Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game thinks my child mother is her sister?

My game has somehow managed to put my two children as my Main sim's brother and sister, I can't edit the relationship in CAS and it's stuck as "roommates" if I try. Anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Yes, and earlier today it was acknowledged by SimGuruGrant in his pinned topic in the General Discussion forum.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    RufaceRuface Posts: 78 Member
    Alright, good to know. I'll go have a little nosey through that thread.
  • Options
    sarahwyssleclairsarahwyssleclair Posts: 29 Member
    I read that Grant got the message about this, but I'd also like to add that my family is experiencing it, too. I did change the mother's name to match the father's using the cas.fulleditmode suggestion. I waited until after the baby was born, named the baby after the father, and then went into CAS to change the mom's last name. I didn't look carefully at the time, so I don't know that's when it happened...I just wanted to give what details I could. Now the child only recognizes his father, and his mother/aunts are all "roommates" to him. When I go back to cas.fulleditmode to try to change the relationships, my only choices are "roommate" or "sister" for his mother/aunts.
  • Options
    RufaceRuface Posts: 78 Member
    I did some messing about yesterday, having a million babies and trying to figure out what triggered it. I came to the conclusion that it's a problem with the cas.fulleditmode cheat. If you have that enabled, and use CAS the children lose their relationship status with one or both parents. Without the cheat enabled it didn't happen.

It might be worth seeing if it's the same case for you? @sarahwyssleclair
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    I reported to Grant, I hope they fix it. But I think you're right, it has something to do with the cas cheat.
  • Options
    tinarusselltinarussell Posts: 114 Member
    edited September 2014
    Very glad to hear that Grant knows about this because that means they are working on it I'm sure. I also have it.
    I am having the same issue. I had a brother and sister originally already living together. The brother got married and then had a son and the sister had a daughter. However, when I click on relationships with the daughter it shows her cousin and uncle as her brothers. I checked her uncle and cousin and it shows her as a sister also. I also noticed that the brother's son says brother instead of son, but on the son it does say father. The original sister and wife have passed on so I can't check them. I never went to manage households or anything except prior to the children being born when I had to move the wife in, other than that I just played as normal. They all are living in the same household.

Also, I only used the cas.fulledit when the wife and brother were married....none of the children had not been born yet at that time.