Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't take or view pictures on sims smartphone???

Am I missing something? My sim has the interaction to take a picture with someone else but is that all there is to it? I can't view the photo or take other photos? My sim can do every plumming thing with this smartphone... except take and view photos?!

Comments

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Your sim goes through the motions or the animation, but there's no actual picture.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    well that's no fun :(
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Yeah, it would have been cool if we had actual pictures we could look through. I really liked that feature about uni life. I had a sim whose wall was covered with selfies. LOL
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    afrat240afrat240 Posts: 273 Member
    That was something I was wondering about as well.

Wasn't there supposed to be a way to take pictures of certain events and you could have your sims reminisce on the photos and their emotion would reflect how they felt at the time of the picture? I know I read about that from multiple sources. Is there a special way of doing this that I haven't been able to figure out? Like OP said, the only options I have come accross are to just take a picture with a sim, and I've also caught my sims taking a piture of their food before eating (which is pretty cute/funny actually) but they've only done this on their own.
  • Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    This is actually one of the few things that I'm disappointed with in the game, everything else has been amazing so far.

I also noticed that when life events happen you get a notification up in the corner about the life event and if you take a screenshot it asks you if you want to make the screenshot a memory. I've done that a number of times, but I have no idea how to view these memories. I thought they might show up in the gallery or in my profile on here, but I can't find them anywhere but in the normal screenshot folder. I guess when I started seeing the notifications about making memories that there would be some kind of a scrapbook-type thing like there was in TS3 where these would be stored.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Gabbryrose wrote: »
    This is actually one of the few things that I'm disappointed with in the game, everything else has been amazing so far.

I also noticed that when life events happen you get a notification up in the corner about the life event and if you take a screenshot it asks you if you want to make the screenshot a memory. I've done that a number of times, but I have no idea how to view these memories. I thought they might show up in the gallery or in my profile on here, but I can't find them anywhere but in the normal screenshot folder. I guess when I started seeing the notifications about making memories that there would be some kind of a scrapbook-type thing like there was in TS3 where these would be stored.
    Maybe in your sims inventory??
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    You can't view the pictures the Sims take on their smartphones but if you take a screen in the game you can view it by clicking on the video camera (camera controls) and the picture icon (memories and pictures).
  • Options
    jaxie086 wrote: »

Nope, at least not as far as I can see. I'm still hopeful that someone will stumble across these "memories" one day, but it is sounding more and more like they go to the same place as the pictures taken with the phone. Sigh.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member

Nope, at least not as far as I can see. I'm still hopeful that someone will stumble across these "memories" one day, but it is sounding more and more like they go to the same place as the pictures taken with the phone. Sigh.

I guess you must have me on ignore because I just posted where to find the memories.
  • Options

I guess you must have me on ignore because I just posted where to find the memories.

Wow, thank you! I think I was typing my response to the poster above you as you put this up because I totally didn't see it!

I can't look at it now as I am at work, but does it show them in a gallery-type layout or is it like TS3 where they are just a bunch of thumbnails and you have to actually go in and view each one?
  • Options
    DimitraGDimitraG Posts: 136 Member
    So there's no way for sims to take pictures which can later be used as decorations? :/
    That's kind of a bummer.
    2sam69h.jpg
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    You can't view the pictures the Sims take on their smartphones but if you take a screen in the game you can view it by clicking on the video camera (camera controls) and the picture icon (memories and pictures).

Thanks. I just had one picture of 2 married Sims at the bar. It tagged their names to the picture as part of the memories.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    Is there anyway to make a story in game to upload to the sims gallery?
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    Well with GTW, your problem is solved
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    rochelimit wrote: »
    Well with GTW, your problem is solved

This thread is from September :s
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    HeffHeff Posts: 2 New Member
    There is a way to see the pics
  • Options
    HeffHeff Posts: 2 New Member
    Click on the inventory box by the skills and there be there in a picture frame
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2016
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Your sim goes through the motions or the animation, but there's no actual picture.

Dang is this broke since the patch?

Edit
    Just noticed this is from 2014.
  • Options
    Rns91294Rns91294 Posts: 51 Member
    There is an option to take a selfie or something. I have the picture they took hanging on my wall. And you can take it with someone. Not sure how I did it though.
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    edited May 2016
    You can buy a camera and "take a picture together" then you will have photos in your inventory to hang up on wall