Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP! I just want to play my game :(

I hope someone out there can help me fix my problem, I'm pretty much coming here as a last resort...

My Sims 4 game will load perfectly fine when it is starting from scratch, but the moment I start a game and save it, the next time I try to load the game it stops responding when trying to start up after the Sims 4 logo. I have already talked to two different game advisers over at EA and neither one of them could fix it, one of them had said they had put in my case as a "high priority" for some upper level people but I never heard back from them (not surprising).

I have already tried a system restore, a clean boot, running the game under administrator, updating drivers, right clicking and trying "repair game" in origin, reinstalling, and running it in windowed mode. The only way I have been able to get the game to load is to completely delete the Sims 4 folder in the Electronic Arts folder, which contains mods, saved data, custom music, screenshots, etc. that will reload when you start the game, wipping the slate clean. I am currently not running with any mods.

here are my computer specs for anyone who wants them:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8084MB RAM
Page File: 2960MB used, 13205MB available
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 570
Display Memory: 4048 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1232 MB

I don't know what else to do at this point so I would love any feed back, it is incredibly frustrating to pay for a $70 game that I can't even play

Comments

• Options
    Rav567Rav567 Posts: 53 New Member
    I'm trying to figure it out too.. talking to someone on ea live chat right now... my latest thread might have some solutions until they fix it..
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    I am pretty sure it is not your game but the overloaded Origin. have you tried playing in offline mode?
  • Options
    Rav567Rav567 Posts: 53 New Member
    I stated in the thread i've already tried that but i want to access the gallery... the person i just talked to said to go into system configuration -> tools -> chance UAC settings -> put them to the very lowest, restart pc..
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hey @NatNat044 how are you saving the game?
  • Options
    NatNat044NatNat044 Posts: 15 New Member
    @ceejay402 what do you mean? I'm just saving it the normal way, click the "..." in game and then hit save?

So update, I tried a suggestion to start a new game and saving it in clean boot and then try to go back into the game and it was able to load again in clean boot. I just don't know what actions I am suppose to take now because I guess that means there is an application conflicting with the game?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ok there is an option to save as and as well as save. also when you load a saved game there are two types of files: auto save file and and regular save file. i suggest try "saving as" if you have been using regular save option. i also suggest create a test, run it a day or so. save as exit. and when you return make sure you pick the regular save file not the auto save file option.
  • Options
    @ceejay402 ohhhhh okay I see what you are getting at, I will give it a try :)
  • Options
    So that save thing actually worked haha like what the hell? I'm kinda mad it was such a easy fix after going through all that madness, anyways thank you everyone for all your help and advice, you were certainly more helpful than EA was