how great of a decision it was for actual game playability.

You win the forums lol
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited September 2014
    Rakawre wrote: »
    This game has a lot of new features despite the fact that many important ones were removed.[/img]
    So let me get this straight, the sales pitch is "We took out important features, but we added new features like an angry poop."
    Such wow.
    Rakawre wrote: »
    Sims 4 haters WILL BE OVERCOME WITH CURIOSITY!
    aww_yeah_spongebob__meme_by_dannyboy978-d5pc5be.png

tcnen5.jpg
  • Options
    daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    simmese wrote: »
    TS3 is fantastic as far as i'm concerned , I have every EP and SP (except for the Katy Perry one) i'll always love it and will continue to play it

TS4 is also fantastic imo , yes it may seem emptier to some , but it has so much potential. I only got it today (i'm in the UK) but already i'm really enjoying playing it and discovering all the new things it has to offer , and I love the new emotions

To me its a totally different game from TS3 , each have their own charm , so I get the best of both worlds by owning and playing both , lucky me :D

Maybe they could do a hybrid out of the two. But trying to fuse 2 different things always proved to be bad in gaming history. dunno.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    daltondoug wrote: »
    Maybe they could do a hybrid out of the two. But trying to fuse 2 different things always proved to be bad in gaming history. dunno.

Not always, it worked really, really well for Borderlands!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods