Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need some help finding dragon fruit.

ยซ1
In want to make a cowplant. I have found plenty of snapdragons. Where is the dawgone dragon fruit?
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    bump
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    there is a gardening discussion group thread going, we are trying to track it down, look for the thread we can help each other
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    ive heard the dragon fruit is in the hidden glade
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Exciting. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    I know how to answer this one!!! Well, actually no, i have no idea about the dragonfruit.. but I fished up a cow plant berry in the pond by the cave in the desert town in the big center park to the "north" roughly.
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    So, apparently, it's easier to get the ultimate gardening item from Fishing than it is from Gardening. :/
  • Options
    To help clarify my rambling: Found at Carls-Sims-4-Gardening-Guide since apparently I'm a noob and this dumb-๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ forum won't let me post links.

"Cow Plant Berry - Found while Fishing at the glimmering stream with a cave in Oasis Springs' Big Park. You can also get a Cowplant by using Take Cutting from a Snapdragon and Grafting it onto Dragonfruit."
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    From my understanding the way to get it through sheer gardening is to obtain "perfect" fruit bushes that yield the dragonfruit or something, and then graft... but it takes me a REALLY long time just to level up a bush.. going to this little pond I had a cow plant in under 3 minutes flat.
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    Rebel181Rebel181 Posts: 34 Member
    The pond is way quicker!!
    This is where it is youtube.com/watch?v=Jk02P2vJ-pI
  • Options
    ians252ians252 Posts: 2 New Member
    I read if you graft daisies and strawberries you get dragonfruit. Haven't personally tried it yet though
  • Options
    TwstdIrishTwstdIrish Posts: 3 New Member
    i read the same information on carl sims.... i tried grafting the daisy to the strawberry and my char wont place the graft. so i tried grafting strawberries to the daisy. SHE STILL WONT GRAFT IT!!! >.< at this point i dont know how to get dragon fruit. You can get pomagranets and the cowplant from sylvans glade which doesnt require you to have handy skill maxed out. you also get some nice rare fish, frogs the cherry tree pear tree and lilly. so that helps out a lot. Also if you do decide you want to upgrade your plants faster use fish for fertalizer while they had fruit idk why but it seems to upgrade em faster. oh and best herb plant ever is a spliced one lol
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    grafting strawberries to daisy to get the dragonfruit is broken
  • Options
    any idea when that is gonna be fixed?
  • Options
    any idea when that is gonna be fixed?

Don't know, but soon I hope

• Options
    KlrSimsKlrSims Posts: 185 Member
    > @LadyVampiress said:
    > grafting strawberries to daisy to get the dragonfruit is broken
    yea I agree I've tried EVERYTHING. so has EA officially recognized this bug OR said they will work on a fix?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited September 2014
    @KlrSims, a guru responded to a tweet indicating they are aware of the issue.

No word on a fix though, but I'm sure it's coming. There is at least one other graft-produced plant that is bugged, I believe.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    So without grafting, there's no way to get Dragonfruit?
  • Options
    mp its one that has to be grafter you cant find it or fish it or find it on a space adventure.... has any one found all the plants except for dragon fruit? i seem to be missing like 3 but i found everything except dragonfruit that was on the sim carl list...
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @TwstdIrish, have you looked back at Carl's site recently? The gardening section is updated recently. Pomegranate and Orchid were added since I looked last week, for example. And don't forget the Cow Plant if you haven't grown one of those yet!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Bonsai Buds, Bird of Paradise and Dragonfruit are all busted.. waiting to be fix by EAxis
  • Options
    > @Stormkeep said:
    > KlrSims, a guru responded to a tweet indicating they are aware of the issue.
    >
    > No word on a fix though, but I'm sure it's coming. There is at least one other graft-produced plant that is bugged, I believe.

awesome :) thanks! I hope they come up with a fix soon. I'm really close to completing all the collections. I've got 8/13 completed so far. my main goal is to complete all of the achievements and I have most of them done already.

I have one more questions for my fellow simmers. I'm trying to figure out which items from the garden collection I'm missing. I've searched online and cant figure out the 3 that I'm missing in my garden collection. there's 31 in the collection and Plantains are not included (so technically there's 32 flower/fruit/vegitable/herb items total). if anyone can help please let me know I'm trying to figure out the ones I'm missing. thanks

here's the list of what I have:
    Blackberries
    cowplant berry
    trashfruit
    orchid
    UFO plant
    rose
    lily
    cherry tree
    pomegranate
    tomato
    strawberry
    potato
    pear
    onion
    tulip
    lemon
    sage
    snapdragon
    spinach
    grapes
    parsley
    mushroom
    basil
    apple
    daisy
    chrysanthemum
    blue bells
    carrot

plantain (not included in collection)

***MISSING***
    Dragonfruit??
    birds of paradise plant???
  • Options
    > @LadyVampiress said:
    > Bonsai Buds, Bird of Paradise and Dragonfruit are all busted.. waiting to be fix by EAxis
    those must be the three I'm missing :) thanks!!
  • Options
    konajavakonajava Posts: 47 Member
    Bonsai buds?! What's that one?
  • Options
    bbbugsybbbugsy Posts: 1 New Member
    If you do not mind using it, the cheat mode will let you get the dragonfruit. Enable the cheat mode, shift-click on an open area of your lot, select Setup Garden.
  • Options
    DANKAALOSDANKAALOS Posts: 1 New Member
    I grafted Stawberries and Snapdragon together and got Dragon Fruit
    Daisies and Strawberries give Bonsai buds