Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day 2

Played 12hrs yesterday 2pm to 2am. Much of that time was actually spent hunting down answers and info because so many of the controls and functions are convoluted, like having to right mouse click on an item in inventory and then left mouse click to make engage the all items/stacked items feature so that I can drag the whole lot of items at once to sell them.. vs just being able to click grab-drag the corner count tab. Now I've been playing about 2 more hours and I'm again stumped and frustrated. Trying to get my Sim hitched. Is it even possible?? My sim has met a few male townies.. but the amount of time it takes to raise the friendship bar is insane. I finally gave in and used the cheat to add one of the men to the household. And still my sim is spending every waking minute trying to chat up the guy, and then when I switch to him I see that although she has his bar about half full, her bar when I switch to him has zero. So when friending a sim it's just one sided?? The other sim doesn't gain any friendship with my sim?? And the friendship decay... how do you even keep it up? I swear it goes down as fast as a sims normal needs. It's exhausting and boring to just keep repeating the same offered interactions again and again.. and again..... and again. Only to find out that only one sim seems to benefit from it all, and I am still not seeing any special, cool or neat effects from this new emotion feature. I just want to marry the guy, and have a kid and try to find some redeeming element of game play, but how is there time when every time I go to work or decide to skill his friendship level dwindles away. When my sim finally had him at about 3/4 full on the friend bar she tried a few romance interactions which were immediately shut down and dipped the friend bar level right along with it. I'm just getting burnt out and tired of the constant struggle to have a mutual high level friendship that I can turn into a married household before throwing my monitor across the room.

Comments

• Options
    hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member
    Relationships in this game are fairly easy. Just invite your sims friends over on their days off/throw parties, etc. If you're not that type of person, you can just call them up or invite them to go to the nightclub/gym/bar. Don Lothario has a buuuunch of friends, plus kids, plus a wife in my game right now. Just gotta have a balance!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Luturna1313Luturna1313 Posts: 85 Member
    I've been trying to hook up with Don since I started playing yesterday.. know his character I figured he'd be the easiest to friend and flirt with but I'm having no luck using just talk interactions. I just found out about some other options that might help. But in as far as talking to people and keeping friendships building it's just a bit too ... time consuming for me, maybe that will change as I learn new tricks.
  • Options
    berng00berng00 Posts: 122 Member
    My happiest Sims throw parties every weekend! Everyone invited shows up... unlike previous games. However, I'm finding building friendships is a lot harder in Sims4 than previous games. Between working careers, dating, house cleaning, gardening, and taking care of needs, I'm kept busy most of the time. There's so much to do and see in this game. Its amazing!

Loving the parties! :smile:
  • Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    Played 12hrs yesterday 2pm to 2am. Much of that time was actually spent hunting down answers and info because so many of the controls and functions are convoluted, like having to right mouse click on an item in inventory and then left mouse click to make engage the all items/stacked items feature so that I can drag the whole lot of items at once to sell them.. vs just being able to click grab-drag the corner count tab..

You don't have to open up the stack to sell them. You can click and drag the whole stack right from your inventory to sell it. (Don't click the triangle in the corner, just click and drag from the center of the icon. They basically made this the reverse of what it was in TS3.) The difference is that when you do it this way you sell the whole stack. If you open the stack first and then drag one from the stack to sell you can choose how many you want to sell.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I am sorry for your frustration I knew this was bound to happen regardless of how easy it is described to the contrary :D

Sims are too quirky to start with but adding loads of emotions and deep traits that play out in ways yet unknown to most of us and I think its going to take a lot more hard work when playing :D

In contrast with Sims 3 over a long time I became a serial cheater and added mods just to be able to get enjoyment from my game using all that lovely content and I have got used to it so I know I am going to struggle when I get 4 as I will want to play it like I do Sims 3 and I don't think that's going to work.

The way you describe click grab and drag for objects sounds confusing as well and as I have never been a builder I have not for 1 minute believed the new way to build is going be easy as for me and will take some work...

Please leave your poor monitor alone it's not at fault lol it sounds like you need to take a break take a breath and plan some sort of strategy...

If it was me after I had managed to get my home lot to at least a reasonable state I would write a list of what bothers me most and find out as much as I can about it and then concentrate on that one issue until I got it sussed.

I hope you manage to work it out and are able to get some enjoyment from the game :D

• Options
    The ginger... or is it ginsing tea and watching romance tv did the trick... of course I try and plan a decent wedding but... I hired a bartender and yet can't figure out how to make actually go tend the bar. I hired a caterer who never showed so my sims just grilled some burgers for everyone to meet the 'eat' objective in the Wedding goals thing. Now it says 'Have first slice' .. first slice of what?? LOL There is no buyable wedding cake that can be placed in the venue (didn't do a home wedding) no buffet table sort of option ...and no cook wedding cake option that I've seen. Does one really need to be a skilled cook and pre-cook and carry their own wedding cake to their own wedding?
  • Options
    And my Sim auto selected a Black wedding dress??? She looks as shocked as I was, LOL

09-03-14_3-07nbspPM.png