Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My impressions of Sims 4

Disclaimer. Some things I bring up may just be me not figuring out how to work the controls properly yet. I was in too much of a rush to actually spend too much time figuring out things I didn't understand right away.

Many more options for clothing when you make your Sims. But for some reason, I could not figure out how to access all the Sims I made in the demo. I only really tried for about 5 minutes though so maybe I just missed how?

It's a little awkward trying to make one family for a lot, then making a second family for another lot. Even if the second family is already made. You pretty much have to go all the way back to home page to do this.

Build mode is insanely fun and easy. I spent well over an hour building my small house from scratch with only the money allotted simply because there were so many different ideas running through my head I was frozen as to which one to do. I would lay down one room and see a different way to do it and wouldn't be able to decide which way I liked best. That was a VERY good thing. One drawback is you can't change the angle other than the default angle, about 60 degrees and straight down unless you change to Sim 3 mode. I think.

Spent a lot of time trying to figure out the right mouse button is what rotates objects. This could and should be a button on the dashboard somewhere. However, once I did, you could easily rotate anything in 45 degree increments.

The cost of stairs and a few other things are misleading. What I mean is when I raise the foundation and try to add some stairs that it said cost $8, I was unable to buy the stairs until I had over $600. It has no actual price anywhere for the stairs and it was just a matter of keep trying whenever you got more money until you finally had enough. It should tell you it's $600 and not $8. How does the $8 even correlate?

All these things I consider minor and easily corrected faults and none of them affected my game play all that much other than small inconveniences.

Game play,

Well first things first. Yes there is clipping. And a descent amount of it. I think. Why I say I think is because as I suspected, once I started not actually looking for it and just playing the game, I never noticed it after the first hour. I am sure it happened, I just never noticed it because I was too busy playing the game instead of looking for it.

Loading screens went by very fast. Usually not more than 5 seconds but I have a very fast computer.

I played roughly 9 hours yesterday. The first 1+ hours building my house. In the remaining time, about 3-4 times the game near but not quite froze as if it was trying to figure what to do for 10 or more seconds. It ALWAYS got out of it on it's own. It usually happened when one Sim was walking through a doorway.

Several times items disappeared from where I placed them. Usually it was the kitchen cabinets or the various kitchen island pieces. Every time it did, the items were found in the house inventory and I just had to re-place them. It might be I just had them in a bad spot. All the items were up against were a wall I had deleted was. I actually deleted the wall before the items went missing though.

This one drove me nuts for about 2 hours. For some reason, no matter what I did, the sims would just not wash the dirty dishes. They would pick them up, stack them, then put them right back down. The problem was that I had a dirty dish in the microwave and they would not grab it unless I told them to, "clean the microwave by clicking on it." Once I did, they cleaned all the dishes again. Oh, and the microwave when on a counter is placed in the front of the counter. Sims just love putting dishes and glasses behind the microwave. You have to move the microwave for them to get them.

Dim lights! No. The problem is that there are like a 100 different lights. Not all of them have the same intensity. If you pick a light that doesn't cover a large area or has a low intensity, guess what? Dim or dark room. Also, for some reason, sometimes you have to manually turn the lights on even though they were turning on by themselves before. So far once I switched to auto, they have stayed on auto.

When I first started the game, sleeping and time at work took a rather long time to finish. A some point during the game, the time was greatly reduced. Not sure how or why.

The most annoying thing was the dirty dish problem. The rest of the issues were just minor to me. I mainly mentioned them in case others run across them and can't figure out whats wrong.

Overall, I really enjoyed the game. I was not ever bored by it but maybe thats just my game style. I rarely FF, never use the cheats and once in awhile hit the pause button. The museum is rather bland and the Library is just a little better but not much to do there than read and talk. After say 7 hours of game play, I never once made it too a park or gym yet. Just havent' had the time. The bars ALWAYS had 10 or more Sims in them but my Sim rarely went there about 8pm. Even the Library had more than 10 Sims in it. Is such a lot of fun if you make a second family of as many Sims as you can and when you play, you see them walking around the towns. i didn't even give them a house yet and they r showing up. My house is only about 40% done as I ran out of money. That first bill was a hefty $450 and I had forgotten it was coming. LOL. There is a store of sorts. You can go to the book case and buy your books from there. Some skill books are included. Too me, it's fun like any other Sims's game was with better graphics. The emotions are fun to watch but besides the graphics, I never bought into them being more than just traits any way.

For those of you annoyed by how the Sims don't sit together at the table. All I can say is when I put bar stools around my kitchen island and made food. Once they have the food, just click on the bar stool you want them to sit on and they will sit there with their food. I assume it works for chairs also. "Musical chairs" still happens but at a much reduced rate than I saw in the vids.

Dropping commands. Once you figure out why it's liable to happen, it makes sense that they do get dropped. For instance, if your chatting on the couch with some cake in your hand, the Sim is most likely going to drop the command to "stroke the other Sims cheek." Why, you have cake in your hand. If your dancing, same thing. Sometimes you have to be persistent to get them to do something but thats only when there is a large bunch of Sims around interacting with the target Sim.

Going to work. They don't exactly just disappear. You click on the sidewalk, they walk to where you click and continue walking down the street until they disappear.

Things seem to break a lot in the game but then again, most of my appliances are of the cheapest variety at this point.

Thats all I can remember at this point .

I really enjoyed playing the game. Minor glitches to me and it wasn't boring for me at all but I am don't play the game like I am in a race to finish it either. Sure, I agree it should be $50 and not $70. Sure it could use more features. kore is always better right? But I really wonder how many of the people that are complaining theres not much to do are complaining because they had 10 + expansion packs for Sims 3 and want AT LEAST their favorite ones included in this base game. Which of course is unrealistic.

Over all I would give it a solid 8-8.5. Fix the minor glitches and add a few more venues and or attractions, preferably for free and we are good to go.